Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How on earth can I get 40 to 80 grams of Protein each day? I am lucky if I get 20 to 30. I just read where someone was getting 100 grams a day!!!!! How do they do that?

It takes time to get up to that point. Do what you can. Keep track of your food in a journal and write down the amount of grams of Protein for each food item. Find out what works for you.

I know there are a lot of Protein drinks that have up to 40 grams of Protein in them, like Isopure drinks. But they are an acquired taste so be careful if you try them. You might not like them at first! lol.

I use Premier Protein shakes from costco (chocolate and 1 gram sugar), 30 grams of Protein and only 160 calories and they travel well.

Does anybody that drinks Premier dilute them at all? I have a whole case of them that I have been trying to incorporate into my routine but they are so thick that they make me gag after only about three sips. I have been working on this for a month and I am just not getting "used" to their thickness!

I do the Premier shakes too, and wasn't nuts about the texture cause it was too "milky". I find though that tossing in a handful of frozen fruit & a packet of Splenda, then running it through the blender turns it into something that's pretty close to an actual milkshake- not bad at all!

You'll find too that as you get more foods that are tolerated, Protein will come from them too, and not just supplements. Isopure is an acquired taste- I tried them one bottle at a time till I found the ones I liked. Keep in mind too, that your body can only handle around 30 grams of Protein at a time (I don't have verification as to where I saw this though). If you ingest more than that at a time, it's a waste & will "go right through you".

I can drink the orange and grape Isopure but I add drink mix (target brand) to make them drinkable.

My NUT offered the suggestion with the Premiere Protein drinks to store them room temperature and pour them over ice when you have one. She said something up storing in the fridge seems to thicken them up. I personally like the thickness which seems more like a shake, but if it bothers you..maybe give that a try? On another note... I'm also struggling to get in the required Protein so far. I'm doing good to get in 40-50 grams per day. But, I'm trying to extend grace to myself and know that I'm a work in progress. Good luck on your journey! :)

Initially, I had to eat 140 grams of Protein for my weight when I was early post op. How did I do it.....primier Protein shakes and Protein powders as I was unable to eat much to begin with. I always focus on my protein and it is the main item on my plate even now where I eat between 80-90 grams per day. I have lost 160 lbs. I was told to eat protein first and that is what I do if I have room for carbs, veggies and fruit then I have that

Does anybody that drinks Premier dilute them at all? I have a whole case of them that I have been trying to incorporate into my routine but they are so thick that they make me gag after only about three sips. I have been working on this for a month and I am just not getting "used" to their thickness!

I did buy a case from costco and it went bad (had big lumps in the shakes). I returned it for a full refund. I have brought these for years and have only had one bad case. Otherwise they should not be very thick and I would dilute them with Water or mile. Good luck.

I love premier!

I tried the Syntrax Grape. I put it in my water bottle and figured " hey. This should be like crystal light right?" Wrong lol

That too is an acquired taste.

I freeze mine, almost like eating ice cream. Don't freeze it all the way hard, just put them in freezer for about 2 21/2 hrs. They get slushy. Good stuff !!!