Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hello Everyone! I just got a call today from the Dr's office and I will be BANDED on Monday July 23!!!!! I was not excepting a surgery date so soon so I am on HAPPY!! So now I am a LUCKY # 7 Person!!!

I started my journey in Oct of 07, to only find out that my husband insurance did not cover ANY weight loss surgery. So I waited till 07 and joined my ins, So here I am 6 days out to surgery date: and get this, my husband ins was the first to approve the surgery so now what ever my ins. doesn't pay his will pick up the rest!!! (guess they figured it is cheaper in the long run to pay for the surgery instead of either medical problems related to obesity.) This web site has been so very helpful.

So my advise to anyone who's ins. turned them down last try again, the worst thing they can say is no but they can also surprise you and has changed their policy. I just gave them my husband ins card hoping they would pay for the dr. visit or a little of some thing, I never thought I would get this kind of BLESSING!!!!!

OK, OK I'm done rumbling, I'm just so Geeked!!!!

Dini, yes I loved my walk. The best 45 minutes to myself I can imagine having. I was going for an hour, but my miusic had me walking so fast, I did my route and got home quicker. Gota love that.

Has your day been better? Did you see the polls yet?? How is Annafransesca. I think I spell her name different every time I type it. I'm trying very hard to get it right. I'll have to write it down next time you talk about her so I can get it right next time.

Felicia, don't question the no hunger girl, just pray it never goes away.

18mts, by Dr. orders, I'm only allowed 4 ozs. at a meal, and I'm to take 1/2 hour to eat it/drink it. I did try some mushy things, just to see. It went down fine, but then I thought if something did happen how would I explain things to my doc. Don't forget you may gain weight after surgeries from gas, pain meds. etc. It's normal. You'll be fine.

Laurend, my first fill is on July 31, 4 weeks post op. I know things will be totally different then. I just can't wait for these mushys tomorrow, well, I cheated and started tonight, but I am 2 weeks post op, and if I did have trouble, then I could let him know tomorrow when I go. But my home made mashed potatoes tonight were like dining at a 5 star restaurant!!!!

Watching Big Medicine right now and there's another LapBand patient on. I'm so excited! It's a 16-year old boy.

Hello Everyone! I just got a call today from the Dr's office and I will be BANDED on Monday July 23!!!!! I was not excepting a surgery date so soon so I am on HAPPY!! So now I am a LUCKY # 7 Person!!!

I started my journey in Oct of 07, to only find out that my husband insurance did not cover ANY weight loss surgery. So I waited till 07 and joined my ins, So here I am 6 days out to surgery date: and get this, my husband ins was the first to approve the surgery so now what ever my ins. doesn't pay his will pick up the rest!!! (guess they figured it is cheaper in the long run to pay for the surgery instead of either medical problems related to obesity.) This web site has been so very helpful.

So my advise to anyone who's ins. turned them down last try again, the worst thing they can say is no but they can also surprise you and has changed their policy. I just gave them my husband ins card hoping they would pay for the dr. visit or a little of some thing, I never thought I would get this kind of BLESSING!!!!!

OK, OK I'm done rumbling, I'm just so Geeked!!!!

Welcome Lady QT! Congratulations on your date. We will add you to our Lucky 7s calendar!!! Jump on in. We're a loving group.

HI Lauren;

two of my steri stips came off today too, I plastic coated my stomach to have a shower ` but it was to no avail...

the rest stayed pretty dry but their edges are curling up too and looking mighty grimey.. oh well... bruising is not too bad escept at my port site too.

A purple circle about the size of a baseball. I got a bikini port. not what I had expected but I'm happy none the less. As I hear that a lot of folks get them MOVED later on in a second proceedure.

My weightloss so far is 13 lbs. so I'm now 186 as of this a.m.

Take care!

Way to go Peaches, you've lost 13 lbs in less than a week. Excellent.

Did you ask Dr. Yau for a bikini port? Or was it his decision?

Hello again Kathybad.

Sorry guys, but I'm heading out for bed.

Here's to the 7/17 Bandsters tomorrow. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you have a speedy recovery, minimal pain, and come back to see us when you feel up to it. We'd love to hear about your experiences!!!

G'nite all.

Lynette enjoy your walk!! i'm having fun designing these tops!!

Peaches your doing superb 186 oh la la!

Danny & Forgvg70x7 your both doing amazing on your weight loss, wish i was upp there with you. hopefully with a fill i'l get a kick start!

DMTJET, thank you so much for sharing your story. I was in tears. anything like that breaks my heart. its is so awful what happened. People can be evil and not understand now had the words have consequences i'm talking more so for his new wife. I'll Try take some Pic of your little granddaughter tomorrow and post them i might even take one of me!!!

everytime i eat my back hurts does this happen to anyone. well its getting really really sore so tomorrow i'm going to call the Nurse. Thats not on! I think i lost another 1lb but i couldn't really tell for sure. my mom's scales doesn't actually have a screan for lbs cos over here its done in stones. at the minute i'm 13 stone 6 or 7 lbs i think!

i had the most lovely pinapple today ah i loved it. yummy!!!!!

Is Sunshine around?

Chinboree how you doing girl!!!

Dini, please do post pics of my little beautiful granddaughter, and of course, I do need to see my daughter!!!!

Great for you losing more weight!! You are determined and you will do it!!!:)

Lynette and Chimboree, My cyber sisters ... great job with the polls and cruise options!!!! Nicely done! I'm impressed you figured that all out! Isn't it funny how you can look at something every day and not see what is right in front of you????? I do that all the time!!!! I still have no idea how you did it, but it is great that you did, lol!:)

Felicia, Wow, Girl, you are really doing well! Today is one week for me and this is the first day that I didn't have any shoulder pain and very little discomfort other than the bloated belly syndrome!

Joann, Nice amount of weight loss! Keep it up! I have tried canned chicken this evening, mixed with egg salad, and mayo. Went down fine!!! I don't think I am to have that until next week, but I didn't have a problem. I actually didn't realize I shouldn't have had it, I read the wrong list, oops!!!!

hey Sheelagh,

how you doing sweety! sorry i wasn't around earlier i was working and we were very busy.

so you were saying your the Doctor gave you no instructions??

All i was told was not to eat after midnight the day b4 the surgery. by eating i mean nothing in your mouth. no Water nothing. I didn't even brush my teeth that morning but maybe that was going a little too far!

when you get there they'll tell you to wash with the soap they have in the despencer in the shower. they have towels. then they give you suppositories, i bet you the nurse will say 'Do you want to go to the toilet to put them in' which means do it yourself. That wasn't a problem for me but i know 2 girls that said i dont think so i paid 10k for this you can put them in!!!there wasn't a problem with it at all. i was 1st getting opp'd on so i had no waiting at all. i was to be there at 7.45 if thats your time you'll be first.

i was quite weak after and callosped in the toilet i think i told you the whole story... but as i said b4 out of 6 i waas the only one with terrible pain.

one but of advice is with the nurses be straight and firm with them, after what the nurses did to me i was not happy at all to this day when i think of them pushing me down i get a shivver and think i can't breath. if your uncomfortable tell them its there job to help you.

sorry to have made it long winded anything else let me know and please call me if you want.

please excuse the spelling!

Dini, fill me in! What did the nurses do to you???? Where did you have your surgery??? Sorry about your back, Girl! Mine has bothered me a little, kind of stiff and sore. Can't wait til I can see the chiropractor, but I am sure I will have to wait at least 6 weeks for that!

I loved this post - I think I'm "nesting" as well - feel like I did before I had my daughter! :)

Very Cool! Hopefully we will make it through this with less pain than child birth!

Good Morning All,

dieka32 - OMG Wow! Glad your feeling better.

ReneeMarie- I'm also nesting. I actually mopped the whole downstairs yesterday, and I don't mop!!!!!

Come on over and do mine when your done! I hate doing floors!

WOW, lots going on in the last 17 hours since I've posted. See what I miss when I go out!!!!

Had a great time fishing. Only caught 1 all evening, about a 2-3 pd catfish. My DH had left to go get some training pants for my son (we had forgot his backpack of pullups and a change of clothes), and don't you know I caught it on his pole, when he was gone, and his real broke in my hand and I had to pull the fish in by the line. Good thing it wasn't bigger than it was.

I'm not a big catfish fan but my DH's whole family noodles(catch with hands) Watch OKIE Noodling to see some really big catfish. I'm not going to tell you which ones are from my family cause than you'll all really think I'm a hick LOL!

ReneeMarie, am I correst that you posted you drink 3 to 4 32 oz cups of Water a day? This is 96 to 128 ozs of water a day, correct. I'd make sure this is ok by your Dr. I've known someone to actually have water poisoning from TOO much, kind of like alcohol poisoning. But I believe you are just like me, because I used to do this too, until this happened, and I cut back to 80, 90 at the most per day.

My doctor told me to divide my weight in 1/2 and drink that many oz. of water a day. And yes I pee alot!

And to all the Biker Babes out there, Rock On for me. Used to be a "YAMA-MAMA myself, as my ex and I had a '95 Yamaha YZF 650 ( sport bike, known as crotch rocket) back in the day, and then he was hit on it, 8 months after we were married. A 76 year old lady was pulling out of a convenient store and didn't see him, or the big yellow school bus driving right next to him. He hit her fender, flew about 40 feet and hit pavement on the left side of his head, no helmet. Ended up in ICU for 6 days, and in all was in the hospital for 2 weeks, and had to undergo Occupational, Speech, and Physical therapy for months. Our main witness to the accident was a retired cop and said if he had his helmet on, the way the sport helmets start higher towards the back of the neck and come down farther towards the front, he would of broke his neck instantly, and died on the scene.

It was a long, drawn out battle, and in the end we were awarded $170,000, but after having filed bankruptcy because of unpaid hospital bills, most of the money went to the bankruptcy paying off the debts we filed against. He was never the same man, and 6 years later it was time to move on.

So Biking is not at the top of my list of things today, but because you can be as careful as you want to be out there, but it's always other drivers who are not as careful, and these are the ones who scare me.

So, drive as safe as you can, and watch out for all the others who don't watch out for you.

I'm sorry your XDH had such a bad wreck. Thinks like that are what got me involved in teaching motocycle safety classes. Everybody should take one every couple of years just to refresh their skills.

Good luck to all the lucky 7's being banded this week, hope all that had it done to day are doing well.

I've been reading for what feels like hours. Need to get back to work. I will have to check back in sooner to keep up with you all!

Hello everyone. Just wanted to give you all an update and wish everyone up for banding tomorrow good luck and hope to have a speedy recovery.

I got a hold of the docs office today. They told me that they called it in Saturday to the pharmacy. I WAS MAD!!! :) It would have been nice if someone would have let me know so I could have started the antibiotic Saturday instead of Monday when the symptoms were worse.

Anyway, went and picked it up the am as soon as they opened and took the first days right away. I have done about everything that I can with hopes this will be gone by next Monday morning. I am positive it is sinus infection. I went and bought a nasal labauge (sp?) and done that 2 times today and that really did seem to help. I can at least breath through my nose again. I am hoping when I go for my pre op physical with my PCP this week it will be gone. Wish me luck.

jackie, best of luck! Can't believe the doctor's office didn't let you know they ordered it, but they do that sometimes! Still, not fun and you had to suffer through all weekend, not to mention worrying about being okay for surgery! You poor thing, you will rest tonight!!!! Wishing you are better very soon!