Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cramping and vomiting

Anyone having this? My doctor has no idea. I'm 3 months post op. I'm having severe cramping sometimes associated with vomiting. It seems to happen everytime I have stool in my colon, about every two-three days. It is always always in the morning and I can't associate with any food I eat. I have irritable bowel syndrome. My biggest fear is this is my life now. I have had my gall bladder checked and it's fine.

Has your Dr. sent you in for a Colonoscopy? Maybe inquire abt that, I've had that 3 times, very sporadic and not till I was 9 mo. out, surgeon had a cat scan of my abdomen, all was ok although he thought I might be "getting backed up", went to my pc when it happened a 3rd time and he sent me for a sonogram of my gallbladder but told me up front if it didn't show anything I would have to get the colonoscopy. We'll see. I relate, the cramps have me in tears when they happen and I didn't cry at all after my surgery. Good luck!

I had three different gallbladder tests which all came back normal. But we eventually removed the gallbladder anyway because nothing else seemed to make sense. The report back from pathology after it was removed was that my gallbladder showed signs of chronic inflammation, had stones (which didn't show up on the sono), and had a benign tumor inside. After having it removed the nausea and vomiting greatly improved. I am 6 months out and still have some "episodes" but nothing like before I had my gallbladder removed. The moral of my story is that "normal" gallbladder tests don't mean that there is nothing wrong with your gallbladder. I'm thankful that I had a doctor that was willing to believe me and my symptoms over the test results.

You know I've gotten the same thing and it usually happens about an hour after it takes her medicine so I thought maybe one of my medicines are one of my Vitamins was making me violently ill. The last episode I had was about a week ago on Sunday and I was on the floor in the bathroom of the church and I was puking up Water and phone in all it done was I had taken my vitamins and my pantoprazole in my Bentyl during church and after church I felt like I'm going to throw up. And then came the cramping in the pain and the sweats and then I pass out and fall asleep and then I wake up and I'm better this is how my episodes ago.