Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sheree, Congrats on your surgery date... I too know how u feel. I left LBT for almost 2 months cause I felt I wasn't liked. I posted on a particular thread and was always just ignored at least thats how I felt. Oh well, and the beat goes on..... Nice to know I'm not alone on these feelings. but WE SHALL OVERCOME!!:drum: Keep posting I'm back and gonna try again:p

Hello Sheree,

First congratulations on your surgery date. I wish you total success in your journey to your goal.

Your post motivated me to post a reply. This is the first time I've posted on this site.

I totally understand what you mean because I access another obesity website and post from time to time without receiving a response. I feel it's a sure bet that it isn't personal. Whichever site I've been on - 99% of the time people are supportive, informative and compassionate.

Since I really don't know how to navigate this site, I am going to try to find your previous posts and find out when your date is and go from there.

By the way, my date is June 6th. All my friends are asking me if I am nervous and I keep saying no, but for some reason a mini case of the nerves seem to be creeping up on me.

Hope to chat with you very soon.

Clarice

Sheree,

I know how you feel too.

I usually put my threads (if I have any) after midnight so you know what happens to them.

I look for threads without any response because been there done that.

Don't worry about being noticed for the wrong reason . No one and I mean no one is perfect except for Alex :clap2: that is providing this free site for us .

edie

Sheree & Clarice, just wanted to say welcome to LBT! Stick with us, don't be shy.

I have to admit, I'm guilty of going right to "New Posts" and depending on the evening I might only get thru a couple of pages before I have to sign off.

Also, if I don't have much time, I don't log-in - I just lurk (read) a few threads that will help inspire me for the time being. After 18 mo, I still need to know others are out there going thru the same thing.

Lately, I've tried to be better at welcoming those who post on the "Introduction" thread.

Don't be discouraged, hope to see you around the threads.

Karla

Sheree,

Good for you for speaking up and best of luck on your surgery. I have a feeling what happens sometimes is those of us who have been on this site for a while have tended to find a "click" if you will and we tend not to check the whole forum as regularly as we used to. I think this may explain some of why there doesn't seem to be a flood of longer term high success bandsters. They do exist though -- on the April 06 forum, there are at least 7 very active members who have achieved "overweight" status and are actively scratching our way to "normal." There are several others who are still clinically obese, but have lost serious lbs and are striving to lose more.

That said, I'll try to post more on the main threads as well. You remind us all that there are people looking for the kind of support we all needed earlier in this journey.

Best of luck to you!

You guys are great. I'm getting nervous getting closer to my June 6th date and could really use the support. My doctor requires a 2 week liquid diet so I'm miserable. I'm also trying to stock up on liquid and mushies for after the surgery, any recommendations would be appreciated.

You guys are great. I'm getting nervous getting closer to my June 6th date and could really use the support. My doctor requires a 2 week liquid diet so I'm miserable. I'm also trying to stock up on liquid and mushies for after the surgery, any recommendations would be appreciated.

The pre-op diet is the HARDEST part of the journey. Just remember that it's very short. 14 days and it's over. You WILL eat again and you will eat your favorite foods again. I don't think I believed that during the pre-op phase, which is why I had such a hard time with it. You can do it. You're doing your part to make sure you have a safe surgery and an easy recovery.

For post-op, just have some liquids on hand. Don't worry so much about the mushies -- you'll be out shopping well in advance of worrying about mushies. For liquids (subject to your doc's instructions), have some Tomato Soup, some grape juice, some clear Protein drinks. If you like Chinese food, egg drop or hot & sour Soup that's strained makes you feel like you're eating something. Don't worry too much about this. You're not going to be hungry post-op (at least for several days) and you've got plenty in storage to fuel your body, so as long as you stay hydrated, you have nothing to worry about.

Hey Sheree! congrats on your surgery date, and welcome to the board. its a HUGE board with a very diverse range of people, offering every knotch on the degree of philosophy belt you can imagine.

Gotta keep in mind how BIG this board is, and how MANY people there are on it.

Chicky, i totally disagree! on two points. 1) im one of your biggest fans and 2) my surgeons office is completely staffed with bandsters who are at or below goal, and yep, diet and excercise. I do agree with you that it seems that people can come up with any excuse not to excercise if they really dont want to, but how can, and who can offer real support if someone is sitting there with a whataburger crying about not losing weight if they wont go outside and do something? cant make people do nothin....

anyway,

Hey people.

Its nice to see you!

sheree! also....

re mushies and pureed. Im heading there myself after a band replacement three days ago (i had leak, dr caught it fastand surgery was a breeze) and im on liquids, have been for a week so far.

some suggestions?: Liquid stage: eas protien drinks from advantage are thinner than slim fast and contain a lot of protien, which will keep you from feeling horrible. Butterball chicken broth is the best one to me, tastes JUST like kentucky fried chicken. Full LIquids: liptons cream of chicken cup of Soup (instant) is light but thick and feels like heaven going down. Pureed and mushies...last time i had this part licked. I cooked chicken in broth, diced it and threw it in the blender with some seasonings (broth and all) and measured it out and froze the contaners so that i could reheat them in microwave. DId same thing with pork roast and mango chutney and pecans. Even tuna Helper, with double the tuna made the blender cut, divide and freeze and all of these things was heaven when i needed it. Got me through just fine and i never felt i couldnt make it. GOOD LUCK!!! (cup of soup also comes in broccoli and cheese)

Hey Sheree,

Congrats on your date! I was banded on 5/21 and there are quite a few of us who have a May Bandsters thread going. You can search for a June Bansters thread and probably find a bunch of wonderful people who are having surgery in June. It's great!!

I have been here since 2005, and at times I wonder if I am being ignored (But I realise it's my rather unpopular "you have to eat right and exercise, and not rely on restriction and starvation" opinion that gets me into trouble around here, that and having been at goal for some time. Once the struggle is over, it appears you are no longer one of the "team" and there is little room for you, your opinions, or advice. People only want to hear from someone who is where they are now, not people who have been there and done that. Blind leading the blind sorta thing.)

*Shurgs* Just jump in there, either you will find a clique, or, you will end up one of the fringe dwellers. Fringe dwelling is not so bad... I kind of enjoy it.

I certainly don't believe your not part of the team. I do think that your right in saying that people want to hear from others who are experiencing what they are experiencing now, but I've found your comments to be interesting and helpful. After all, I want to know what it's going to be like in the future. I have a long time to live with this band (I hope!) and once the newness of everything is gone, I want to know how living everyday life is!

My wife has felt the same way you do. And I told her that she probably just gets set aside cause no one knows her. She does not post much , she just reads alot. sort of like you it seems. but like I also told her if you want som one to comment on your post you can always post at rants and raves. And if you are a conservative like me. You will surely get a reply!

I had tried posting more...didn't work. I know you have to have a subject that others find interesting and I guess I got really discouraged when I announced I had my surgery date and nada. But I'm cool now, I've heard from several people that were also having a hard time fitting in and from some of the more well known people on the board and I'm extremely grateful and appreciative of them for taking the time. Most of what I learned about the band I learned on this site, so I am very glad I found this site.

How are you and your wife doing?