Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help. Sleeve was Monday. Feel like crap

@@jnfisher I'm weak and uncomfortable as well. My surgeon said to call if I had vomiting. I only did once after I got home, so I didn't have to call him. I hope it gets better for you soon.

I was told to aim for 64 oz as @@BLERDgirl did. I also recommend talking to your doctor if you're having trouble keeping the fluids down. And don't be afraid that something is wrong or you're doing something wrong. That's what the doctors are there for!

The fluids are actually more important than the Protein at this point because we have plenty of fat for our body to burn off (that is the point!) post-surgery, but liquids are essential. I was able to get 64oz of liquids plus the Protein within the first week, but I was on purely Protein shakes which takes care of both at the same time.

Best of luck to you and keep us posted!

Called the oncall physician. I told her everything. She said throwing up the old blood was normal and it would go away. However she was worried about the frequency with which I threw up yesterday. Told me to take some liquid Tylenol and Maalox. Keep drinking every fifteen minutes. And give it til three. If I haven't improved then she'd read not me for IV fluids and to rest my stomach.

Same here. Pretty rough first days. Really hard to hydrate and the pain around my larger incision is still pretty bad when I have to stand or get out of bed. My goal for today is to sip as much as possible!!

Same here. Pretty rough first days. Really hard to hydrate and the pain around my larger incision is still pretty bad when I have to stand or get out of bed. My goal for today is to sip as much as possible!!

Have u thrown up too?

No, but I have had the dry heaves a few times. It was sooo painful on my incisions. Today I need to focus on hydration since that's been a huge problem for me!

I'm right there with u. Hope u do well.

I'm not throwing up but almost like dry heaves at least twice a day (It's all gas and very little fluid). The Water

looks so good but it's like there is no place for it to go down...So I started with a spoon and Ice chips, and

got Fluid that way. I can hold a Popsicle down, so I'm eating those once in awhile.Then I found if I put Grape Propel over

crushed ice I can really drink it...What a blessing.

I still can't get my Protein in maybe 2 OZ of chicken Bullion

and all the shakes that I bought huge containers of because I liked the taste are way to sweet for me to hold down.

(Smelling & Tasting) the gas and the sensitive nose and screwed up taste buds are way worse than the incisions.

I am so ready to feel better.

My 5th and 6th day were the best. I started coming out of my fog and able to feel about 80% better. It will get better I promise ????

I know when I was within a week or so out, I felt terrible. It seemed like everyone was running marathons and I was in pain. I used my meds, which it seemed was not others' experience. IDK. The nurse who called to check on me said to me that you know you did just get your stomach cut and to take the meds, that why they prescribed them. I needed that. It was so much better by week two. Hope you feel better soon and glad you called your practice. I did not throw up until I started introducing certain foods and that was "normal." My surgeon did want us to call if we were throwing up and/or had a fever over 101.

My 5th and 6th day were the best. I started coming out of my fog and able to feel about 80% better. It will get better I promise ????

thank u for the encouragement.

I know when I was within a week or so out, I felt terrible. It seemed like everyone was running marathons and I was in pain. I used my meds, which it seemed was not others' experience. IDK. The nurse who called to check on me said to me that you know you did just get your stomach cut and to take the meds, that why they prescribed them. I needed that. It was so much better by week two. Hope you feel better soon and glad you called your practice. I did not throw up until I started introducing certain foods and that was "normal." My surgeon did want us to call if we were throwing up and/or had a fever over 101.

Today was a little better. I got at least the minimum of 24 ounces down today. I did throw up. But not every fifteen minutes like yesterday. Which after how I felt yesterday, I count as a huge victory. I'm still constantly thirsty and I'm drinking every fifteen minutes. I'm praying I continue to feel better. Supposed to start my Vitamins tomorrow. Which I don't want that to be a step back.

Today was a little better. I got at least the minimum of 24 ounces down today. I did throw up. But not every fifteen minutes like yesterday. Which after how I felt yesterday, I count as a huge victory. I'm still constantly thirsty and I'm drinking every fifteen minutes. I'm praying I continue to feel better. Supposed to start my Vitamins tomorrow. Which I don't want that to be a step back.

This is great progress. Just keep in up and think how positive it will be in the end. Great job.

@@jnfisher - Sounds like progress. Try ice chips if you are still thirsty.

I'm pretty thirsty too. Had to resist the urge to gulp. I did a good job sipping liquids today but it's a constant struggle!