Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Going to the Chapel and we're gonna get married

KARRI & DH

36_4_28.gif

HAPPY WEDDING DAY

----------------------------------------------------------

Phyl - Ya petiete really aren't petiete :redface:

I alway just order a cheese enchillada -when you order stuff like shrimp and crab in the -they charge you $$$ but put fake stuff in it - plus I like my seafoad to taste like seafood and not covered in chili :sad:

I use to sleep my weekends away - would get up read the paper eat - go back to sleep - get up eat go back to sleep - wake up around 6 p.m - watch tv read eat and be back to sleep 10 or 11..

Plus my little Angel wakes me up to go potty (they sleep with me :frown:) and some times I go back to bed on a Sunday and sleep til 8 - but on Saturdays - I have things to do - want to get to the gym - shopping etc - gotta get up and moving:lol:

I guess I have just had enought sleep - as the saying goes I will sleep when I die - heck like right now I should be taking a nap - cuz I am going out tonite - but I'm not sleepy tired - my left leg is bugging me - like i have a kink in it - so in a bit i will get up shower and dress for the concert...

My Bro is a little off too many drugs

I know he loves me - all we have is each other - don't get me wrong - I love my big sis just as if we were full blooded don't think of her as half - but my bro & I are the only ones left from my mom & dad's marraige

Steph - do you have any antibotic's in the house - it you do take them for your tooth ache - a tooth ache is caused by infection - the antibiotics kills the infection - thus kills the pain - I have the worlds greatest dentist - I didn't beleive him at first - but it does work - so if I get a toothach he gives me both pain meds & antibiotics...

Kari

Burn - when you exert your muscles and they burn - do a plea" (sp) or a squat - hold it until you feel your thigh muscles burn - that the burn I am talking about.

Ok gang - I am off to the couch and t.v and to eat something - cuz I am going to have a couple liquid refreshments tonite - and dont want to pull a Jackie :tt1:

So better get some food in my tummy..

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Hello!

I haven't posted in a VERY long time, but it is so nice to see all the weight the Lucky 7's are loosing! Congratulations everyone!:tt1:

Okay girls I am back but I have been having one Hell of a trip. We got back from Hawaii and could not keep anything down. So To the doctor I called. I have not had a fill since nov. Well anyway after fighting for nutrion on liquids had to have the band unfilled and studies done. Everything looks good but they will not fill my band back for one month. That is going to be hard because I can eat again. It is only mental i am not hungry just old habit.

Anyway I am done venting. Glad to still see all you guys here.

beth

Unfortunately dinner went down real easy. Small slice of meat loaf and garlic mashed potatoes (no gravy)Small bites and chew chew chew. Ended up having three spoonfuls of potatoes. I haven't had any in forever and a day. Man, they were good.

Steph - Ruby had an excellent idea about subbing. When you do go back, maybe you could consider job sharing. Work half time.

Janet - that's what I though you meant by burn. I can do that. By the way, have fun tonight but don't get blitzed. Well, too blitzed anyhow.

Beth - that has to be the pits, getting unfilled, but you've done great so far. Just pretend you still have fill.

Phyll - My very first super PB was after eating a Sammy at Quiznos. Slimed for over half an hour. Won't go back there again. And I wasn't impressed with them. Now, I love the Olga sandwiches. Those are worth pb'ing over.

NSV - sleep machine has been seriously bothering my sinuses so I quit using it. I don't think I've been snoring. My throat isn't raw and no one has heard me.

So... what's an "OLGA"? Where do you get one?? I do love the Panera bread sandwiches... usually get 1/2 w/soup. Thought the Sierra Turkey was a good choice... until I bought the book, "Eat This, Not That"!! Now I have to find something healthier!!

Hmmmm....maybe I can get off my CPAP, too! That would be nice.

I was drinking a lot of Lipton Raspberry flavored ice tea. My husband asked if he could have one since I always seemed to be guzzling them down (he's good like that when he thinks something is for ME). Well it turns out that it has high fructose corn Syrup in it, which was a big "NO!NO!NO!" ingredient when I was pushing close to diabetes. I thought I'd read the label on it, but I can't have had my glasses with me that day. I avoid anything with high fructose corn syrup like the plague as it sets off my hunger. :lol: So this is probably the main culprit, although maybe not the only one. Still, fight one battle at a time.

I'm going to make a more conscious effort with my Water. I was substituting the tea for water and obviously it wasn't working. So that will be my main focus. :smile2:

If it's the tea flavor that you like, Crystal Lite, and the copy cat store brand stuff that you can get at Albertson's, Wal-Mart, etc, have some flavored teas that use... Splenda, I think... I know there's a Peach Tea and I think there might be a Raspberry Tea, too.

Hello! I haven't posted in a VERY long time, but it is so nice to see all the weight the Lucky 7's are loosing! Congratulations everyone! :thumbup:

Welcome Back, Becca!

Okay girls I am back but I have been having one Hell of a trip. We got back from Hawaii and could not keep anything down. So To the doctor I called. I have not had a fill since nov. Well anyway after fighting for nutrion on liquids had to have the band unfilled and studies done. Everything looks good but they will not fill my band back for one month. That is going to be hard because I can eat again. It is only mental i am not hungry just old habit.

Anyway I am done venting. Glad to still see all you guys here.

beth

Beth,

Sorry to hear of your struggles. Hope things start going better for you soon!

Going to the Chapel and we're gonna get married

KARRI & DH

36_4_28.gif

HAPPY WEDDING DAY

----------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY WEDDING DAY FROM ME, TOO, KARRI!!

Phyl - Ya petiete really aren't petiete :lol:

I alway just order a cheese enchillada -when you order stuff like shrimp and crab in the -they charge you $$$ but put fake stuff in it - plus I like my seafoad to taste like seafood and not covered in chili :smile:

I don't know what the heck they had in there but it was disappointing, whatever it was!!

I guess I have just had enough sleep - as the saying goes I will sleep when I die - heck like right now I should be taking a nap - cuz I am going out tonite - but I'm not sleepy tired - my left leg is bugging me - like i have a kink in it - so in a bit i will get up shower and dress for the concert...

Yeah, I'm usually up a little after 7 a.m. every day. just not tired anymore.

Hope you have a great time at the concert!

5_5_138.gif

My Bro is a little off too many drugs

I know he loves me - all we have is each other - don't get me wrong - I love my big sis just as if we were full blooded don't think of her as half - but my bro & I are the only ones left from my mom & dad's marraige

Ok gang - I am off to the couch and t.v and to eat something - cuz I am going to have a couple liquid refreshments tonite - and dont want to pull a Jackie :)

So better get some food in my tummy..

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

We'll all be anxiously waiting to hear from Karri--

all about HER weekend....

well, maybe not ALL!!!???

36_4_27.gif

Maybe Olga's is just in Mi., I don't know. It's one of those restaurants you find in the malls. It kind of a greek restaurant without the coneys. The original Olga is like a gyro on flatbread. Yummy. (and they let you eat off the kids menu)

Hi again all. My toothache is feeling a bit better. I don't know if it is the tylenol, the darovcet, the ambesol, the advil, the shower, or the Hot drinks. Something is helping. I called the dentist but he hasn't returned my call. Imagine that!

I have a stupid question. Would it be possible to lose weight in your gums? It almost feels like the snug has left my crowns. I wonder if the roots of those teeth are exposed. I know it's crazy to think but I really am fat all over.

Actually, the dentist just called and asked it I could stand it for another 12 hours or so. He says that he figures it's an infection or abscess and that in another 12 hours it will have localized in one spot so he can figure out which tooth is the problem. He gave me permission to use the liquid gold that I got for surgery so I told him I could tough it out until morning. He said he would wait for my call tomorrow and if I needed him to he would meet me at the office for whatever he needed to do.

Sometimes life in a small town has its perks.

On another note....has anyone heard from Karri? I know she is out of touch electronically, but thought maybe Janet or someone may have heard from her IRL. I hope she is having an amazing wedding day. And I too hope she bought something tiny and gorgeous for her wedding night.

Night all! Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Maybe Olga's is just in Mi., I don't know. It's one of those restaurants you find in the malls. It kind of a greek restaurant without the coneys. The original Olga is like a gyro on flatbread. Yummy. (and they let you eat off the kids menu)

Sounds good. Wonder if they are at the Mall of America???

:lol:

Hi again all. My toothache is feeling a bit better. I don't know if it is the tylenol, the darovcet, the ambesol, the advil, the shower, or the hot drinks. Something is helping.

On another note....has anyone heard from Karri? I know she is out of touch electronically, but thought maybe Janet or someone may have heard from her IRL. I hope she is having an amazing wedding day. And I too hope she bought something tiny and gorgeous for her wedding night.

Night all! Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Glad you're doing better and that your dentist is in the picture now. Janet is out on the town tonight... at her concert.

If anyone heard from Karri, it would probably be her.

Hope she had an amazing weekend!!

I'm BAAAAACCCCKKKK!

Thank you for all of your warm wishes. I honestly have to say that the wedding was probably the funniest one that I have ever been to. We went to the macaroni Grill (which my brother kept calling the macaroni Hut!). Our waiter had just been married the weekend before and really didn't quite get that we were getting married right then and there. He kept talking about where we were going to get married. It finally sunk in when my dad pulled out his cell phone and started playing the wedding march so that we could begin the ceremony. He became ordained through the Universal Life Church online and took it to the extreme. He ordered his "Doctor of Divinity" packet that came with an official badge (which he wore), a parking permit (which he had hanging from his rearview mirror), a "Doctor of Divinity" Window decal which was also hanging in the car. Lee (my DH) and I were wearing matching outfits from the World of Warcraft game that we play. So we begin the vows and my dad is going through all the vows (in different languages, because his kit contained different varieties) and we are all laughing so hard that I am crying. So we finally swap our rings (just wait for the pictures!) and say our I do's. By the end our waiters were laughing, the people behind us were laughing, and our table was grabbing their sides from laughing so hard. It was very fun. My dad's wife took the pictures and is supposed to be sending them to us today. We will see though!

So that was the good news. The bad news is that the plastic surgeon that we saw doesn't want to do the surgery because it is going to be VERY EXTENSIVE and he feels that it is too far away from home. He was a very good surgeon and feels that he could do the surgery, but the likelyhood of complications (separated incision, infection, seromas which is liquid pooling under the skin) would just make it too risky to do when we live 3 hours away. Plus there is more potential for complications when they remove a lot of weight and he expects me to lose 10+ pounds from the tummy tuck! So he refered me to some surgeons over here. When I called the 4 that are here on Friday these were the results: 1 said they wouldn't do the surgery because it was too extensive, 1 didn't have a financing program, 1 said they didn't have financing BUT they would try to get it approved through insurance because of my back pain, and the other one didn't answer. The one that didn't answer does use CareCredit and I did get approved for that last night so that is an option. Also, my SIL (funny to say that now!) lives an hour from the original surgeon that I saw so I have a call into him to see if he would do the surgery if we stayed with her for a month. She graciously said that would be just fine. This is the lady that cuts my hair. SOOOOOO I still have options. Also with the ability to get financed through CareCredit, I can expand where I look for surgeons and have it done in WA and stay with my brother as well. My problem is that I am running out of time. I have to have the surgery done from the end of June through the first 2 weeks in July. Anytime after that I don't know that I would be ready to go back to work at the end of August.

I went through and read the posts but I can't remember who I need to respond to. I will be back on later today and respond but apparently we are going to the store.

But before I go I have my weigh in news. It is mixed news. I lost 2 pounds so that means that I am in the 150s :regular_smile: But I lost 2 pounds and I am not supposed to be losing weight. Here is the thing though. I got into the 150s so I think I can now put my whole heart into maintenance. There was always that part of me that wanted to get there. Now I am there and now I can focus more on staying stable.

Oh I know there were questions on eating out. It was tough this weekend because we ate out all but 1 meal. I did really well (except for the 1 piece of chicken fried steak and potatoes that I had last night) but even that was a small piece.

Here is what I ate

Friday morning: 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of fruit (Went to a little diner/cafe)

Lunch: 1/4 whole chicken with a little BBQ Sauce, 1/4 cup baked yam, 2 spears of asparagus, 1 bite of biscuit (got kinda stuck!) (Went to Claim Jumper)

Dinner: Shared an appetizer/fondue taster with DH and had a side of sauteed spinach (went to this wonderful German Restaurant)

Saturday Breakfast: A Protein bar (it was WAY too rich and made me sick!)

lunch (Wedding lunch!) We split a make your own Pasta bowl but I took the shrimp, mushrooms and artichokes with about 6 noodles while DH ate the rest.

Dinner: Chicken fried steak and potatoes.

Eating out can be VERY difficult, but I luck out in the DH and I split everything. We just need to remember to have them not split it in the kitchen. We end up with WAY too much food then and they serve it too me on too big of a plate. Here is a tip though. Often times if you go to a place like Chili's or Applebees or something like that, you can get a side of chicken breast. There is a restaurant in town that we go to and I often will order that, eat some of what DH is having and and 1/2 the chicken breast. We can't be afraid to order stuff that is not on the menu. I find that they will work with you more if you are willing to tell them WHY you need specialty items. I can get most waitresses to serve me the kids menu if I tell them I had lap-band surgery. Though like I said before I am very lucky that DH and I have similar enough tastes that I can just eat with him.

Okay last thing before I sign off. Has any one tried QUINOA? I bought some yesterday because my nutritionist suggested it and we are going to have it with lunch today. It is supposed to be a perfect Protein (means it has all the essential amino acids that we need) but is supposed to cook like rice. I was hoping to see if someone had eaten it and know if it sticks like rice. If it does I might be in trouble. Janet - Sushi would be the death of me!

Talk to you later

Karri--Thanks for the update! It does sound like fun! Can't wait to see the pics! I am sorry to hear about your diffiuclties with the suregry though, That's a little disheartening, but at least the door isn't completly closed for you.

Karri - Congrates again !!! we were all thinking of you yesterday - Can't wait for the pictures - Wedding sounds great - You will always remember it..

I have been wanting to try quinoa - but I have to go to some place like trader joes - and just haven't made it that way -

Congrats on the 2 lbs - heck imho and I am no doc your body is going to stop losing weight when it gets to it set point - You are doing excellent in your food choices even with eating out - remember we do have to live life and sometimes we need that chicken fried steak - You did better than me for Breakfast - I would have eggs & tatoes :smile:

It would be so cool if you could get ins to cover ps :frown: Things will work out They say it takes a month to recover from a TT?? Well I guess that's about right - I don't know what I am thinking - lapband surgery?? couple of day :regular_smile:

------------------------------------------------------------------

I slept in til - 9:30 a.m today - Well dogs woke me up at 5 - took them out went back to bed - woke up at 7 and thought oh Phyl would be happy for me - then fell back asleep - woke up about 9:15 but stayed in bed til 9:30 - I most likely could have fallen back asleep.. 2 Tequila tonics and 1/2 cup Beans when I got home - were the magic sleeping pill i needed..

But gotta say I am hungry this morning- I had a 1/4 ceral - but am hungry again - I am cooking some collard greens - so those will be good for me..

Concert was good - I just wish they had screens so that you could really see the preformer - Josh Stone is 19 sings sorta like Janis Joplln (better voice but that bluesy soul kind of sound)- she is from England - I was home by 10:45 - so I didn't pull a jackie :biggrin: heres a pic from last night

Ok - I am back to my paper - I figured you guys would want to know if I was still alive or not after my outing :eek:

I will talk to you all later - will be looking for Karri's wedding pics :tt1:

I don't know when the pics will be posted. My dad's wife is really weird. She wouldn't take pics with our camera because she likes control. I will bug her though.

BIG @$$ RANT COMING!

Not about the DH though, he is great! My stupid nutritionist just called me. She told me that I was supposed to email her if I lost more than 1 pound, so I did. She is UPSET with my food choices. Here are her complaints.

1. Too much Protein (WTF:confused2:, I thought we were supposed to be eating protein)

2. Not enough carbs (I have more than doubled my daily carbs:thumbdown:)

3. Too much processed food (Processed???? :cursing:3 Protein Bars per week is TOO much processed food. She is mad because I have to eat canned fruit...I am sorry that I live in the back 40 and I REFUSE to pay 2.98$ a pound for hard peaches!)

4. Too little fat (:blink:Again at least doubled what I was eating)

5. Too much cheese (Uhhhh.:regular_smile:...hello LOOK AT #4...didn't she just say I needed more fat! Plus I can't do other dairy so I need it for my calcium)

6. Too big of meals (UHHHH...don't I need to be UPPING the calories this is the only way I can do it:ohmy:)

7. Taking too long to eat ( NO #^$%&*@:biggrin: but my fill is tigher than it should be, but I can't get to my doc to have some of it taken out. I am going to have a complete unfill before my TT if I have that this summer)

8. Eating too much lettuce (:sneaky:Just picture me shaking my head on this one. She says that it doesn't have any nutritional value so I should switch to something else like spinach. Well I don't like raw spinach. Cooked is yummy)

9. REDUCE MY EXERCISING....WHAT THE HELL... Yep this was so preposterous that I actually wrote out all the words. Her thought is that I could eat less then and not burn up the calories. Holy Crap...Sorry I thought I was exercising for health benefits, but I guess I was mistaken.

I feel like I wasted 95$ because I can't do what she wants me to. I don't have the money and we just don't have the fresh fruits and veggies over here. It took me going to THREE :scared2:stores before I could find green peppers that didn't look like that were rotting on the shelf.

Alright I feel a little better now but all she did was ridicule what I ate and is afraid that I may be miscounting my calories because when she calculated my meals it came out to 2000 (this was from Mon and Tues meals from last week). Well obviously I was not eating that much considering I lost another 2 pounds. FRUSTRATING. Ruby I will switch you screen names for a day!

GRRRRRRR

Edited by salsa1877

I slept in til - 9:30 a.m today - Well dogs woke me up at 5 - took them out went back to bed - woke up at 7 and thought oh Phyl would be happy for me - then fell back asleep - woke up about 9:15 but stayed in bed til 9:30 - I most likely could have fallen back asleep.. 2 Tequila tonics and 1/2 cup Beans when I got home - were the magic sleeping pill i needed..

But gotta say I am hungry this morning- I had a 1/4 ceral - but am hungry again - I am cooking some collard greens - so those will be good for me..

Concert was good - I just wish they had screens so that you could really see the preformer - Josh Stone is 19 sings sorta like Janis Joplln (better voice but that bluesy soul kind of sound)- she is from England - I was home by 10:45 - so I didn't pull a jackie :regular_smile: heres a pic from last night

Ok - I am back to my paper - I figured you guys would want to know if I was still alive or not after my outing :biggrin:

I will talk to you all later - will be looking for Karri's wedding pics :frown:

Wow!

You slept in and I was up at 7!

You got home early last night! Glad you enjoyed your concert.

You look great!

DD & SIL got here an hour or so ago with the little ones.

Thomas is so excited...

there's an airplane calendar, airplane mobile, airplane clock...

14_4_105.gif

Our son is building an airplane in his garage.

It's almost done. DH took Thomas out to see it

but he wasn't that impressed.... it has no wings yet.

He LOVES airplanes. He's 2! And a very busy boy.

TTYLAtChrisNKellie011.jpg

Hi everyone!

Indio

I haven't been tracking a thing. I haven't tracked what I ate since weight watchers this time last year. I thought about doing it again but didn't follow through. Since getting back on LBT I've been trying to focus on drinking 1/2 before eating. Baby steps....

Twilight

Yes, you can lose weight in your gums. It does sound strange but you have fat in your cheeks, gums, pharynx (back of the mouth that opens up to your wind pipe), etc. Dentures, bite plates, etc. fit looser after a significant amount of weight loss.

Since losing weight has anyone experienced changes in their menstruation cycle? Mine has gone haywire. My gyn. said that my hormonal ratios are out of whack and thats causing me to have irregular periods. I'm wondering if its connected to weight loss.