Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my date: January 21st

@kathy0529

I was told to loose 10 lbs before the surgery. The whole six months of nutrional classes my weight was fluctuated. At first it was stagnant then it climbed dropped and climbed again. I started the pre-op diet a week early to give me a head start, and lost 8lbs. Now I am back at 232...long pause, 'cause now the scale isn't moving anymore. I have 8-10 more to go. I increased my Water intake today to see if that will make a difference. Fingers X.

@@Fatdiva14 at my last nutrition appointment I was up 5 lbs from all of my other appointment weigh ins. It was right after New Years and I fully expected surgery in February, but my doctor will be on vacation so rather than delay it, I scheduled it for the 21st of this month. I knew I'd be up because I completely enjoyed the Holidays and knew I would. I'm interested to see what their scale shows tomorrow since it's always a bit higher than mine.

Fingers crossed for you!!!

Also, how are you having surgery? I'm having it done via robotic.

I known I don't think I can handle it if I am denied. I need this so bad.

I have my surgery for Tuesday, January 20th. Truthfully I'm nervous but excited at the same time. Good luck to you!

@@kathy0529

I just left my pre-surgery appointment, and was down 2 lbs more than I anticipated. Only 8 days to go. The nurse told me not to worry, that she was confident I could loose the eight pounds by next Wednesday.

Laparoscopic surgery. I've watched so many videos. It's amazing how the surgery is performed without actually cutting you wide open.

@@Fatdiva14

That's awesome!! Good for you.

What did your pre op appointment entail? Mine was just checking my vitals, listening to my chest and lungs, then having some blood drawn. Wasn't bad at all. My heart was racing a bit, but it calmed down after a bit....I blame nerves!

Good for you for watching the videos....I get weak in the knees when anyone discusses medical stuff around me, so some of the meetings were such fun!

How long will you be in the hospital? My Dr. plans for a 2 night stay. The Insurance approved 1 night, but the Hospital will handle the 2nd night and getting that approved. I would love to go home the next day, but I'd rather be safe than sorry!!

1 WEEK AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@@kathy0529

My appointment was the same as yours.

My team says based on the leak test, I would probably be discharged Thursday.

What are you going to take to the hospital? I asked about that, and was given a short list of things to make sure I had, including Gas X. I can't believe it is 7 days from now. I don't feel nervous, but I'm sure that will change next week.

@@Fatdiva14

Lucky you! I hope you can get released on the Thursday. I've never been in the hospital so I'm very nervous about it. I'm glad that this hospital has private rooms, though. That helps w/some of the nerves.

With any trip, I always overpack, so I'm sure that will be the case here. I've been reading peoples suggestions, too, and have Gas X on my list as well as Chapstick, which many people recommended. I'm not sure what else - what are you bringing?

A friend of mine had this surgery at the same hospital as me 2 years ago and she said that they give the socks to wear so I don't have to worry about slippers, but I'm going to bring my own nightgown just in case. She said I didn't really need pj's, but I'll bring it just in case.

I did receive that antibacterial soap to wash with Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday at the appointment yesterday.

I have to take my polish off my nails and have at least 1 nail on each hand w/out any acryllic - wah! My paperwork said no polish on toes either which stinks, too. Oh well, an excuse for a nice pedi after I'm recovered.

I've been a bit emotional about the surgery. Right now I miss food and wish I could have 1 more meal before the procedure, but I want everything to go smoothly and I am not going to risk anything! I think it's the pre op diet that is getting to me. I'm a very picky eater so my options are limited and right now I'm sick of the food I'm eating. I was very happy that I can tolerate the chocolate Premier Protein shakes and pray that my taste for it won't change after the surgery. I'm focusing on the prize - smaller clothes!!

Counting down the days.

@@kathy0529

I feel you.

I always over pack, but this time I am going to bring as less as possible, because I don't even think I will be there long enough to change into different clothes. I am bringing a pair of pajama pants to wear under the gown they give, probably my robe because hospitals are too cold for me, toothpaste, socks, etc.

It's amazing how every hospital does things differently. I didn't receive any antibacterial soap. I was just told not to put any lotion on from the waist down the morning of the surgery.

I have been doing really well on the liquid diet. Though I admit I miss my cupcakes. The whey Protein mix - chocolate Peanut Butter is DELICIOUS. I caught it on sale at Walmart Sunday. It is so delicious. I think I'm going to order more from Amazon. It is on sale on there as well for $16.00 and some change.

I keep thinking about all the clothes I haven't been able to wear in so long -- good thing that I will be able to wear them through the transition afterwards, before I have to go buy new clothes. I am really looking forward to a new me.

Oh, by the way...What time is your scheduled surgery? Mine is at 1:00 pm.

We only have 7 days to go. Woohoo!

@@Fatdiva14

That's great that you will be home quickly. I don't have a time yet. It seems that everyone scheduled for surgery on Wednesday calls in the day before between 1pm - 3pm to get their scheduled time. I'm hoping for very early - 8am - or early afternoon or I'll have to deal w/rush hour to get there.

How early do you have to arrive to the Hospital? I think mine is about 2 hours.

@@kathy0529

Yeah, my arrival time is the same. I have to be there at 11:00am. They did say that my time could change, depending on if someone cancels, or if they don't show while I'm waiting. We'll see.

Hi all! I'm also scheduled for January 21st! I just went out and bought myself a robe for the hospital and will be bringing along my PJs just in case. Slippers with treads too for the walks around the floor.

I've been on my nutrition plan for 6 months per my insurance and lost 20 lbs. My surgeon says that I only have to be on liquids the day before surgery (with a midnight stopping time for eating), so I'm lucky in that regard.

Rather than spend the last week eating whatever I want, I've been mostly sticking with high Protein and a lunch with a craving for something not so good for me, just so I won't miss it once I have the surgery. I'm just eating til I'm full, but it's at least a taste.

I've stocked up on Isopure, G2, and my Protein drinks (as per my doctor), so I'm ready to go. The doc told me at my pre-op that I'm scheduled to be his second surgery though that may change. If I stay at that time slot, I'll be in surgery by 11:30, out around 1pm. And I get to go home at around 5pm the next day so long as the dye test checks out, no drain necessary.

I'm nervous and excited... but I'd like it to be this time Thursday already haha.

@@Jewelgirl04 & @@Fatdiva14 - the countdown begins!!!

I have 1 more day of work, then a day of taking care of things, then SURGERY.

I'll be out of work from January 21st to February 23rd and everything is already approved on that end.

I think the worst part is the not knowing. I hope I'm like the people who have had minimal pain, but I just don't know and that is what drives me crazy!!!

Best of luck ladies!

@@Jewelgirl04 & @@Fatdiva14 - the countdown begins!!!

I have 1 more day of work, then a day of taking care of things, then SURGERY.

I'll be out of work from January 21st to February 23rd and everything is already approved on that end.

I think the worst part is the not knowing. I hope I'm like the people who have had minimal pain, but I just don't know and that is what drives me crazy!!!

Best of luck ladies!

I think my concerns are three-fold: the pain, potential hair loss, and loose skin. Hopefully, it goes as easily as many of the people I've spoken to. Fingers crossed for us all!

I'm in law school and am taking off two weeks. At least, that's the plan. I generally just sit in class and take notes, so there isn't much strain. The only thing that might be difficult is the fact that I commute and the bus ride into NYC can be a bit... rough sometimes.

@@Jewelgirl04 I have the same concerns as you, plus the Hospital stay. My Doctor has his patients stay 2 nights. I wish it were only 1 since I've never been in the hospital, but I'd rather do as he says.

Good for you doing this while you're in school! I expected 3 weeks off from the Doctor and was pleasantly surprised to get the extra week and since it's approved at work, it's one less thing to worry about it.