Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sipping water makes me nauseaous.

why does sipping Water makeme sick. i also tried sipping regular ice tea with sugar and this went down easier. please

let me know your experiences. thank you. also, bringing up thick phlem.

I still drink ice tea and very little Water. Water made me sick as well.

I always seem to do better mixing something in my Water, even before surgery. Right now I'm on a pineapple & coconut Dasani kick. :P

Drinking Water never really bothered me. But now that the weather is cooler I find it harder to get my Water down. So I am dinking more hot Decaf tea. Goes down very easy and I am having no problem getting all my liquids in.

Have you tried switching up the temperature of your Water? Pre-surgery I only drank things at room temp. Afterwards, I really enjoyed cold water for the first time ever. Though I hear most people are vise versa.

yeah i'm still in the hospital on Water and popsicles and the water does make me sick....I really hope theylet me go home tomorrow even thoughIhaven't passed gass and ihave had the zofran about 3 times already today becasue of the water.

yeah i'm still in the hospital on Water and popsicles and the water does make me sick....I really hope theylet me go home tomorrow even thoughIhaven't passed gass and ihave had the zofran about 3 times already today becasue of the water.

does the hospital give you sugar free Popsicles? Cuz i will freak out if the give me a regular one full of sugar lol

Yeah they are sugar free :)

I couldn't drink plain Water or artificial sweeteners for 4 months...they hurt my sleeve. I was still able to get in all my fluids by drinking Decaf herbal teas (both hot and iced), milk, diluted 100% fruit juice, diluted regular sports drinks, pedialyte and Soup broths. I had to dilute the sugary drinks because everything tasted way too sweet to me, and I still lost weight despite not doing the sugar free thing. I used unflavored Protein powder and found Protein shakes sweetened with stevia to make sure I got in all my Protein.< /p>

BTW, I can drink plain Water just fine now, but I still don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners. I can tolerate it in my Protein Drinks, but prefer regular Vitamin water/lifewater drinks to the low cal/zero ones.

Edited by Kindle

Me too! Water has ALWAYS been my drink of choice! I love it. But now, it is a struggle to drink. Part of the problem is taking too big of a SIP. When my sip is more like a drink, it hits my stomach like a rock! Everything I have read assures me that it will get better! Hang in there!

I too was getting sick from all the Water. Add I'm getting further out though, I love very cold water. I can now get down 4 cups easily every day. Before surgery I couldn't bring myself to drink one cup. It gets easier. In the beginning I suffered from dehydration terribly, until I began to drink my water after a small bit of Soup. I think coating my stomach made it go down easier.

I wish I knew why plain Water (bottled or tap) makes me sick at my stomach - unless it's icy cold. I love Crystal Light lemonade and keep a supply handy to mix with water. I switched to Crystal Light (from Coke) in the early 2000's and have never gotten tired of the lemonade flavor. I've tried other flavors and brands of diet drink powder and always come back to Crystal Light lemonade.

For first 4 or 5 months plain Water of any temp made me very nauseous. I could only drink flavored water, particularly strawberry watermelon G2. That was getting really expensive though and now at 7+ months out I can drink regular water again. I recommend experimenting with zero calorie, non-carbonated drinks to see what works for you.