Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

BG~ Good job on the gym, I am the same way as for getting started. I throw a temper tantrum, kick, scream, you name it I do it....but once my hubby gets me out the door and started I am fine and enjoying it!

It is one of my big hurdles to overcome with working out, we are lucky to have men who make us!

It's the "mountain" bike. For real it's a hybrid. It has thinner than typical moutain tires and it has the not straight across handle bars.

I want to send out an email to all my coworkers: "If you weight 130 pounds please let me know. May I pick you up?"

Don't know I think my boss might not appreciate that. Heck, HR might get a few formal complaints.

WOOO HOOO.. I received Cardiac Clearance today. I am so excited. .. Now I just have to finish out my 4 week diet plan and get my preop appt and surgery scheduled.. :cool2::w00t::cursing:

Congrats mshultz!!!!!!!!!! Woohoooooo

that is so awesome............

Thanks Hoos... I dont konw if anyone on here has ever had a Dobutamine stress echocardiogram, but I can tell you it is a very weird feeling.. Nothing to be nervous about like I was, but very strange. I was just glad to hear the Doctor say your heart looks GREAT.. so that made me super duper excited and made all the worry worth it :w00t:

OH yeah.. One more question.. does ANYONE have a suggestion on a Protein Shake that is not to thick and has a good taste?? I know I am asking a lot, but I have tried the slim fast low carb chocolate which is tolerable, but kind of thick and makes me feel sick to my stomach afterwards it has 20 grams of Protein and I would like to stick between 20-30 grams for the morning since it is my meal replacement.. Thanks in advance. hope everyone is well

J - maybe you should try picking up 2 65-lb 7 year olds (or so). Less political correctness involved and you can make it seem like a game. Besides, those darn sexual harrassment claims are so annoying to sort out. :w00t:

MeS - I really like the Slim Fast Low Carb, but not how it comes out of the can. I put mine in the Magic Bullet and add ice and sometimes some strawberries, or even 1/2 of a banana. You could add some milk to thin it. Whirl it together and it's a really good Breakfast on the run. The other thing that I like are the whey test tube looking things that have 42 grams of Protein in each. Trouble is, you can only drink 1/2 at a time (since your body can't use 42 grams of protein at once) and 1/2 of a tube is not too filling. But it does give you an option for a day when you are having a breakfast that is not high-protein.

D - I always have that same problem when I ride to school. So, I don't when I have to lecture. I wish I was one of those southern belles that don't sweat, they only "glow". But, egad, I'm not....I'm a regular old radiator. I glow red with heat and feel the sweat running down my back into my shorts. Of course, on the bright side, maybe if I don't smell so good it will keep folks from visitng too long in my office - LOL! :cool2:

Over and out! KY

OH yeah.. One more question.. does ANYONE have a suggestion on a Protein Shake that is not to thick and has a good taste?? I know I am asking a lot, but I have tried the slim fast low carb chocolate which is tolerable, but kind of thick and makes me feel sick to my stomach afterwards it has 20 grams of Protein and I would like to stick between 20-30 grams for the morning since it is my meal replacement.. Thanks in advance. hope everyone is well

One of the better ones I have tried is Matrix 5.0. It is pretty inexpensive also. Around $36 for 72 servings. Just search it online. One thing about Protein Shakes is that they really are an aquired tasted. No matter what they are not the super delicious triple thick milkshake we want them to be. But mixing things in usually helps. Bananas are great to go with chocolate shakes along with some Peanut Butter (PB2 powder-only 40 calories). But you have to watch how much you put in or it becomes this high calorie atrocity.

So my 5 yo has finally gottten down riding the 2 wheel bike. He threw his training wheels away the other night. Me and the kids went on a two mile rides yesterday and it was so nice not hearing the loud sound of training wheels on the cement. My baby is growing up. Kindergarten next week. I think I am going to cry.

The J-man is getting big! That's so great!

My only comment about Protein powders is don't over buy like I did. I got huge containers of vanilla and choclate whey something (sorry I don't remember the name) powders just before I was banded and I've not used a quarter of them.

Drinking Protein Drinks isn't how I get my protein, but I thought it was going to be. However there are some folks who really use and benefit from having them as part of their diet forever after banding. Until you know which one you are buy small quantities.

i used Unjury unflavored and added it to whatever liquid i like I also buy and still buy protien bullets...they taste like kooliade

I have tried LOADS of them. One that fits the bill is EAS The Edge. It actually tastes ok and i but it in premade boxes..you can get it in Walmart so no special ordering..its in the pharmacy normally in the diet section. Its 4 packs for about 4.79. The choc is good and i like the vanilla ok. But for 4.79 at least you can try it. 17g of protien low cal..low carb and it tastes pretty good.

Another one ive noticed is Muscle Milk. High cal but now they started coming out with Muscle Milk Light..but i have only seen the light online.

thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will keep them in mind. I have tried the slimfast low carb which is ok just super thick and I have a muscle milk light here that i got from GNC but I am afraid to try it ha ha. My father in law pick up one for me the other day that was not so bad, but it was 17 oz and that is to much. I am really looking for the Protein Shakes for pretty much the week or two before surgery so I figured I would find this time to find them. Also, it is not a bad option for me in the morning if I can find an RTD because I have a hard time finding the time for breakfast so having a drink to hold me to lunch and giving me my Protein works out nicely. Whosya I will definitely look into some you suggested..I dont really want to buy a powder one because I don't want anything that will have a grainy feel.. Well thanks so much if anyone else has suggestions keep them coming I have about 3 more weeks to find one I can tolerate haha :thumbup: