Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having RNY near 220 lbs or less?

I weigh abt 215. I'm 5'6" and am 40 yrs old. I will have the RNY on Feb 2nd. I was so borderline my family doc was unsure I qualified for the surgery, but referred me anyway. My preop is this thurs and I start the preop diet Fri. Other than the support group meetings my husband has yet to really know what I got myself into lol. Yes, he's fully supportive, and he knows for me this is life or death. I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure in 2013 and dieting and working out made me gain weight before I leveled off some 30lbs above where I am now. Yeah, I'm weird, I know. I'm just ready to be done with the process and move on already....I know, I'm impatient heh.

I weigh abt 215. I'm 5'6" and am 40 yrs old. I will have the RNY on Feb 2nd. I was so borderline my family doc was unsure I qualified for the surgery, but referred me anyway. My preop is this thurs and I start the preop diet Fri. Other than the support group meetings my husband has yet to really know what I got myself into lol. Yes, he's fully supportive, and he knows for me this is life or death. I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure in 2013 and dieting and working out made me gain weight before I leveled off some 30lbs above where I am now. Yeah, I'm weird, I know. I'm just ready to be done with the process and move on already....I know, I'm impatient heh.

I know what you mean too. I'm just ready to do the same. I've been looking into the sleeve also and believe it may go a little easier for me, but deep down inside I know that I need RNY. This whole thing has been so complicated for me. I want to rid my diabetes and hope that I don't have any bone issues due to my arthritis. I'm weird too...LOL

Everything with me is complicated. I have cerebral palsy. My right side is 40% paralyzed and my left is 10-20%, as I tell people who learn abt my disability, it's just enough to make life interesting for everyone in my life, and scare the crap of everyone when things go wrong.

Everything with me is complicated. I have cerebral palsy. My right side is 40% paralyzed and my left is 10-20%, as I tell people who learn abt my disability, it's just enough to make life interesting for everyone in my life, and scare the crap of everyone when things go wrong.

I'm no stranger to CP, my 30 year old son has it.

I know mine is very mild compared to many, I'm very independent and like it. I hate having others looking after me, even for short periods. Having this surgery for me means I have to depend on the husband and roomies for several weeks while I recover. I get to run the house from the recliner lol. Hubby knows to expect me to be cranky, I'm not sure if the roomies are ready for it, I've started deferring household tasks to everyone else to prep them now rather than 3 weeks from now, it's meeting resistance at the moment. I think it's not real to anyone in the house yet, think it will be once the liquid diet starts.

Had surgery at 238 and an 5'6. It doesn't matter the number, it's how you wear it and how it's affecting your body. I carry all excess weight in my belly and imaging how being pregnant for life made my back feel!!

I love that I don't have a long way to go before I look slim again. I am so glad I did this before things got out of control even more!!

I was 200 at my surgery date which was Nov. 11 2014. Doing good but the weight seems to be slower the smaller you are...I guess?! I'm now down to 183. It's definitely WORK! I have to Step Up my Workout!

* Nov. 18th was surgery *

Edited by Buttercupbrown

Congrats to you yes I hear when ever your dr give you the ok start working out that's what I will be doing can't wait I had to jump through so many hoops two denials my dr never given me a sleep study and as of December 31 2014 was the last day I had payed my copay and alot of my out of pocket so I got the sleep study results and tested positive all my pre test was done I should have had my surgery in October 2014 so now its January and I have to pay all this money out again if only my dr would have ordered me to take that sleep study test earlier instead of trying to appeal

Surgery weight was 225 and I am 5'3" (on a tall day) (I'm 32 years old). Surgery date was July 9 and I'm holding steady at 161 and have been for about a month. It was a pretty slow loss with a lot of short stalls, but SO worth it :) Off all of my diabetes meds and feel really good! Would like to lose another 15-20lbs, but we'll see.

Kkent8704 congrats I'm glad to hear you guys great stories with your weight loss dr has already told me my weight loss will be on the slow side rather then a person with more to lose I'm 5'0 age 46 hypertension high cholesterol sleep apnea and hiatus hernia needs repaired also with surgery hoping to get down toward 130 over time I rather deal with a slow loss with working out with strength training and weighs giving it a year or however long it takes just have to stay positive and keep pushing ! Never quitting

Had surgery at 238 and an 5'6. It doesn't matter the number, it's how you wear it and how it's affecting your body. I carry all excess weight in my belly and imaging how being pregnant for life made my back feel!!

I love that I don't have a long way to go before I look slim again. I am so glad I did this before things got out of control even more!!

that's why I'm looking into doing this (RNY) in hopes of taking control before my health really get out of control if it's not too late. So far, So good. Ever since being banded, I really started to look pregnant. I had 2 bellies stacked ..LOL

Kkent8704 congrats I'm glad to hear you guys great stories with your weight loss dr has already told me my weight loss will be on the slow side rather then a person with more to lose I'm 5'0 age 46 hypertension high cholesterol sleep apnea and hiatus hernia needs repaired also with surgery hoping to get down toward 130 over time I rather deal with a slow loss with working out with strength training and weighs giving it a year or however long it takes just have to stay positive and keep pushing ! Never quitting

I don't think that I would mind the slow weight loss either. I think it may be better also.

Thanks to all of you. I feel so much better about this. I know that the arthritis in my feet will be happy I took this route.