Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi guys! I never seem to have time to get online these days, and it's frustrating as anything, mostly because I always seem to have 20+ pages to read to catch up.

Anyway, I'm coming up on 2 weeks post-op (as of tomorrow), and I feel WONDERFUL. I haven't had any pain at all for the last couple of days (except if I stretch too much or try to pick up something I shouldn't). I've even been able to sleep on my stomach.

I've made the transition to completely solid foods, but I'm still wary about trying things, especially if they look too tough or too dry. I had one pretty scary moment when I tried a plain hamburger patty that was apparently too dry and started having esophageal spasms because it didn't want to go down. So everyone out there, make sure your food is well-chewed and moist, 'cause it really doesn't feel good if it isn't! I am still amazed at how little I eat when I compare it to the amounts I used to eat, although it isn't as little as a lot of you post about. Apparently, I didn't have much fat around my stomach, so my surgeon said I won't have much restriction until my first fill. Although, I'm still eating far less than I used to, so I'm still happy!

Someone posted about the little steri-strip things that the surgeons put over the wounds. The edges of mine are curling, but I've only lost two of them in two weeks. I do have some pretty spectacular bruising, though, especially around my port incision.

We are so glad to hear from you!!! And you're doing so well. It seems everyone in our group is doing great!!! Wow. You're already 2 weeks out and I haven't even been banded, yet. But I'm getting close! We have certainly missed you!

HI Lauren;

two of my steri stips came off today too, I plastic coated my stomach to have a shower ` but it was to no avail...

the rest stayed pretty dry but their edges are curling up too and looking mighty grimey.. oh well... bruising is not too bad escept at my port site too.

A purple circle about the size of a baseball. I got a bikini port. not what I had expected but I'm happy none the less. As I hear that a lot of folks get them MOVED later on in a second proceedure.

My weightloss so far is 13 lbs. so I'm now 186 as of this a.m.

Take care!

:update:

All, here's the updated calendar. Please let me know if s'thing needs to be corrected. I left my calendar at home (w/all my notes), so don't stone me if I missed s'thing.

Thank you so much!

Ya'll are GREAT!!!!

July 2007 Bandsters.doc

... I got a bikini port. not what I had expected but I'm happy none the less. As I hear that a lot of folks get them MOVED later on in a second proceedure.

My weightloss so far is 13 lbs. so I'm now 186 as of this a.m.

Take care!

Congrats on your wt loss so far!!! You've gotta love it. :clap2: Is a bikini port the same as a low-profile port?

Thanks Chim for the new calendar.

Laurend, I finally get to start mushys tomorrow, nothing to your Solids. Good to hear you're doing well with it for the most part. When will you get your 1st fill?

Lynette enjoy your walk!! i'm having fun designing these tops!!

Peaches your doing superb 186 oh la la!

Danny & Forgvg70x7 your both doing amazing on your weight loss, wish i was upp there with you. hopefully with a fill i'l get a kick start!

DMTJET, thank you so much for sharing your story. I was in tears. anything like that breaks my heart. its is so awful what happened. People can be evil and not understand now had the words have consequences i'm talking more so for his new wife. I'll Try take some Pic of your little granddaughter tomorrow and post them i might even take one of me!!!

everytime i eat my back hurts does this happen to anyone. well its getting really really sore so tomorrow i'm going to call the Nurse. Thats not on! I think i lost another 1lb but i couldn't really tell for sure. my mom's scales doesn't actually have a screan for lbs cos over here its done in stones. at the minute i'm 13 stone 6 or 7 lbs i think!

i had the most lovely pinapple today ah i loved it. yummy!!!!!

Is Sunshine around?

Chinboree how you doing girl!!!

I'm so happy to hear that other's had bruisin, not you bruised but that it seems normal :nervous. I'm almost one week into this and I feel really good. I'd love some insight on the eating thing...

1. Since I'm only having liquids, I can take in at least 12 oz within a few minutes. Of course I feel full but is that wrong or dangerous?

2. Did anyone try eating food other than liquids in the first week or two? I had a few crackers and seemed okay. I won't continue that because it there's any time to follow orders it's now.

3. Weightloss... I lost 10 lbs the week I was on medi-fast, etc. but post-op I haven't lost any weight. This is what frustrated me in the past and I don't want that to "rule" my head now.

thanks so much in advance for any input you'd like to share.

Hey everybody... I'm 5 days post-op and I feel sooo much better. The first few days I think I was still high:rolleyes:, the wonderful nurses at the hospital had no problem dosing me up with morphine, gotta love em..... but heavens to betsy, THESE GAS PAINS:eek: are a major killer. The gas-x strips did not work, now I have Phazyme pills and they work a lot better. I've been walking around, a couple blocks up and down the street to get things moving. Once goos thing since the beginning of my journey until now I've lost 20lbs half of that was the pre-op diet., wooo-hooo:clap2:, although you can't tell it by my stomach, it's looks like I'm about to have a baby.

One question, should I be hungry? I have no appetite at all, is that strange? I was thinking I should enjoy it while it lasts, because it'll probably come back with a vengence.

Well just thought I'd let you guys know what was going on. Talk to you later.

Felicia,

I had my surgery a week ago, and last night was the first night I actually felt hungry. It was after I had taken a 45 min walk. I called my dietitian this morning and said that my feeling of hunger was normal for this stage in the game. He said it's a good indication that my stomach is healing and that the swelling is going down!! :)

I hope this helps,

~Nichole

Laurend, I finally get to start mushys tomorrow, nothing to your Solids. Good to hear you're doing well with it for the most part. When will you get your 1st fill?
My surgeon said that she usually give first fills at around 6 weeks post-op, but that she would probably do mine a little earlier, since I will be starting my classes again right around that time. Since it's a two day trip when I go to see her (since it's a 6 hour drive one-way, I usually drive down one day and drive back the next), she'll probably schedule my first fill during the second week of August or so.

2. Did anyone try eating food other than liquids in the first week or two? I had a few crackers and seemed okay. I won't continue that because it there's any time to follow orders it's now.

I was on mushy food before I left the hospital, so it won't hurt you. Do what your surgeon wants you to do, though, since that's always the best policy, especially if something should go wrong. You always want to be able to say, "I was following the doctor's orders."

hey Sheelagh,

how you doing sweety! sorry i wasn't around earlier i was working and we were very busy.

so you were saying your the Doctor gave you no instructions??

All i was told was not to eat after midnight the day b4 the surgery. by eating i mean nothing in your mouth. no Water nothing. I didn't even brush my teeth that morning but maybe that was going a little too far!

when you get there they'll tell you to wash with the soap they have in the despencer in the shower. they have towels. then they give you suppositories, i bet you the nurse will say 'Do you want to go to the toilet to put them in' which means do it yourself. That wasn't a problem for me but i know 2 girls that said i dont think so i paid 10k for this you can put them in!!!there wasn't a problem with it at all. i was 1st getting opp'd on so i had no waiting at all. i was to be there at 7.45 if thats your time you'll be first.

i was quite weak after and callosped in the toilet i think i told you the whole story... but as i said b4 out of 6 i waas the only one with terrible pain.

one but of advice is with the nurses be straight and firm with them, after what the nurses did to me i was not happy at all to this day when i think of them pushing me down i get a shivver and think i can't breath. if your uncomfortable tell them its there job to help you.

sorry to have made it long winded anything else let me know and please call me if you want.

please excuse the spelling!

I'm so happy to hear that other's had bruisin, not you bruised but that it seems normal :nervous. I'm almost one week into this and I feel really good. I'd love some insight on the eating thing...

1. Since I'm only having liquids, I can take in at least 12 oz within a few minutes. Of course I feel full but is that wrong or dangerous?

3. Weightloss... I lost 10 lbs the week I was on medi-fast, etc. but post-op I haven't lost any weight. This is what frustrated me in the past and I don't want that to "rule" my head now.

thanks so much in advance for any input you'd like to share.

18monthstoknow: I too have been a little concerned that I can drink so much at one time but I think we would know if it was too much. I had to have my band revised the day after my initial surgery because it was too tight and when I drank just a ounce or two I got this awful chest pain and pressure. So now with the right size band I can drink without feeling that sensation but still try to go somewhat slow and trust what I'm feeling. I think that is the most important thing. Also, don't worry about the weight loss (or lack of) but at this point the most important part is to heal and get in the rhythm of eating appropriately. The weight will come off, don't worry! Make sure you excercise and what else could be asked of you? You're doing great!

night night all. can't keep my eyes opened. best of luck to everyone tomorrow x