Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Phyl, You've got a big job keeping track of all of us! I'm down two pounds from last week--8 to go!

This morning I weigh 204. I'm actually quite happy about that because for the past few days my weight has been as high as 207 in preparation for Aunt Flo's visit this week.

So put me down for 1lb weight loss for the TG challenge so far! :boink:

Hello everyone!

again sorry for not being on in so long! all i seam to say is sorry to you guys!!

i'm doing good a lots betterafter reading all your post you really are amazing ladies! (actually i've noticed the few men we had on have left us)

its bank holiday over here so not much to do which is nice adam is home so i get to see him, he cooked me Breakfast looked so nice but i only manages to eat 10% of it!!

of course its monday so i hopped on the scales glad to report i'm down to 149.4lbs just over 2 lbs down!!! i'm hoping by xmas i'll be at my final goal i really can't believe that this band is working for me. i was convinced that i would be the person that it wouldn't work for.

a friend of my Julie has been banded about 1 month before myself and it has not worked for her. my heart is breaking for her cos she is yearning for a child and would be an amazing mother she is loosing the weight but it is NOTHING to do with the band. she has 7 mm in a 8mm band with NO restriction. I believe she is going to have a bypass! sorry just wanted to share cos i can't talk to anyone else cos none of my friend are banded Julie i met in our support group

anyways i'd best go clean up ! hope you all have a great day. hoping to be on late. all my love to you all xx

:Banane20::Banane31::bananalama::not_ripe::Banane26::Banane59::boink::Banane22::xena_banana::Banane21:

sorry i just had to add this guys i just find them so funny!!!

So I have been a bit of a lurker on your sight, becuase I was banded in August so I am actually a crazy ate! However, I check in on this site to try and see what is coming up for me. I haven't been reading much lately because I have been really busy, but I was reading through the last several weeks of posts and came across IndioGirl's rant. HOW TRUE HOW TRUE! Everyone in my family was convinced that I had some sort of medical problem that made me gain weight because they never saw what I ate. It started when I was young (8 or 9 yo) that I would go into the kitchen before I went to bed and gather up as much food as I could put under my night gown and have it not be obvious. Then I would go to my bedroom and eat it all before I went to sleep. It wasn't that my mom underfed me (goodness knows she died weighing 350+ lbs), but I just was addicted to food. It got worse and worse as I got older. When I went to college I would order pizzas from several different restaurants and gorge myself with all of them. However, I was always the one when we went out to dinner that barely ate any food and was always exercising, but always just seemed to keep getting bigger. I remember my mom forcing me to go to the doctor and yelling at the doctor that something must be wrong. It certainly couldn't be me eating that much, I barely touched anything for dinner. This pattern continued all the way up until August 8, 2007. The day before I got my band. This little tool has drastically changed my life. I have not snuck 1 piece of food since I have been banded. Doesn't mean that I haven't been tempted, but I have lost 42 pounds:whoo: and am rarely hungry. Not to mention that the 17000$ bill is a bit of a motivator. It is funny that I am able to share this information with total strangers but never did share it with my parents or any of my family. Thank you all for your stories as I really do learn a lot from them and realize how NOT alone I am. You are a lot chattier than our group from August, so I may pipe in now and then with any questions/comments that I might have.

Karri,

Welcome and feel free to join in our conversations whenever you feel like it!! We do like to talk about anything and everything. :boink:

Hi all, I have been lurking around and would love to join you all. I was banded on July 27, 2007. So I think luck number 7 is the perfect place for me. Can you tell me about the challenge? I would like to join.

Hi all, I have been lurking around and would love to join you all. I was banded on July 27, 2007. So I think luck number 7 is the perfect place for me. Can you tell me about the challenge? I would like to join.

:welcomeB:

Hi, there and Welcome!!

We're glad to have you join us. The challenge.. one of the ladies mentioned challenging herself to lose 10 lb. by Thanksgiving. I decided to join her and it grew from there so that now I think there are 21 of us in on the 10 lb. loss by Thanksgiving. I'm trying hard to keep the numbers straight so you'll see me posting updates fairly often. I think after today I'll try just updating it on Mondays from now until Thanksgiving... unless someone wants to join in.

I was banded one week before you. Do you have to go back to MX for your fills? I had my 3rd today, and my last for a while because we are heading south for the winter on thursday.

Go Packers! Did anyone else see Monday Night football? Brett Farve still has it! Sensational overtime touchdown pass!!

I was hungry this morning so I made two scrambeled eggs. That was over an hour ago, and I still feel miserable--I almost wish I would PB and get this over with. Hopefully this will get me back on track as last weekend was not a high point in my weight loss experience. Too many birthday celebrations. . .Will I ever learn? :D

I'd like to be on the list too! 291/281 - I just wish my scale would match up a little closer to the Dr. scale - I weighed 273 the morning before my appointment, and the scale at the Dr. said 291 - was very disappointed with my loss - a little over 6 pounds, but not as good as I'd thought. Usually the scale is only off by 6 pounds compared to the one at home. Argh.

I'm starting to worry about my next fill appointment, I scheduled it for the day before Thanksgiving - and will be on liquids for the big turkey day - wonder if gravy counts. Kim

Kim - My doc scales & mine are about 4 lbs diff - i go by mine - I don't let his deter me.. - Make soupy mash potatoes & add some gravy on turkey day - by the time i do all the cooking i don't want to eat anyway.

Next day is always better ...

So I have been a bit of a lurker on your sight, becuase I was banded in August so I am actually a crazy ate! However, I check in on this site to try and see what is coming up for me. I haven't been reading much lately because I have been really busy, but I was reading through the last several weeks of posts and came across IndioGirl's rant. HOW TRUE HOW TRUE! Everyone in my family was convinced that I had some sort of medical problem that made me gain weight because they never saw what I ate. It started when I was young (8 or 9 yo) that I would go into the kitchen before I went to bed and gather up as much food as I could put under my night gown and have it not be obvious. Then I would go to my bedroom and eat it all before I went to sleep. It wasn't that my mom underfed me (goodness knows she died weighing 350+ lbs), but I just was addicted to food. It got worse and worse as I got older. When I went to college I would order pizzas from several different restaurants and gorge myself with all of them. However, I was always the one when we went out to dinner that barely ate any food and was always exercising, but always just seemed to keep getting bigger. I remember my mom forcing me to go to the doctor and yelling at the doctor that something must be wrong. It certainly couldn't be me eating that much, I barely touched anything for dinner. This pattern continued all the way up until August 8, 2007. The day before I got my band. This little tool has drastically changed my life. I have not snuck 1 piece of food since I have been banded. Doesn't mean that I haven't been tempted, but I have lost 42 pounds:whoo: and am rarely hungry. Not to mention that the 17000$ bill is a bit of a motivator. It is funny that I am able to share this information with total strangers but never did share it with my parents or any of my family. Thank you all for your stories as I really do learn a lot from them and realize how NOT alone I am. You are a lot chattier than our group from August, so I may pipe in now and then with any questions/comments that I might have.[/quote]

salsa1877 - We aren't strangers - we are all fat people - we understand - in one way or another we are all alike with our food issues - i was a chubby kid - my Mom was always controling my food - I had this pink gingham dress with 2 pockets - i would come home from school - change clothes put this dress on an fill the pockets with saltine cracker and go outside - my Sis will tell you I had ck bones under my bed. I was in 4th or 5th grade - You are never alone here and are always welcome !!!!

Welcome Mikesmom !!!

Go Packers! Did anyone else see Monday Night football? Brett Farve still has it! Sensational overtime touchdown pass!!

I was hungry this morning so I made two scrambeled eggs. That was over an hour ago, and I still feel miserable--I almost wish I would PB and get this over with. Hopefully this will get me back on track as last weekend was not a high point in my weight loss experience. Too many birthday celebrations. . .Will I ever learn? :D

Linda - had my 2nd fill on the 24th - I am tight - I think it may even be at my sweet spot... Had a retirement party Saturday nite - ate 2 or 3 bites of salads - 4 bites of steak (it was really good wanted to eat more ) 1/2 piece of cake - and about 6 glass of white wine - guess who was a little hung over on Sunday - Now this is where the band is a tad hard - you know how you are hung over - want lots of Water fast and grease food and tons of it - well, can't drink Water fast anymore - ate a cup of soupy mash potatoes and 3 reese pb cups.. (Ya i hit the halloween candy :omg:) But in the past I would have eaten the whole bag so don't feel bad about it...

Last nite had 3 oz of fish 1/4 cup brown rice and 1/3 cup cabbage - couldn't finish the rice - then my midnight run - 1 sf pudding cup and ate too fast got a little stuck - so sweet spot is here i think...

Well gang just wanted to say hi since i haven't been here for a few days..

Love to you all.... Talk to you later

xoxox

Janet

Linda - I saw the end of the game, most of the last quarter. I was changing channels and at the last minute I put it back on and saw the winning TD. It was awesome.

Well it seems that my post from this morning once again got chewed up by the internet monster and disappeared.:P

I just wanted to welcome the new ladies, salsa and mikesmom, to our happy little thread. It's good to see you both here.

salsa, thanks for sharing your experiences with food. I know it's shameful to admit to our bad behaviour, but I for one feel a lot better now that someone knows. Even though I still can't bring myself to tell my loved ones.

mikesmom, I was banded the day before you were. :D Hope you join us in our challenge. Our goal is to each lose 10lbs by Thanksgiving. You came in about a week late, so if you want to set your goal at perhaps 7.5 it would set you on the same track as us.

I'm not altogether confident that I'll make the 10 myself, but that's not going to stop me from trying! It's great to have such a wonderful group of ladies to do this with that I feel that even if I don't make the target, I'm still a success story. That's always been a hard thing for me to deal with. Failing to meet a target. :( But if I don't make the 10 by TG, I know it won't be too much longer after that. :D

I took Tylenol capsules this morning for the first time since surgery. Aunt Flo is being a real pain! :mad: They went down okay and I'm glad of it. I really couldn't stand that liquid pain relief any more. It was almost better to suffer through whatever was ailing me than have to swallow that turbo-sugar stuff. :)

update.gif

1. Distant0098 168/158

2. Phyllser/Phyl 282/272 -1

3. IndioGirl/Janet 210/200

4. forgve70x7/Nichole 235/225 -1

5. cazulay/Cece 204/194

6. lindaa -2

7. frustrated/Ruby 205/195

8. marcyinak/Marcy

9. Brandy 166/156

10. jackie506 218/208 -2 lb.

11. Stacymak 236/226

12. Mango24 202/192

13. SHAND Down -4 lb.

14. Chimboree

15. Kirajh/Kari

16. NewCC

17. ribearty

18. Car 187/177

19. ssankaofa73 237/227

20. Dini 154/142 -4.6

21. Unruhlyhd 291/281

22. mikesmom

:clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo:

update.gif

1. Distant0098 168/158

2. Phyllser/Phyl 282/272 -1

3. IndioGirl/Janet 210/200

4. forgve70x7/Nichole 235/225 -1

5. cazulay/Cece 204/194

6. lindaa -2

7. frustrated/Ruby 205/195

8. marcyinak/Marcy

9. Brandy 166/156

10. jackie506 218/208 -2 lb.

11. Stacymak 236/226

12. Mango24 202/192

13. SHAND Down -4 lb.

14. Chimboree

15. Kirajh/Kari

16. NewCC

17. ribearty

18. Car 187/177

19. ssankaofa73 237/227

20. Dini 154/142 -4.6

21. Unruhlyhd 291/281

22. mikesmom

23. Peaches

Ms. Phyll thank you for keeping track of everyone for the TG challenge. So far I am down two pounds. I go tomorrow for fill 3.

Chim and Linda a very belated happy birthday wish.

Marcie -- congrats on your weight loss.

Jackie - I too managed to stay away from the candy. I was supposed to go to a combination birthday Halloween party last Saturday but unfortunately got stuck at work. I wonder how I would have handled the social situation.

Indio, thank you for all your words of wisdom. You have really helped me a lot.

I had my first episode of pb'g yesterday. I ate a turkey sausage patty and I don't know if I ate it too fast or didn't chew well but I was driving to work and had to pull over twice to throw up. I am lucky I didn't get hit by a car both times. I could be the poster child for better chew your food or this could happen to you. I go for fill #3 tomorrow. That will keep me away from the candy.

Dini -- I don't know which of us puts in more hours lately. Last week I had 32 hours of overtime.

Brandy --- if you haven't sailed away yet, have fun.