Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Support buddy needed!

Ladies I was sleeved Monday and on full Protein liquids but can't seem to swallow another Protein Drink. Please help. I live in Michigan

I'm three weeks post op. Do you have a protein drink you like or haven't you found one yet? Are you also drinking broth? Special K has a drink (kind of like Crystal light) but it also contains protein. Add them to your Water to get some protein in. Good luck,

Paula

I would like a phone support grop maybe like a whattsapp group on the smart phone to share ideas

Hi Rockand country, I was sleeved 3weeks ago. Send me a message and we can swap phone numbers if you want.

Paula

I would love to take part in this discussion. I am getting sleeved tomorrow!! I am so nervous I am on my second day of only liquids. I think The hardest part for me will be not eating the way I'm used to. I think I dreamed about eating a hamburger last night! I know I'm going to need all the help/support I can get!

I live in Atlanta Georgia and my name is Ashlee.

Hi Ashlee, I live in Southern California. I was sleeved on Dec 30 2014.

How are you doing?

Paula

Hi Paula! I'm doing ok. I think the hardest part now is making sure I eat and drink enough. None of my friends know that I was sleeved, so it's hard to come up with excuses for why I don't want to eat out or go get drinks at a bar, but I'm making it work!

It'll be a month on the 29th and I'm aiming for a 30lb loss which I'm close to!

How has your journey been?

Paula, I had a stash of Special K Protein Water that I found. It has been wonderful but I am running out and can't find it anywhere except on Amazon and it cost a fortune. I ordered a Protein Powder that claims to be completely tasteless and dissolves completely in any liquid hot or cold. It won't come until next week so I am making do for now. Are you able to find the Special K water in the grocery stores where you live?

Paula, I had a stash of Special K Protein Water that I found. It has been wonderful but I am running out and can't find it anywhere except on Amazon and it cost a fortune. I ordered a protein powder that claims to be completely tasteless and dissolves completely in any liquid hot or cold. It won't come until next week so I am making do for now. Are you able to find the Special K water in the grocery stores where you live?

Yes they have them at all the local markets and Walmart and some Walgreens. Have you tried Premier Protein shakes? I like the chocolate and purchased them at costco. There is only one other protein that I have found -on line-called Unjury in strawberry sorbet. I think all the other whey Proteins are disgusting beyond words.

Hi Paula! I'm doing ok. I think the hardest part now is making sure I eat and drink enough. None of my friends know that I was sleeved, so it's hard to come up with excuses for why I don't want to eat out or go get drinks at a bar, but I'm making it work!

It'll be a month on the 29th and I'm aiming for a 30lb loss which I'm close to!

How has your journey been?

Hi cutie, I'm with you. It is tough eating and drinking enough. My nonstop eating was so automatic and now I have to concentrate on everything -it's hard when I'm not hungry. It will be one month on the 30th for me and I have the same goal - 30 lbs.

My journey has gone well. I have only told a few people about surgery. Everyone else has heard the "My Dr. has put me on a very strict food program because of my high blood pressure and cholesterol. I' m not going to drink because of the empty calories. " story. Period, End of story. I just joined a community gym and I'm hoping to get my exercise in on a scheduled basis. So far, not so much. Up until now just a little walking the dog now and then.

How is it going for you?

Paula

I'm not sleeved yet but I'm on the path of going in. I'm looking at April or May. I'm 25 years old and I'm from NY

@Paula... I haven't worked out at all! ????. I said I would in February; just to give myself some more time to heal. I know I've been walking a lot just because I'm a teacher and its a part of my job.

My favorite so far, is six star Pro nutrition elite in triple chocolate. In one packet of sugar free hot cocoa and I am in heaven. I have been drinking coffee since I was 12 and can no longer stand the taste of it. So I get my hot beverage and Protein first thing in the morning. As for the Special K Water, living in the middle of Kansas limits my options. I haven't tried Sams. May check some places in Kansas City next time I'm there. I'm hoping the flavorless protein powder will accomplish the same thing. Thanks for your suggestions.

Brand new here. In preop stage with surgery for May/June. Definitely looking for buddies!!

Debi