Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Keep waiting for the shoe to drop...

I'm almost 2 months post-op and I've been doing very well. Besides some gas issues very early post-op, I haven't had any food issues. No nausea or throw up, I have a sleeve of steel. Drinking fluids has become sooooo easy. There have a few instance where I took a few big gulps out of old habits and nothing happened. It didn't feel great but I burped and I was fine. I've had spicy food and acidic foods and no issues. I've been losing steady of 1-3 lbs. a week for the last month and half which I'm ok with.

I'm just floored how well I reacted to the sleeve. I'm sure when I up my exercise regime (beginning of the Jan.) I will feel even better.

How is everyone else feeling? Does anyone feel like their waiting for the shoe to drop? Too good to be true?

P.S. - Christmas has been hard. I've had a couple of Cookies but in moderation. Nothing compared to food hording in my Christmas pasts.

I hope that my experience is half as good as yours. It is people like you that give me hope that this surgery will be different than my other experiences. I feel like we have more control over how our body will adjust to the new way of life and that if I do not do well, it will be because of my actions. I hope you continue with your positive change. Just wanted you to know that your experience has given me hope!! Have a good New Year's!!

Audefacere

I am right there with you. I was sleeved on 11/25 and have had slight complications. The major one was the gas but it was resolved with walking. I did hit a stall but have moved past it now. I think I did too much research pre surgery and expected the worst. I now know every body is different and results and complications vary. I am so grateful that my journey is exactly the way it is.

I was sleeved mid-Nov. and also had no problems other than gas, some soreness for two weeks and tired for a month. The only time I have had problems eating is when I eat too much too fast. I love hot/spicy food and have no problems eating them. I don't crave sugary foods so I haven't tried those yet. I am sure at some point I will be confronted with the perfect cookie and give it a try.

At 60 years old I had never been in the hospital before my sleeve operation and was very nervous about going through this. I can't believe how easy the process was and how happy I am that I finally did it. I am not losing as fast as some, 22 pounds in 7 weeks, which could be do to my age, but the scale is going in the right direction and I feel so much better.

Getting the sleeve is the best decision I have ever made, I only wish I had done it 10 years ago.

Congrats on no complications!!!!

I was sleeved 11-17 and have had mild complications - if that is even what you call it. I have been nauseated a few times and have thrown up 3x. first time was trying to find full - found it. 2nd time I ate and then was doing something where I was bent over - it just came right back up, 3rd - ate to fast. I feel very blessed. I know that spicy things give me heartburn - which I never have had before, but I can deal with that.

It is hard to believe that in such a short amount of time that I have changed my life for the better. Eating healthy and exercising and feeling great.

I snuck 3 Cookies as well. Felt very guilty, but not dwelling on it - moving on and exercising and eating protein!

I was feeling the same way. I am almost 9 weeks post op (On Monday) and my experience has been totally different than what I expected. For that I am happy!! :)

My pain was very minimal, I have been following my docs orders and the weight is coming off pretty steadily. I am going to continue to focus on the good, ( I am a big what iffer....lol) and work this sleeve for all it is worth.

Ditto for me too. Tiny Tina (my sleeve) is a tough broad! No issues right after surgery or now at 4.5 months out. I didn't loose much the first 6 weeks, but now it is slow and steady. The only thing that kind of bothered me (just a little) was salad -- probably just the lettuce, since cucumbers and tomatoes on their own are fine. I'm on just a "touch" of blood pressure medicine (compared to the large does pre-surgery) and my knees are so much better!

Recently at work though, the other shoe did drop. I was walking fast down the hall and my double E shoe fell off -- my feet have gotten thinner too! Well, I plan on fixing that issue today at the after XMas sales! Happy holidays everyone!

Ellen

Also 4 1/2 mths out and I have had absolutely no problems. All good. Smooth sailing. When I was 4 weeks out my friends met for lunch at the local Mexican restaurant ...I had tortilla Soup. That made me very uncomfortable and I only had about 5 spoonfuls and it was mostly the broth. I think it was just too soon. I didn't get sick or anything but I felt super full and miserable for about 2 hrs afterward. That was it....my 1 and only weird episode. I am losing 1 to 3 lbs a week and feel fantastic! I used to question whether or not they actually did the surgery on me! I had no pain, came home 1 day after surgery and never used any meds. It was too good to be true! I read all these posts before surgery and was convinced I would be in horrible pain and I would be nauseous miserable for months! Good luck to you! Hope it continues to be easy for you!

I think the majority have a pretty easy time of it. I certainly did.

But those who have slower recoveries really seem to suffer genuinely.

And a few, bless their hearts, have complications and have a really harder time.

Yet when you read the "surgiversary" stories almost everyone (everyone?) says they are so glad they had the surgery, even the ones who had a tougher time post-op.

So happy yours is going so well.

P.S. And no, I'm not waiting for "a shoe to drop." I'm expecting blue skies. :)

Thank you for creating this thread. I have had avery good experience with my sleeve. I was thinking it's made of steel also.

I am a month out I tolerate well.I drink more than 64 ounces I get in 80 grams of Protein I think I have researched read too many stories. I was terrified. When I woke up from surgery the pain was tolerable. I haven't really posted because when I read all of the trouble other people have I feel guilty..

Thanks again It's nice to know others are having a good experince

Thank you all for posting, it is reassuring. My surgery is Monday and have been bracing myself mentally for possible problems...they could happen, but it nice to think it will go really well also.

Been well & just thankful to not have any issues

No, no shoe dropping! Your going to do just fine!