Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hey ya'll! Look at all the folks on tonight! I love it!

Sorry this will be short b/c I am super sleepy. Just wanted to stop in and say hello! I will catch up on the other posts tomorrow.

Don't forget to answer the question of the day...see below. Good nite!:bored

QUESTION: Have you discovered what your overeating trigger(s) is (are)?

Could it be emotions/feelings, holidays/special occasions, media - like commercials, ads..., boredom, the clock (it's 12:00 noon, time to eat - even though you're not hungry)...etc.

I normally don't toot my own horn, but have to in this intsance. I finally hit onederland. I haven't been there for over six years. My goal was to be there by Labor Day and I made it. I have lost over 28 pounds Now only 64 pounds to goal.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::whoo:RIBEARTY TOOT YOUR HORN, BLOW YOUR WHISTLE AND WHAT EVER ELSE YOU WANT TO DO YOU HAVE DEFINATELY EARNED THE RIGHT. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!:clap2::clap2::whoo::bounce::bounce::biggrin1:

:)

Welcome to the newbies. This is a great place

I too got my 1st fill this afternoon - Dr numbed me up - thank the Lord cuz it took him a LONG time to find the hole... He felt my port but couldn't find the soft spot where the fill goes.. I was getting worried that my port had flipped but he finally found it (marked the chart TG)

then had me sit up and drink Water - I never slimmed - but felt like i had a bubble in my chest - he would take some out and have me drink some more back and forth until he thinks we have my sweet spot.. I didn't get home until after 6 and then played taxi to GS. Just sat down - I am a little hunger but not much - worked through lunch so just had a clear Liquid Protein drink.. I have to be on full liquids for 1 week - then pureed for a week then soft and week 4 can a try regular food... I go back in 2 months. So I guess I will have cream of ck Soup for dinner and some Protein powder... Heck going on liquids for a week will be good for the weight loss issue - since i don't think i have lost any weight this week since i ate so much this past weekend - Didn't eat anywhere close to how i use to eat - but you know what i mean alot more than i have been.

Kathy - Congrats on your daughter becoming totally yours :clap2:

Phyl - Hopefully you will get in on Monday - I feel your pain - I needed this fill before I returned to my bad eating habits... As to the stupid grill place don't even ask for a box - just fill up your plate with all the stuff you like and pack it up in your own box and have meals for a few days -

do you have to go on full liquids after your fill - I would sugget doing it before your fill. I should have had a good lunch today - i guess i wasn't thinking - but i had to leave early for my appointment so had to work thru lunch..

Citygirl - I think your doc need to see you how can they tell over the phone. My port incision is red but closed - its the holes that seem to be taking forever to heal - they aren't complete healed still have little scabs and it's been 6 weeks.. But the dr said they looked good.

Brandy Congrats on the 180's - I would be ten from goal if I were in your shoes...

Well it's 8:15 and i am off to fix me some soup... Everyone take care and I will let you know tomorrow how this fill is going.. Last night ate 2 cups spinach and turkey meatloaf burger and was hunger and hour later..

Sweet Dreams:notagree

What triggers my eating... hmmm, aside from the fact that I LOVE food, all types. I think the main thing is stress. It's what soothes me when my day is stressful. It usually happens at the end of the day as I get home and in the evening, but also all weekend long. My life has been stressful from a very young age, and I think I've learned this as a coping mechanism. Unfortunately, my excessive stress in the last few years has also brought on diabetes at an early age and heart problems (PVC's), not to mention way too much grey hair!!!! I'm only 41 and totally grey if I don't dye it.:violin:

Mango24-Thanks for your update. I also have two incisions that had stitches sticking out the ends. The dotor said I could trim them down, the skin is just beginning to heal over them now. I was thinking about pulling them out awhile ago but was afriad of the whole thing unravelling or somthing!

IdioGirl55-I was a little compelled to just go in to the doctor's office and have him look at it, or even take a picture and e-mail it to him. It's looking better today though luckily. The scab looks to be smaller even. I'm taking antibiotics, if it begins to look questionable again I think I'll just go in and have the doctor look at it. But I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one 6 weeks out that is still healing.

Janet,

I am SOOO ready for my fill, also!! Mine is this week, Thursday & I can't wait!! I have very little restriction (other than my DH!! HA! He's relaxed quite a bit on that! ) I'm getting pretty hungry between "feedings"!! Some days are worse than others. And I am fighting "head hunger" a lot!! I did pretty good so far today. We had to get up very early to pick up our daughter & SIL from the airport (returned from Hawaii on a "red eye"), so we went out to Breakfast on the way home. I ordered a Sr. Citizen (2 egg) omelet with hash browns & english muffin. I could only eat half. I ate the other half about three hours later. Then I lasted 4 hrs and had a shrimp cocktail. I do okay with lettuce, and no problem with shrimp. I LOVE my seafood!!

I found a local support group last week. It was nice to have a face to face with other lap band folks. They told me about this "flat Iron steak" that the Fred Meyer stores here sell. We bought one the other day and it was nice and tender.

My brain is bouncing all over the place... things popping in and out... So here's another issue... There is a Mongolian Grill that opened up across the street from us. Their policy as stated online says "no sharing, no doggie bags". So I emailed them asking them to explain their no doggie bag policy and asking if I could order a child's portion. I've had two emails today from the manager and she refuses to give an inch. They have NO senior citizen's price and won't let me order a child's portion. She's adamant about the no doggie bag rule because they are an all-you-can-eat buffet. So now I understand that, but I explained the lap band surgery to her and she refuses to make any concession. Says she can't grant special privileges to certain customers. So I guess we just won't go eat there! We have eaten out quite a bit since my surgery and I have had no problem ordereing off the children's menu anywhere else!

Janet, my DH is happy about the PS area gas price you quoted!! It's very close to what we are paying here in the Seattle area. Two more months and we'll be heading south! I can't wait!!

PHYL- I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN AT BONANZA. THEY TOLD ME THEY DON'T RECOGNIZE THOSE CARDS WE GET ANYMORE AND THEN CHARGED ME FULL PRICE FOR A SMALL DISH OF COTTAGE CHESSE!!!!

Hi, All,

Kathy.... yes, three days IS a BIG DEAL!! I had a frustrating development today. :update: Late this afternoon I discovered a message on my phone telling me to call my dr's office. When I did, I was told NOT to come in for my fill appt tomorrow!! :) Seems they've been having some "problems" with fills and have decided on a new policy... all fills done under fluoroscopy! AND... they are no longer doing them on Thursdays and Fridays but ONLY on Mondays. AND... the "girls" that do the scheduling for fills were gone for the day by the time I called in so I'm supposed to wait for a phone call regarding a new appointment! I cried!!:think :hurt I am hoping its not too late to get in on Monday. On Friday it will be seven weeks since my surgery and I am more than READY for this fill!!

A friend directed me to another lapband site and I found some GREAT recipes to try. Here is the URL: http://lapbandtransformation.com/threstaurant.htm

Now.... who was it that posted that question for the day?? Chim?? Eating Triggers: boredom, for sure. How about just plain food addiction? If I know something is available.... say, chocolate, it will "talk" to me until I go get some.

Also, when I need some comforting. Like when all that happened this afternoon about my fill, my DH didn't understand why I was crying. Like, no big deal, they can probably get you in Monday. What's THREE MORE DAYS?? Yeah, three days in the WRONG direction... not like Kathy's THREE MORE DAYS!! So, I got on my Blue Bomb... my handicap scooter, and took off for the shopping center across the street where I got myself a latte... sugar free, fat free milk, probably 100 cal, but I "needed" a treat! (And I could scoff at the HOT IRON MONGOLIAN GRILL as I went by!!)

Oh, that reminds me... I asked the young gal making my latte if she had eaten at the new restaurant yet... the afore mentioned GRILL!! She said she had and it wasn't that great. So I told her I was pissed off at them and of course she wanted to know why. So I told her my sordid story, that they refused (by email) to allow me to order a child's portion AND told me I couldn't have a take home box. SO this gal says, "I can't believe that! I took my leftovers home when I ate there!!" How about that!!?? So now here's my plan: we're going to go eat lunch there one day :hungry: and we're going to take our own plastic container (which I can hide nicely in my scooter basket). Then when I've eaten what I can, I will ask for a take out box. If they don't have any, I'll use the container I brought with me... when no one is looking, and put it back in the bottom of my basket!! Sound like a plan??

:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Well, I guess that's enough of my rambling for now!! I enjoy each and every post and thank you all for your willingness to share!!

PHYL-SO SORRY ABOUT THE DELAYED FILL. I CAN'T IMAGINE THE DISAPPOINTMENT YOU ARE FEELING. YOU HAD EVERY RIGHT TO CRY. YOUR HUBBY PROB JUST DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THE DEGREE OF THE DISAPPOINTMENT BECAUSE HE IS NOT PERSONALLY PHYSICALLY DEALING WITH THE BAND. HANG IN THERE!!

Ok I finally caught up with the posts. I am so sorry I have been MIA for well over a week and a 1/2. I am not sure exactly how long it was but lapbandtalk sent me an email telling me that they missed me being on lapband talk and hoped that I would come back and visit sometime. That was a little weird. I have been really busy with work, the kids going back to school and etc. Just life in general I should say.

Well I had my first fill today. It went great. There was nothing to it. My doc's PA does them under fluro. I got to watch the barium going through the band and then watched it slow down as she was filling and I was drinking. That was cool. I have the VG band. I don't really know the difference. She told me that alot of doctors prefer this band and my doc uses this one the majority of the time. She also told me that it just means that they can get more Fluid into it but not to worry that I will 'run out' and not be able to get more restriction if needed. I don't get that but ok. She put 4.6cc in the band today and told me to schedule an appointment for 1 month and if I find that I am eating more than 1/4-1/2 cup food after 2 weeks call and set up an appointment to get into see her for a fill before my 4 week appointment. She said their thinking is you have the tool so use it. Everything looked great and as it should so I have officially healed.

I can definately tell I have some restriction tonight. I am supposed to be on liquids for 2 days but drank some diluted Tomato juice tonight and I drank to much. I measured out 1/2 cup. I started to feel satisfied but the old habit of "there isn't that much left I might as well finish it" kicked in. I didn't pb or slime or anything and no fireball from hell coming up out of the asophagus (sp?) but I just feel BLAH like you do when you have eaten too much.

I have been keeping up with my exercising. I have boosted a little. I walk the treadmill at 3.4 with an incline of 4 for 60 minutes and then ride the stair master exercise bike for 30 minutes. After this then I do the nautilus to help tone. I am burning about 550-600 calories on the treadmill and the bike daily. The only day that I skip is Sunday and that is because the Y is closed on Sundays until Oct. Sundays I just go for a 3 1/2 mile walk outside. I am really dedicated to sticking to this exercising thing!!

How is everyone else doing? From your posts looks like we are all moving right along. Can't wait to see what we are at by Christmas!!!! I have set a mini goal of being down to 210 by Halloween. I know that doesn't sound to low to many but for me that is good. I started at 275 at the end of May and I am now at 233.

Well hope everyone is well and I will try to check in more often. Things are starting to slow down now that we are getting back into the groove o school schedules and such. Good nite all and I have missed each and everyone of you!!!! Congrats on all the weight loss. We should figure out how much as a total group we have lost. That would be fun!!!

:)

WOW Jackie! :omg: That's fantastic! The exercise, the weight loss, the restriction from the fill, the attitude. You're doing everything right and it's certainly showing on the scales. Good for you! You deserve a gold star for your efforts. :) :bounce:

Thank you to all who congratulated me. I appreciate it and can't wait for more buddies to join.

Also good luck to those getting their first fill. I can't believe that it has been a week since I got mine. Three more weeks to go before the next one.

Thanks for the words of encouragement FRUSTRATED!!!

Hello,

Just checking in! It has been too long since I have been on here. I had my first fill yesterday. It went well. The procedure itself was very simple. I am down 20lbs. since surgery and I feel great. My clothes are fitting wonderfully. I am still just trying to get used to chewing my food thoroughly. I have had the awful experience of frothing...YUCK! Hope everyone is doing well!

I feel great! I AM SO HAPPY I HAD THE BAND DONE!!!! Lots of love and prayers to you all.

Good day to all, I have had such a busy week I have hardly gotten to read my email let alone catch up here. Thank God I am off tomorrow, I will have to catch up then as I am off to a 12 hour shift today.

Have a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first fill totally helps. I was having a major case of bandster's hell and now I hardly ever feel any hunger. Fills are the way to go.

For me stress is my trigger. But now I have tried to eat while stressed and just couldn't, it was physically painful. Man, I have said this a million times but here it comes again: I LOVE MY BAND!

Phyl- I would not go to that restaurant if they paid me to. How rude.

Chim- exercise is a good stress reliever, that's probably why you miss it. Horray!

Thanks CeCe, I would really like to maintain that feeling I have had up until the past week or so of not wanting to eat. Maybe I should get my courage up and call the surgeon to make sure that my upcoming appointment includes a fill. If it doesn't I'll probably eat myself into oblivion. Now I'm really stressed out. Guess I'll go walk the stairs (13 flights).

Car

Phyl - Sorry you have to wait, but lets look at this from "things happen for a reason." If they are having trouble not using flouro that could mean they have been sticking people's bands. My fill is Tues. and I don't know if they use flouro, but I have been obsessing. I think.... if they don't use it and they stick my band, then it's ruined. Who pays to fix it?

Cause I paid cash. The nurse does the fills at my office.

I know it sucks to wait but at least it gonna be done right.

I don't know if anyone else had this experience with their doctor. I saw mine at the initial lapband conference. Then I saw him at my preop. and that's it. I will probably never see him again. I didn't see him on surgery day. I was last. He didn't even tell my husband I was done. And he doesn't do fills. Take the money and Run!

Today is my anniversary - 10 years!

I've been hovering around the same weight so I'm going back to shakes for two meals a day...they keep me full, I'm just eating the wrong crap! I'm looking forward to a fill that will at least limit the amount of crap I can consume!

I find that I get stuck FAST when I eat too fast...it's like I finally get the dinner plate in front of me (after serving everyone else) and I take 2-3 bites WAY TOO FAST and then...BOOM...no more! It took about 7-10 minutes for me to get back to normal and then I just ate my broccoli and called it a night...it was halibut too, dang it!