Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your thoughts on my success to have sleeve earlier than 12 weeks post removal of Band

E#1 I had my Gastic Band removed last Tuesday and all went fine. They did a special X-ray the next day while i swallowed an aniseed tasting drink. The Doctor said it all looked good.

I am chomping at the bit to have my sleeve done but have to wait 12 weeks (24th March) so my stomach is fully healed.

I see in the U.S. they often do both procedures together.

I do understand taking the precaution of waiting but I have a very good reason for wanting it earlier than 12 weeks. I am a Bing Eater/Bulumic and already I can eat huge volumes of food.

The other thing is after I reached my goal weight of 60kg after the Gastric Band I had all the surgery to tighten up my loose skin and frankly looked fabulous. If I keep up this eating I will stretch the skin out again and all those operations will be ruined.

I will be talking to my Sugeon as soon as possible to discuss.

HAS ANYONE ON THIS FORUM HAD THEIR SLEEVE CONVERSION DONE EARLIER THAN THE 12.WEEKS???

I have read multiple posts here about people who have the lapband removed prior to sleeving surgery, who gain massive amounts of weight so rapidly, e.g., 30-40 pounds in a month even.

What's up with that? Even as a fat girl I never gained anywhere near that amount in a month.

How much food and HOW do people eat enough to gain that much weight so quickly?

(Not snarky at all, but a serious question.)

I have to wait 6 weeks before my sleeve after having my band removed. It goes fairly quick. I did gain 5 pounds before going on my liquid diet, but I really tried to watch what I ate so I would gain a bunch of weight. My surgery is 1/7/15.

My doctor said they do have a better success rate with waiting between band removal and getting the sleeve, less chance for leeks.

Good Luck to you.

Seems to me that you are already setting yourself up to fail while waiting for your surgery. If you believe this about yourself, are you okay to have this surgery? I only ask because who's to say that you will follow the rules after getting the sleeve? This surgery is no joke & you can put your life in danger if you engage in binging/vomiting.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not judging you in any way. Just trying to understand where your head is at. Hopefully you will bump up the number of sessions that you see with your therapist. Rather than just throw in the towel and continue these behaviors...

I had 2.5 months weight and went on a medically supervised diet to keep from gaining. I was starving 24/7

My body was like a dried out sponge, just before I got the band revision to sleeve at the same operation 13 weeks now, it quickly absorbed muscle and Water not much fat to increase my weight by 30lbs.

I just had my band removed on December 8th, and December 29th 4 days ago had my gastric sleeve. Everything went well discharged home 12.31.14 afternoon. Now home recuperating. I feel great. ????

I had all the liquid removed from my band and had the removal and revision done in the same surgical procedure 4 weeks later. All went off with out a hitch and I am down 25 lbs in the last 6 weeks. Im very happy with my decision. Good luck.

I had my band removed December the third. I'm sure that some people think that not having the band in is a carte blanche, eat whatever you want as much as you want since you now have the capability of eating more again and not throwing up, food not getting stuck, I have decided to stay with trying to eat healthier and have continued to maintain weight actually lost 24 pounds pre surgery. I have about month and a half to my sleeve....hope to loose a total of 30 lbs by then