Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Sorry, but what's the heck's a visual?

Shannon,

I'm getting caught up on posts, and a visual is the person who works in stores and works on the displays. Mostly, when my mom did it, it was dressing the mannequins and the wall displays. But, she also had to make sure the product displays were correct and met the corporate standards.

**Not sure if anyone else answered this, but I figured I'd at least respond. :)

lindaa, I have to say that "fall" and "spring" cleaning will have a whole new meaning for us and we're going through old clothes. At my support group meeting they suggest to keep 1 pair of your "fat" pants, so that when you are having a bad or "fat" day, you can get those pants out and see how far you've come.

ssankofa, the pie sounds good. I may have to try to make one soon.

Forgve, yes, I'm a visual for Kohl's. I so miss our District Visual position, and hope it comes back one day. I'm wanting to move up, but not in management- hate the hours, and love my weekends off, but how cool that your mom works for them too in the same position. My 13 year anniversary is coming up Sept. 19 with Kohl's. When I visit Florida in October, the new St. Petersburg store will be grand opening, so I'm excited to get to see it when I go. I spent 9 days down in Hunters Creek Florida helping to open the Florida market 2 years ago. I had a great time. My hotel room was only minutes away from Disney. I love what I do, and I always say I have the best job in the place.

It's such a small world!! When they eliminated that position, my mom made the lateral move to an ASM (I also worked at Kohl's for a few years) and ended up quitting because of the hours. She liked working M-F and her favorite time to work was overnights. Congrats on making it 13 years...that's awesome!!

Laters,

Nichole

Shannon, I'm sorry, I must have missed the question. Yes, I dress the mannequins, put up all the graphics in the store, help roll out all the new product line fixtures, do all the display work for the store. It's fun, something different every day. I'm also in charge of the fun food events for the store, go figure, and the fundraising we do.

Just an FYI, if any one shops Kohls, most stores will be rolling out our new product line from Vera Wang, the famous designer (for wedding dresses) on Tuesday. It's called Simply Vera, and has some pretty nice pieces I wouldn't mind trying to get into this fall.

Hey all...

I finally got my first fill today!! I'm so excited about it too. It was very interesting to me because the doc found my port on the first poke and with the needle in, he told me to stand up. Then he gave me a bottle of Water and told me to chug it. When it started to hurt me while swallowing was when he backed it out and took out a little bit. I'm not sure how your fills have gone, but it was very interesting. :)

I'm actually writing this from the Phoenix airport and am flying back to Albuquerque to drive home 2 1/2 hours. Oh well, it was well worth it and I'm so glad to have the restricted feeling again so that I can better control what I'm eating again.

I was also very happy with the scale at the Dr's office because I'm down to 236 which finally put me past the 30 lb mark!! :waytogo:

I hope you are all having a great Friday, and hope you all have a safe 3 day weekend!

~Nichole

forgve, it is a small world, and your in California, right? We had a district position when we opened up the market there. I remember we sent 5 visuals from the district to open that market. It was so diffeent when we opened up Florida. Our district went to store visual and then to ASM when it opened up. I agree that retail hours suck, and that's why I love my job. I usually work M-F, 6am to 2:30pm. The ealier the better.

Only4Me

It came in the inamed packet that I got from the hospital right before I left. I can't remember who handed it to me. There was a postcard to fill out to send to Inamed, a booklet on the Lapband and 2 cards....1 to track my weightloss at the Dr's office and a Restaurant Card.< /p>

Hey gang. This will be a short one. I am so sleepy right now. I've switched back to my normal work schedule 7am-3pm. It's taking my body some time to adjust. But I just had to check in on ya'll!

Looks like everyone is doing great!!!

Have a wonderful 3 day weekend and a Happy Labor Day. Someone else said it first...BE STRONG AT THE COOKOUTS!!!!

I will check in tomorrow. I'm going nighty night.:notagree

Ya'll are the BEST!!

Ssanskoffa- I dont think I got that packet. I dont remember getting it! Are you going to the Long Island Support Group on Wed night?

Hi everyone! Just checking in from Vegas. DH is in the shower getting ready for the day and I thought I'd see how everyone was doing. As to cards, I checked before I traveled here, buffets you know, and my Dr doesn't have any cards, so I was out of luck. Ate at a buffet last night, and although expensive, I did fine. Had a little turkey, a little chicken, mashed potatoes, a bite of a roll with a smidgen of butter, and then I was full. Not bad! And due to the time difference for us on the day we got here, that was at 3:15 p.m. LV time. Didn't eat again the rest of the day and got to bed early around 11:30. shake this morning and I'm good to lunch time. So, I think there won't be any problems here....

I'm feeling quite a bit restriction after the first fill now, although I did not for the first couple of days. Never have had any problems that others have reported, just get a tightness in the upper, center chest, so know it is time to stop. I'm supposed to go back in three weeks for 2nd, but I don't know that we will really want to add anything. Still eating 500 to 900 caloies a day and don't know if one really should be eating less than that. What do you think? So, might have him only add a smidgen if he thinks he should or just wait another month and see how it goes. Lost 3.5 pounds last week and none this one, but think that was mostly due to Flo. She didn't use to come every month or stay more than 3 days when she did visit, but this month it was 7 full days.....houseguests should know when they should leave, don't you think? :))

Take care and I'll try not to lose all my money....

Hey guys! I wanted to share that I'm going out to a restaurant tonight for the first time since surgery. Almost 5 weeks! This from a person who used to eat out at least 3-4 times per week before.

I'm going to watch a football game (GO VOLS!) at Wild Wings Cafe with a couple of my neighbors.

Wish me luck!

Hey you all. I have been MIA. Busy with work, and I also joined USAFit, and have started training to walk a marathon in February. We started off with only 3 miles and that nearly killed me, but I will keep going for as long as I am able to.

I am happy to see everyone's doing well and having pounds melt away. Wow, I should have done this years ago.

OK, I will check back tomorrow.

Keep going!

Hi All

Oh my Gosh i've missed you all so very much.

got back from italy last night, was amazing!! weather was fab, food smelled unreal but as i'm still a bit too tight i could not eat all that much. little bits here and there.

i've left Annafrancesca with my mama, they are coming home on thursay along with my father. must admit i'm looking forward to the next 4 days without here. sounds awful but i need the break.

tomorrow i'm going to sort out here play-school. i'm going to put her in it Mon-Fri 1-6.30pm! if i dont do this i'm going to go crazy!! also i'm going to try do come course in Accounting or something to do with numbers!!

yesterday when we came home there was the usual pos. our gas bill was there and usually its 90-150 euro well it was 480 euro i got the shock of my life. straight on the phone to customer service but they were closed at 8pm so i'll have to wait till monday. i pity the person i'll get on the other end of the line!!!

oh jsut need to share. i got my hair cut in dublin it is around 80 euro in italy was 27 euro. this hair cut was fab. i had to book 3 weeks in advance every time i go back i get it cut by her. them i got a pedicure dublin 65 euro well i paid 16 euro i was like ahhhhhhh yeah baby. finally i treated myself to a facial now in ireland it can be anything from 65 of a crap one to 150 but around 90 is a good one. well i paid 20 euro for the most amazing 70 minute facial and i was going to get the 90 min one with massage for 25 euro but did not have time. GOSH I LOVE ITALY!!!!!

i'm so going to go more often maybe over 2-3 months sure shy not cos my dad is over there anyways.....

so how is everyone!!! i've not got time to go back on all the posts i'll do that tonight after work....

if anyone can refresh me on all the juicy gossip that would be great. let me know how everyone is doing xxxxxxxx

I started to wonder why we needed to stop drinking 30 minutes before a meal. I think someone else on this site asked about it too. If Water or other thin liquids go straight thru the banded area of the stomach then stopping a 1/2 hour before eating is waaaaay too long. I haven't been too good with the drinking situation so now I don't feel so bad that I end up drinking only 10 to 15 minutes before I eat. Granted this is only my opinion and the opinion of someone else's doctor but the shorter time period between drink 1st then eating a meal afterwards makes sense to me.

As for drinking after the meal, I totally understand why we have to wait an hour. To be honest, thats tough for me too so I've taken just enpugh small sips of water to soothe my dry mouth and throat. I don't want to wash the food I eat thru the band but I need a little water after a meal or my mouth doesn't feel right.

Bottom line is....I'm not getting in enough hydration and I need to make "Ruby's Water Rules" a way of life so that I don't sabotage my band. (How do u like that phrase I just coined?? lol) If I was properly hydrated during the day, I wouldn't need the small sips of water after my meals.

The drinking before and after has to do with keeping the food in the pouch so you feel full longer. The band is made to allow liquids to pass through. If you drink while eating all the food will go through and you never get the full feeling. This is what my doctor calls "cheating the band". My doctor is 1/2 hour before during and 1/2 hour after. My meal should take 1/2 hour to eat. Another person I work with can't drink 15 minutes before but she has to want an hour and 15 minutes after eating until she can drink anything. Each person's doctor has different criteria or restrictions on this as well as what you can eat prior to surgery and how soon after. My doctor requires 64 oz. a day with 32 oz. having to be straight water.