Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My lunch bag is a sad place right now

I drive into the office twice a week (3 days a week at home). I bring in my own lunch and Snacks because it's too expensive to eat out. I used to pack my lunch bag with little goodies for the day. Not a lot, mind you. Just some tasty treats.

I am jonesing HARD for a piece of dark chocolate right now. You want to know what was packed in my lunch box for today? A Greek yogurt (had it this morning; few bites and full), my 1.5 oz of "chicken casserole" (diced chicken, pinch of steamed spinach, pinch of cheese, and some salsa), and some chicken broth for just in case I want something warm to drink.

My lunch bag is no longer fun. sigh. I will get through this today but I really want chocolate!

I buy the 85% dark chocolate bars at Aldi's at put them in the freezer. When I feel the urge, I just break off a small piece. It takes forever to melt in my mouth and usually satisfies whatever craving was there.

After the "cleanse" I did with the liquids for 4 weeks, I haven't gone back to sweets...except an occasional sugar free fudgesicle... they say the cravings are in your head...but if you can't get over it have a little piece like Miss Mac suggests and move on :) ....

I prefer nuts over chocolate now

I also LOVE chocolate. I could happily eat it for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A few years ago I just gave it up completely and now I have the rule that I can eat as much chocolate as I want in December, just not the rest of the year. My sleeve unfortunately is not a fan of chocolate, so this year it's December but I've only had a few bites and it has completely satisfied the craving. I'm not sure how far you are out from surgery, but you can have chocolate again and if you're like me, one or two bites will make you completely happy as opposed to a few thousand calories like I loved in the past. :)

I drive into the office twice a week (3 days a week at home). I bring in my own lunch and Snacks because it's too expensive to eat out. I used to pack my lunch bag with little goodies for the day. Not a lot, mind you. Just some tasty treats.

I am jonesing HARD for a piece of dark chocolate right now. You want to know what was packed in my lunch box for today? A Greek yogurt (had it this morning; few bites and full), my 1.5 oz of "chicken casserole" (diced chicken, pinch of steamed spinach, pinch of cheese, and some salsa), and some chicken broth for just in case I want something warm to drink.

My lunch bag is no longer fun. sigh. I will get through this today but I really want chocolate!

Your lunch bag sounds more interesting than mine. LOL I work part time so when I do work and have to bring a lunch my lunchbag (which is very cute and new) contains three freezie ice packs, one tervis tumbler with gold fish on it and one premiere Protein shake in either vanilla or chocolate.

:)

Great suggestions!

I have sugar free chocolate pudding and chocolate Protein bars on occasion. If you can control yourself and have a few Hershey's Kisses then have some. The sleeve is about helping with moderation, not to stop eating everything you love forever. If you feel you can't have "just a couple" then try and find a low-carb/low-fat substitute that will satisfy your craving.

I agree with the moderation thing....a couple Hershey kisses or a square or two of dark chocolate won't derail your weightloss. In fact, it's a lot easier for me to be good 90% of the time as long as I let myself be "bad" the other 10%. Actually had a small handful of chocolate chips with a teaspoon of Peanut Butter this evening. You just need to be able to stop after a small taste. Find a balance you can live with....cause this is for the rest of your life!

Edited by Kindle

I agree with the moderation thing....a couple Hershey kisses or a square or two of dark chocolate won't derail your weightloss. In fact, it's a lot easier for me to be good 90% of the time as long as I let myself be "bad" the other 10%. Actually had a small handful of chocolate chips with a teaspoon of Peanut Butter this evening. You just need to be able to stop after a small taste. Find a balance you can live with....cause this is for the rest of your life!

You got that right!! Finding that balance for the rest of your life ????

that's my fear...that one bite will start an avalanche of NEEDING chocolate regularly... but, agreed...if you can handle "just a bit" that's great for you...

I do believe we have to find what works for us on a day to day basis or we will not succeed...having an occasional piece of chocolate will not disrupt most of us :)

I've been having a diet hot chocolate. 20 cal. 4g of sugar. I add a table spoon of whey Protein to get a little protein in. But... I haven't gone back to work yet. I do Monday. A little worried bout the daily avalanche of goodies brought in by my peers. I will remind my self that nothing taste as good as healthy and slim. Also gerber baby food has these little yogurt melt Snacks. They are low sugar and fat free. I might grab a bag of those and keep them handy in case I need a substitute.

The calcium citrate I take comes in caramel (LOVE) and other flavors... 6 chews a day...so, to me, that's my sweet for the day :)

The lunch bag gets better with time if you get creative. However, it much easier to stay structured during the work week. I generally eat most of the same stuff, but do change it up. Recently I dumped Greek yogurt for a Protein Shake and fruit which is my standard Breakfast. I make a big batch of chili every couple of weeks for lunch. Have developed a high protien low calorie recipe which I have not gotten tired of. As for chocolate I can live without it. One thing we all have to remember about the holidays is to not start up with our old habit such as grazing. I notice one poster say she has allowed herself all the chocolate she wants in December. Sounds like a scary idea to me. I made that same deal with myself with Scotch. Now I am finding it harder to say NO to scotch. But it has to go.

Check out "the world according to egg face" website and pinterest. She is amazing and has LOTS of great fun lunches with treat feel in her very cool laptop be to boxes. I bought two and now LOVE opening my fun lunches. She also has fabulous and 'legal' chocolate treats, like cannoli made in a strawberry with one end dipped in shaved chocolate. I add up maybe 20 calories each and they still have Protein. She also had WLS and has made a great site from her learning. Check it out, it'll save your lunch time blues...and Breakfast, dinner and dessert!

Your lunch bag sounds more interesting than mine. LOL I work part time so when I do work and have to bring a lunch my lunchbag (which is very cute and new) contains three freezie ice packs, one tervis tumbler with gold fish on it and one premiere Protein shake in either vanilla or chocolate.

:)

Why goldfish? :)

I agree with the others. chocolate is ok. Gorging on chocolate regularly is not. I was NEVER a sweet eater before surgery. I probably eat more chocolate now than I did pre-op. It's not a trigger for me, though, so if it is for you, stay away.

I keep a snack bag with a few dark kisses or Dove Dark Promises. Occassionally, I will buy a bag of M&Ms and put a few of those in my chocolate bag. I eat MAYBE 2-3 a day? Cures the craving and I no longer think about them.