Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nausea vomiting and regret

I had duodenal switch surgery on Oct 24 I'm 4 weeks post op.. having major issues and complications still working with drs and imaging to see what's wrong with me. I can barely eat or have desire to because all the nausea and smells... can't keep much of anything down. oatmeal Jello tea Water are the main things that seem ok for me. My lactose intolerance is much worse than before surgery so that's a problem. I feel like I'm dying at times.. I got my period couple days ago and last night was in dying agony and pain throwing up every hour could barely sleep it was terrible. I've been to multiple drs and er no one that helpful. I take antiacids twice a day and nausea meds three times a day... waiting on an authorization for an upper gi series imaging it has taken two weeks with appts from one doc to another... I regret this surgery and I've lost 40lbs in one month started at 330 it's terrible!!!!

So sorry I will say a prayer for comfort and healing.

@@minniepearl1986 Sorry your going through all that it sounds miserable. I hope they find out what's wrong and fix it soon!

You poor thing! Did you have any health problems prior to surgery? I will keep you in my prayers!

Have you tried Lactaid skim milk, or lactose free Skim Plus? I'm extremely lactose intolerant, wad before surgery, but was not a milk lover and so just didn't bother with milk. Well, I'm simply unable to eat enough dense Protein at this phase so I use Lactaid slim milk. I'm able to tolerate it. No gas, intestinal pain or diarrhea! I also tried the Skim Plus, but went back to Lactaid because it had less calories and carbs, but Skim Plus does have more protein for the extra calories. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that as you begin to feel better your regret will go away. Best.

Sending prayers for a rapid recovery from these issues.

Thanks everyone I will try that milk in the future right now I'm so limited on what my body will let me eat.... my health problems before we're pcos.. high blood pressure vit d deficiency and insulin resistance... I can't wait until Tom I'm going to push for my imaging asap.. I'm hoping my regret will fade away but at this point I can't believe I did this to myself.... I'm trying to stay positive thanks for the encouragement has anyone else had this issue?

I'm so sorry you are suffering so severely and I hope your doctors can help you soon.

I did not have the duodenal switch, nor were my symptoms as severe as yours, but I can relate to feeling like you made a colossal mistake. I felt that way until about week 8. Then the nausea went away and the Constipation began to ease. Since then I have rarely gone a day without reflecting on how happy I am that I had WLS, and how grateful I am for my improved health.

@@minniepearl1986 - Good luck getting the imaging done today! I'm hoping this is figured out and you feel better very soon!

It's not looking good they want me to wait until next Tuesday and it's a stat request I've been back and forth for two weeks already and barely made it through the weekend without going to the er again. I called my friend at my primary doctor office and she's going to try to help I'm waiting to hear back trying to Just keep it together....

I pray things get better for you,

Thank you. Good news I fought all day today on the phone and I'm getting my imaging Tom morning so the prayers are working!! I saw my nurse practitioner tonight and with all the burping and vomiting and nausea she's concerned about my gallbladder.... either way it's in over drive since I lost 40lbs in one month... we will see how it goes with the test Tom I will post again when I know more!!