Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those of you that are at least 6 or more weeks out...

I get 70-90 grams of Protein a day and about 600-700 calories a day, but what about fat and carbs?! Also, on average how much weight do u lose a week. I'm 8 weeks out and lose 2-3 lbs a week. I feel pretty ok by that, but have had a couple stalls that are no fun. I'm just curious

I don't track fat, but do track calories, carbs and Protein. I'm getting 800-900 calories a day, and 60-80 grams of protein with under 30 grams of carbs a day (Most days I stay way under). I am probably older than you, so my weight loss has been slow but steady (about 1.5-2 lbs a week). I am 3 months out this week. And yes, stalls suck. Mine always involve a gain of a pound, stay there for a while, then lose 2...it's the darndest thing!

I didn't really track fat\carbs. I set MFP to balance the rest of my calories (1000-1200 during my loss phase) after 75g of Protein to balance equally between the others. I did not lose particularly "fast", but it was fast enough for me. I lost steadily with few stalls, no Hair loss and moderate loose skin reaching my goal range, (about a 90 pound loss). by about month 9. I'd lost 13 preop I count in the total.

I always just keep an eye on my Protein, carbs, and Water. I shoot for 80g Protein, 30 carbs, and 100 oz of Water. When I do that I don't really have to worry about calories, fat, or sugar, because it all kind of seems to fall into line.

I am 6 1/2 weeks out. My surgery was on Oct. 7. I just hit 230, which makes a 40 pound weight loss since surgery and 50 pound weight loss since my two week pre op. I've been losing 5 pounds a week for the past three weeks.

My daily intake and activity consists of:

100 grams Protein

50-64 Fluid ounces

0-5 grams fat

8-10 grams of carbohydrates

600 total calories

2-3 miles of speed walking everyday, Pilate's 20 minute video 3-4 days a week

I'm not sure if my regimine is correct, recommended or the right way to go. I just know that it is what seems to be working for me now. I'm trying to work on not eating so close to bedtime. Although I don't see how much of a problem it truly is since I seem to be losing weight at an adequate pace. I've just come to realize that there will always be people that lose faster or slower than me.

I was told to stay at 40 grams of fat or less

Edited by Turk

Hi, I'm about 3 1/2 mths out and I have never worried about carbs or fat. We eat so little I believe if we stick to Proteins first, veggies second then fruit there is very little room for anything else. If you eat the right kinds of foods you shouldn't be over indulging in fat and carbs anyway.....at least I cant, no room. I get about 60-70 grams of Protein and about 750 - 900 calories a day. I have gone over my diet with my nutritionist and I am spot on nutritionally if I stick with lean meats....chicken, fish, tuna, turkey and lean ground beef and sometimes steak. I eat a variety of veggies and a piece of fruit a day. I honestly just don't have room for too many carbs to worry about over doing it. I eat oatmeal on occasion for Breakfast and a bite or two of brown rice or whole grain Pasta every evening with my dinner. I try to snack on left over veggies from the night before or sliced apple or a small banana. I don't snack on crackers, pretzels or chips....frankly, I'm afraid I wont stop eating them, I heard they go down and through you quite easily. I lose about 2-3lbs a week and I am thrilled with that! :) I did weight watchers off an on for years. I was very successful a couple times but always put he weight back on. I think I am just sick of "counting" anything. If I just stay mindful of what I have room for and go for Protein first then I don't get that "counting" torture. I really cant wait for this whole process to just become a daily "non-thinking" "non-counting" habit or way of life!

I am 5 weeks out and I'm losing an average of 7 lbs a week. I'm not watching a diet or counting calories. I am eating anything i want. I've also eat ice cream every single day for the last week and still haven't gained or stopped losing.

I do try to drink 4 Protein shakes a day.

I'm restricted by how much I can eat on a daily basis so it helps.

Did any of you go through the famous three week stall?

I find it SO hard to get my Protein. I don't like shakes and at the moment I can eat very little. It's 2.5 wks since my surgery. I haven't thrown up until the last 2 days and now it seems everything I eat I throw up including Vitamins etc

About 900-1000 calories per day, 60+ grams Protein, under 40 net carbs. I don't track fat, but buy everything low fat like cottage cheese, chicken breast, cheddar cheese, etc.

My weight loss averaged about 2 lbs per week, but slowed to about 1 lb since I dropped below 200 lbs. It's such a wonderful feeling!

Edited by AlwaysVegas

Did any of you go through the famous three week stall?

I feel I'm there. My sleeve was 11-4 and I dropped 17lbs as of my dr visit on 11-19. I don't go back to the dr again until 12-22. However my home scale seems to have stalled out and I'm not seeing much movement over this past week. I think my issue is I'm not getting in enough Fluid, protein, or anything for that matter and my body won't let go of anything. I'm attempting to bump up my Protein intake however it is difficult in the purée stage. I managed to make turkey purée in my one that was yummy yet again I only had maybe an ounce. I'm slowly learning this new sleeve of mine.

I was sleeved on 11/21 - I understand it has only been one week, but I cannot wrap my head around getting 60+ Protein, much less good fats. I have been reading replies for ideas, before going back to the real hustle n bustle of work. I have been sipping on a decent 30g Protein Shake over ice for 2 hrs (almost done)!!