Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Lynette,

I never thought about getting a medical alert Bracelet, what a good idea, I think I will order me one.....once again thanks for all the great ideas.

I am getting really exited about the cruise, if we go to Mexico Hurricane season is from June to November, I have cruised in october and it was absolutely awesome.

Thanks Jeanie!! It's been awesome so far, but I also know that the weight loss will level off here soon as I start eating again. I think I'm going to make my hubby hide the scale too because I keep weighing myself every morning.

Christy, I'll have to hand off the thanks to chimboree on the Bracelet idea. She told us about it first, and after checking it out, I thought is was a good idea. It even stated on the web sites that is should be a medically necessary item for bariatric patients. I absolutely love mine.

I paid an extra 12 to get is shipped in 2 days. Had to have it, or shall I say wanted it right away.

dmtjet, I think my Dr. will be excited for me tomorrow. I hope I'm at that -15 lb. mark in the morning. Going to take a walk later to help me get there. I remember him saying most paitents lose between 15 and 25 lbs. by their 4 week post op appointment, and it would feel great knowing I accomplished it in 2 weeks!!

Nicole, I hear you on the hiding the scale idea. Isn't it great to see it going the other way for once. I can't stay off mine, but I think after tomorrow I'm going to have to get rid of mine. Hopefully out of sight, out of mind!!!

Congrats on the loss so far. You're doing great!!

Dancing, IndioGirl, Replicator, Gladstr, Reconciler, and LaNalga...ya'll are up for tomorrow!!! Let us know how you're feeling!

Lynette, I'm looking up how to set up a poll. Give me a few minutes.

TADA!!!

You may notice that some threads on this forum also include a section where you can vote on an issue or question. These threads are called 'polls' and this is how to create them:

Creating a new poll

When you post a new thread, you may have the option to also create a poll.

This function allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.

An example poll might be:

What is your favorite color?

1. Red

2. Blue

3. Yellow

4. Green

5. Sky-blue pink with yellow spots

To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes! post a poll' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.

When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it only stays open for voting for a week.

Voting in and viewing a poll

To vote in a poll, simply select which option you want to vote for, and click the [Vote!] button. You may view the current results for a poll before you vote by clicking the 'View Results' link. Voting in a poll is entirely optional. You may vote for any of the available options, or cast no vote at all.

Generally, once you have voted in a poll, you will not be able to change your vote later, so place your vote carefully!

Thanks Chimboree. I'll go to work on this now. I was just checking to see if anyone answered my posts, and no one had. Perfect, now lets see if i can get it set up. Be back in a bit!!!

RAINER:

If you are hungry, angry, lonley or tired.... that will definetly set you up for problems.

I suggest you add a scoop of protien powder(unflavored) to your Broth's or cream Soups.... it adds a bit of substance and increases your PROTIEN which is very important to satiety and good nutrician.

Today I ate: Straw/Ban flav. Prot. drink + I added a tsp of Flax Seed OIL (breakfast)

Lunch: Another shake, skim milk + 1 tsp Flax Seed Oil

Dinner: I made Cream of Broccoli/cheese Soup, + I added 1 scoop of Unflavored Protien powder to it.... OMG it was to die for and I felt very satisfied on 1 cup.

Chimboree, I did it. Check it out. I couldn't remembe all the destinations so I listed an other option. Yes, I'm so happy you found that, but where oh where did you find that outF I've never seen that post poll at the bottom.

*******Attention Lucky 7's*******

I've just posted 2 polls for the Lucky 7 Cruise next year.:clap2: Please, if you plan to go cruisin with us, go to the polls and vote.

One poll is for where you want to Cruise to, and the other is if you plan to bring your spouse/partner with you.

I tried to leave the polls open for a while, but for some reason it looks like the polls will close tomorrow:omg:. If you do not get to post on the poll, please PM me and let me know your answers.

Thanks!

Chimboree, I did it. Check it out. I couldn't remembe all the destinations so I listed an other option. Yes, I'm so happy you found that, but where oh where did you find that outF I've never seen that post poll at the bottom.

I did a search on polls and that instruction guide came up. I never noticed that post poll option at the bottom, either. We learn s'thing new everyday, huh?

Thanks for setting up those polls. I already voted on both.

Trystelle, how are you doing??? Hope all went well for you. Drop in as soon as you get a chance!

Hi guys! I never seem to have time to get online these days, and it's frustrating as anything, mostly because I always seem to have 20+ pages to read to catch up.

Anyway, I'm coming up on 2 weeks post-op (as of tomorrow), and I feel WONDERFUL. I haven't had any pain at all for the last couple of days (except if I stretch too much or try to pick up something I shouldn't). I've even been able to sleep on my stomach.

I've made the transition to completely solid foods, but I'm still wary about trying things, especially if they look too tough or too dry. I had one pretty scary moment when I tried a plain hamburger patty that was apparently too dry and started having esophageal spasms because it didn't want to go down. So everyone out there, make sure your food is well-chewed and moist, 'cause it really doesn't feel good if it isn't! I am still amazed at how little I eat when I compare it to the amounts I used to eat, although it isn't as little as a lot of you post about. Apparently, I didn't have much fat around my stomach, so my surgeon said I won't have much restriction until my first fill. Although, I'm still eating far less than I used to, so I'm still happy!

Someone posted about the little steri-strip things that the surgeons put over the wounds. The edges of mine are curling, but I've only lost two of them in two weeks. I do have some pretty spectacular bruising, though, especially around my port incision.