Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like I am going to have a mental breakdown. I am sitting on the couch watching tv and even that is annoying me right now. I wanted to go to my parents for the holidays dr said no so that's another bummer. I feel fine just very bored and there is nothing to do but sleep sit and walk around the house. I feel the depression coming over me !!!!!!! Hellllllppppp

I assume you have had your surgery recently? Do you have any hobbies that interest you? Is it possible for your parents to come to you? I know how boring it can be when all alone, especially this time of year. I really don't know what else could help you. Remember it won't always be like this. Next year you can probably do what you want. Try to stay upbeat and positive and enjoy Christmas. Maybe read a book or magazines. I don't know....... sorry!

@@maggie0210 my mom has been here since the 16th my surgery was on the 17th she's leaving Christmas Eve she has to be home with all my other family members... I just can't seem to concentrate to read a book or something ... I am 6 days post op this is harder than I thought ... I am hanging in there but everything seems to be annoying me!

It is so difficult at first. I'm glad your mom was there. I can't concentrate halfthe time anyway! I'm getting old! I really wwish you a happy holiday. No friends close by that could visit you? Next year you will be so much happier, I promise you. Try to hang in there, okay?

You got this, Krisstep! I haven't had my surgery yet but I've had major surgery before. General anesthesia can really pack a wallop! Seriously, as the chemicals and stuff leave your body you can feel anxious and depressed. It's fairly normal, but just makes you feel terrible. Combine that with not being able to eat AND the holidays and that would leave anyone feeling irritable. Keep posting and checking in. Take care!

Yeah last year this time I had breast augmentation and indo remember feeling the same way... But the not eating part has a lot to do with it too. I physically am not hungry at all but for some reason am feeling depressed ...

I bet! Like I said, haven't had the surgery yet so I ought to keep my yap shut, but of course I won't! :) You must have had a reason for getting this surgery done, so maybe it'll help to think about that every time you start to get frustrated about not eating. You're going to be so much healthier in the long run, and that's the greatest Christmas present to yourself and your family!

It's kind of strange your doctor won't let you go to your moms- is it a long drive?

The first week I had terrible head hunger especially when watching tv. Honestly, I made some food a few times, chewed it up and spit it out. It helped me sooooo much. The urge to do this now has totally passed but it got me through the worst few days. It was like a pickle, a salami sandwich, a bite of hamburger meat. I made sure to spit it all out. I'm not suggesting you do this, I'm just saying it worked for me with the worst of the head hunger. I don't do it at all now.

I watched so many movies. I rented them on Amazon and it kept me entertained. Here are some suggestions:

Thrillers

Tell no one

The secret in their eyes

The prestige

The village

Romantic

The affair (on showtime)

50 first dates

Never been kissed

The phantom of the opera

Tv

The affair

The killing

The fall

Orphan black

Outlander!!!

Take this time to rest and heal yourself. Write in a journal and call some old friends. Make a list of goals for the next year. Snuggle with yourself.

Do a facial and do your nails, pluck your eyebrows. Take care of yourself. Go through your closet and get organized. Take before pictures and your measurements!!

Go for short walks, breathe, enjoy.

If you feel like talking I'm here for you.

@@krisstep I totally feel what you're feeling. Last night I straight up sobbed because I was in pain and so uncomfortable I couldn't find a decent sleeping position. I'm anxious about when I'll finally feel normal. I am barely eating/drinking so I'm exhausted too. Let alone I keep having to get up (which HURTS) to walk around every now and then.

I just keep remember this is all for a bigger reason. I am 6 Days post op and I have lost 10 pounds since the day of my surgery already.

Feel free to reach out to me if you want to rant! I understand how you feel and am kind of embarrassed how of often I'm crying. But I think it's also a lot of pent up stress that is now releasing itself because the surgery already happened.

Berkeleycurves I right there with you with the same struggles... Today I had cream of wheat couple spoons I was done. Make sure to drink as much Water as possible. I know it's hard but we can do this!! I was crying last night I just went to sleep and was crying... It's hard but I am sure it will get better. Hang in there I am glad there are others who understand me. You can reach out to me also anytime I will be here ...

@belkabloom thank you so much for all the advise. My mom was suggesting I chew up and spit out too .. Maybe I'll do that if I really need to but I am ok for now. I live in Los Angeles and my parents love up north in sacramento it's a 6 hour drive and 8 hours if I take the train there's no way I am driving lol. Dr wants me to be close by incase of any complications but I feel fine. I have a dr appointment on the 31st I'll ask them again and if all is well I can go that same day and be there for my birthday :) yay!! I am being positive

Bellabloom,

I haven't had surgery and what Kristep is saying is exactly what I was hoping to hear on this forum...not that she is having a hard time post op, but the truth about the feelings and such immediately following surgery and later on. I am really worried about the times when I'm watching tv and eating, what you called head eating. I love the idea that you made the food, chewed it up, and spit it out. That probably isn't the best idea but realistically I think that may be a big help to me when I have my surgery in February. I think half my problem is that I like the taste of things yet am rarely hungry so your suggestion sounds like it might work for me.

Thanks for sharing!

Bellaboom yes you are going to experience all sorts of feelings and emotions after surgery you just need to prepare yourself and know that at the end it will be all worth it. There is not a single person that I have talked to or read anywhere that regret their decision. The mind hunger is our own demon we need to fight. I think it's one of the reasons why we are where we are is because we aren't able to tell of we are really hungry or just bored, well at least that was the case with me. But be positive and we are here for you. Good-luck :) if I can do it anyone can.