Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hey Gang

Just a quick stop in - it's almost 8 I am hungry and haven't eaten yet

Had gym after work then had to go rent Hamlet for Andrew didn't get home til 6:30 then got dinner started and talked to Debbie to she what she could afford hotel wise..

Parked my cars - on parking wars - Sorry Denise - I had to give you a ticket :0)...

Ms Pris - Karri is the only one of us Lucky # 7 that had plastic surgery so far.. I have looked into getting my arms dones - but insurance isn't going to cover my tummy or arms - I don't have rashes etc that you need for insurance to cover it "Medically nessecery"

Congrats on your weight lost you have done supper good !!!

Ok gang I am off for the night - I will talk to you all tomorrow

Good Morning Peeps...

How is everyone this morning -- It's going to be a beautiful day here in the desert - low 80's sunny maybe a little wind but they have been saying that for a week and I haven't seen any yet.. I hope it continues that way cuz I dislike the wind..

Just cking in - I see everyone was quite last nite...

Phyl - you haven't posted - what's up...

Car - Glad you had a good holiday...

Karri - How are you doing - when's your next visit with the counsler..

Ok I gotta get my butt in gear - and get some work done...

I will cbl..:laugh:

Good Morning Peeps...How is everyone this morning -- It's going to be a beautiful day here in the desert - low 80's sunny maybe a little wind but they have been saying that for a week and I haven't seen any yet.. I hope it continues that way cuz I dislike the wind..

Just cking in - I see everyone was quite last nite...

Phyl - you haven't posted - what's up...

Car - Glad you had a good holiday...

Karri - How are you doing - when's your next visit with the counsler..

Ok I gotta get my butt in gear - and get some work done...

I will cbl..:laugh:

I'm here.

Blahs caught up with me.

It's plenty windy out here!

Good morning ladies!

It may be sunny and warm in the desert but it's snowing again in the flatland! I can't believe how much snow we have. I am so excited to see it. It's been almost 10 years since we've had a winter like this. I LOVE it! However, it's supposed to drop back into the deep freeze this week and I HATE that. Snow is great, cold sucks! 20 degrees with 24 inches of snow is perfect!

I wish I was going to Vegas instead of going to work on these standards, but have fun for us. Maybe you will win a mint and you can foot the bill for a Caribean vacation for all of us! I'll be rooting for you.

Phyl, I'm sorry you have the blahs. They suck don't they? Maybe rent a good movie or something and cuddle in and laugh...or cry....depending on your tastes. Both would be good for you. At least both help me when I'm in the doldrums.

Karri, it sucks that you can't get online at school anymore. You really need to buddy up to the tech guys. Why they would block LBT is crazy. Just crazy. I'm waiting to hear how your therapy sessions go too. Let us know.

Car, my puppies are loving the snow. They get outside for about 3 minutes at a time but they run and jump and play. It's so cute. Chi Rho lost his pigear out there the other day. He flipped it up and it went flying and now it's lost til spring. It was so cute.

Okay...I'd better get to work. I have a ton of things to do before the end of today so I can go to Rose's tomorrow. Oh...did I tell you all that she rented a house out here? She'll be moving out here next week when I come home, staying until the beginning of March and then be flip flopping back and forth for the rest of the year. I'm so excited. She got her eyelift done this week so when her bruises are gone she has told me that I can post before and afters. She wouldn't let me before her eyelift. Silly woman.

Anyways....off to get some work done. Have a great day ladies!

I just spent an hour out snow blowing. Now it's snowing heavier than it has for 2 days. They say there snould be less than 1 inch so I'm sure it won't last for long. ... but I should have waited I guess. Oh well. It will give me something to do this evening.

I wanted to post this pic. It's of me and my neice from when I went to San Antonio. I have gained 10 since then but it's one of the first pictures I've taken of me that I can say, "I look good in that!" I love that idea. It's been so long!

post-227068-13813138049077_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone,

This afternoon is my backing-off-a-little-on-the-fill appointment with my surgeon. I'm just going to have itsy bits removed until I'm not PBing all the time. Without a fairly heavy duty band constriction I'm lost and I know it.

Did get up the courage to weigh myself this morning and I'm 0.8 lbs from goal of 140. Did I just jinx myself?

Steph - I'll send my brittanys out there to find that pig ear. Neither rain, nor snow, nor blah blah..could keep my dogs from a pig ear. Want to come down next weekend and do some pheasant hunting over dogs? The pups are primed and ready to go.

As to stinker spouses, I am of the opinion that men, on the whole, are extremely self centered prepubecent (sp?) boys (men are still from Mars). I love my husband, but he can be the biggest baby sometimes. I can just imagine what he would really like to say e.g when the sleeve of my heavy winter coat is touching his arm when we are driving...."You're touching me. Mommy she's touching me. Make her stop!"....or "I'll do it if I want. Screw your opinion!" Ladies, How about a chorus of "Eat rocks and die"!

As to self inflicted (?) fills, I'm sure that medical grade saline can't be all that difficult to get hold of. If all else fails, we can use the sterile saline packaged up for eye use. Although the idea of using gin (with tonic and lime of course) or another suitable substitute for fills would be a gas, I don't think that I would get the optimum benefits of the solution. Now, maybe if I imbibed one prior to the fill..... I think we have to work on the sterilization of the needles, though. Bet we could get disposibles from a vet supply house.

Northerners - It is supposed to be in the 50s today and tomorrow, but unfortunately that always seems to come with the winds. I'll take cold over wind any time. Can we say "wind turbines"?

Desert Dwellers - This is certainly your best time of year. If I remember correctly, you even have flowers blooming outside. What a novel concept.

Well, work calls. Only 3 more hours until the de-fill.

Later....:laugh:

I wanted to post this pic. It's of me and my neice from when I went to San Antonio. I have gained 10 since then but it's one of the first pictures I've taken of me that I can say, "I look good in that!" I love that idea. It's been so long!

Steph, you look wonderful! You and your niece definitely inherited the same pretty genes and bone structure.

I would love to see a study on the effects of winds on mood. I usually feel like someone is running their nails down a slate blackboard (you know, one of those things in a class room which used chalk? -- tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Hey Steph,

You're my mentor! Where you go, I go! Can we work on dropping those final pounds together? How about a morning support call or email? There's always Web cam...oooh, bad idea. We seem to have the exact same challenges. :laugh:

Greetings Everyone:

I have been so very busy that I haven't had the opportunity to write, though I have come on and read everyone's posts. - Not all, just the last two pages or so everytime I come on.

I had a rough November, so I'm kind of glad the New Year has been ushered in. And in CT, it's been "stormed in with snow."

Anyway - I do have a question I was hoping someone could answer. Because I had the gastric bypass, I have now developed a hernia. So, because I need to have the hernia repaired, my surgeon informed me the insurance would pay for plastic surgery on my stomach. I'm assuming a Tummy Tuck.

My appointment with the Plastic Surgeon is next Monday the 19th, and I am so excited to go.

For those of you who have had plastic surgery, how long was the recupperation and has anyone posted any before and after pictures anywhere, and could you tell me where they are?

I promise that I will post, my before and after pix, after my upcoming surgery.

Thanks a million in advance for responding.

Priscilla in CT.

Hi Priscilla,

To update your weight tracking graphic, put your mouse over the image and click or double click. That should take you directly into the application. Then, all you'll need is your old password. Good luck.

I would love to see a study on the effects of winds on mood. I usually feel like someone is running their nails down a slate blackboard (you know, one of those things in a class room which used chalk? -- tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Wind has the opposite effect on me. I love it! I love it whipping my hair about, stealing my breath, bending over trees and even the late night winds that howl and shake the window panes. Even when they remind me of banshees and make me quail a bit under the covers, I embrace the uneasiness and fear. Wind makes me positively giddy!

Wait, now that I've reread your post, was this some sort of sarcasm? Oh well, I still want to share my feelings on wind. :laugh:

Edited by Donna113

Wind has the opposite effect on me. I love it! I love it whipping my hair about, stealing my breath, bending over trees and even the late night winds that howl and shake the window panes. Even when they remind me of banshees and make me quail a bit under the covers, I embrace the uneasiness and fear. Wind makes me positively giddy!

Wait, now that I've reread your post, was this some sort of sarcasm? Oh well, I still want to share my feelings on wind. :laugh:

I'm into zephyrs. I like hearing the sheets knocking against the masts of sailboats while they are berthed. I like the wind during rain storms, while I'm safe inside. BUT 100 mph winds (without other weather) are just a little over the top. It is quite usual for us to have breezes that go from 40 - 125 mphs. These winds snap the tops off of trees, blow in windows and shake even 1 story houses. We are required to have hurricane clips on our roofs, if that gives you a feeling for what our winds are like. My skin crawls even thinking about them.

You are a better woman than I.

Hey Steph,

You're my mentor! Where you go, I go! Can we work on dropping those final pounds together? How about a morning support call or email? There's always Web cam...oooh, bad idea. We seem to have the exact same challenges. :laugh:

Since the morning seems to be my breaking point, that might not be a bad idea. It seems if I can get through the morning without indulging I'm pretty good the rest of the day. If I flake out in the morning I seem to be sunk. I watched Ally on QVC when she was doing Biggest Loser sales and she said, "Every choice you make is another chance to choose you. So you screwed up Breakfast, lunch is another chance to make the choice that you are worth it." I wish I could live that!

Tell you what, why don't we both look for healthy living life tips on the net and post them every morning to each other. Either PM or here. And we can add our own little tidbits of how we are going to work the tips. If we don't hear from each other by noon it might be a needed follow through. What do you think?

Holy crap! Apparently I have missed way too much! I can't catch up!!! Help...I've fallen and I can't get up...Oh wait...wrong commercial!

Therapy is going good. One of the things that we are working on is how to nurture my 9 year old and 16 year old that are "within" me. No...not multiple personalities, but the ages that I feel when certain things happen. When I feel like I don't have enough of something (food, money, love, etc.) it is becuse I didn't have enough of those things when I was 9. My mom (for those of you who don't know) was f(@$#ing crazy. As a result I had to take care of the whole household and everything that I did felt like it was a life or death situation because in reality it was for a 9 year old. There has always been a part of me that feels like I am 9. So we are working on how to recognize whether I the feelings that am I having or the actions that I am taking are based on my 29 year old self or my 9 year old self. It has been a very interesting time thinking and working on this. I am not making much progress right now but I have just started so I have faith that I will.

SO I do have some good news. I know...we always seem to be moving but it looks like we are moving AGAIN, but this time to Las Vegas. Yep...back to the Vegas. It will be after this school year, but you all know that I HATE HATE HATE the community that we live in. It is way too small, way too cold, and I don't like the people. I applied to the Clark County School District on Thursday of last week, by Friday they had contacted my supervisors at my current school, and by Saturday night had requested an interview time. I talked to my former roomate who still lives there and she forwarded my resume to her principal who said to contact him as soon as I had completed my interview. So it looks as it definetly could be an option for me. It will give my DH more opportunities to find a job when he finishes with his teaching degree also. There is no way in the tight teaching market here that we would both end up with a job in the same district or close districts. While I am a little apprehensive moving back to Vegas I am in a much different situation this time. I know people, I am married, I am not in a BAD relationship, and my crazy ass mother isn't trying to run my life from 1700 miles away. Also...i will only live 4 hours from my MOMMY!!!!!! Janet...we can visit when we want!!!!!!! So everyone needs to keep their fingers crossed that I can get a job and get the hell out of here!

Well I have been stellar when it comes to exercise. Food...well we are doing better...but exercise...I have been running every night. I am in a challenge with some other LBT'ers and since I have lost the last 3 I REFUSE to lose this one so I have had some serious motivation.

Guess dinner is ready and then after resting my tummy for a bit I am off to do my 5 miles tonight.

Chat later,

Karri