Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my 2 week diet on the 29.

First of all Happy Holidays everyone. Now on to business..lol.

Since my 2 week diet starts on Dec 29, I've been trying to moderately eat some of my favorite foods. The funny part about it is that my stomach is not cooperating. I've been watching what I eat for so long for the doctor and now it seems like eating and even talking about some foods make me nauseous. Don't know why, but thought I share my failed plan. Count down under way!!

I did the same thing. Had my last two days before preop all planned out with my favorite meals. But I got too busy with work and ended up with subway both days. ????. But don't worry about it....You will be eating your favorite foods again someday. Besides beer, there's nothing I can't eat. (Especially the last two days!)

LOL.....I thought the same thing! I have 6 weeks until surgery. I told myself you have 2 weeks to get your favorite foods out of your system. I had my last slice of pizza, McDonald's, ice cream. I just had Pasta the other night. But I am having a hard time giving up bread. My surgeon said high Protein no starches until surgery and do not gain any weight. Well even cutting out my all time favorites alittle at a time I have actually lost a pound. It's been a week and a half since I saw my doctor. Next Wednesday is it...I'm going strictly by his diet. My surgery date is January 29th.

All I can say is take it one meal at a time. And don't feel to guilty....you only have to say goodbye to those foods for a short while. You have already done a great job with moderation :-)

Thanks ladies. During my 6 month process I put on between 20 -30 lbs so the dr had me loose 10 lbs in 3 weeks. He didn't put me on a diet, I think it was more of a test to see if I was really serious. At first I felt insulted because he knew my meds had been changed and they were weight gainers but I said ok I'm going to show this man. I reduced my caloric intake and lost 11.

I guess getting the Protein requirements in will be the hardest, but I have my before and after shakes stacked and ready to drink.

I've gone through the same thing! I really thought doing the liquid diet was going to be tough, but after day 3 it seems that my body has gotten accustomed to not eating as much. I kind of taught myself to ignore the desire to eat by keeping extremely busy! My surgery is on 1/12 and I don't want any drama so I'm trying to do exactly as they have told me. bread is my weakness so I purposely stay away from it while on this diet!! LOL!

Best wishes to you. Keep me posted on your progress. I see you go in one day after me! I'll be sure to keep my laptop with me in the hospital to check in.

@@Ready_For_Me_13 Thanks a lot and the other ladies I thank you too. It's good to have someone that knows what you are going through and not just pat you on the back and say it's ok. My hubby is the best, but he has no idea how much we have to deal with going through this process.

I don't want any problems with my dr either, so I try to do everything I can to make things go easy. I'll have my Ipad with me and I will definitely be sure to update everyone. Of course since you are a day before me I can check on you the night before. Thanks for the encouragement