Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

jackie, thanks for the recipes. There's some great ones for fish, which I always have a hard time with, because I'm the only one who will eat it, but it will help me while making single portions.

Lynette- I found a couple that I think I might try also. I usually just bake my fish but I think after doing that so often I will become bored with it. I went to the library today and checked out low fat, low cholesterol, low carb and healthy recipe books. Found some that really look good in there too. I will share with everyone as I try them.

All this talk about being "force fed" at dinner time growing up....I just saw the most hillarious commercial!! Baskin Robin's: Mom sitting at table eating with son, Dad says to son, "Eat all your peas or we're not going to Baskin Robin's for a treat." Dad turns around and mom grabs the plate and devours the peas!

It just made me think of our recent conversations....too funny...really, I'm laughing my a$$ off...hopefully, it won't grow back!

Thanks for the advise/encouragement!

Marcy-You are hilarious. I haven't seen that comercial yet. Bet the famiy will say something if/when we see it though. The other night my son was eating a Dairy Queen blizzard. I asked him 'is it good?' and he told me yes. Then a little bit later he said 'mom stop watching me eat your making me feel guilty' LOL I didn't even know I was watching.

I agree that I notice alot of BAD food choices that the family makes. Thing is they are the same choices that I made pre banding. Makes me sad to think that I have 'helped' my kids make these terrible choices. My son complains alot now because I am cooking well balanced nutritious meals for everyone now. Oh course I am on puree or mushie but I figure there is no time like the present to start cooking that way for them. With the books that I got from the library today I told my daughter and my son to go through them and pick out a few recipes that they think sound good and we will try them too. I think maybe asking them to get involved in choosing the meals will help. Cross your fingers!!!

Bostonchic you are being so good!! It was hard to be on liquids for that long....I cheated here and there, then got news two days ago, that those that have the AP band only have to do liquids for one week, mushies for one week and then solids....after I had to endure the liquids for two weeks!! So I can empathize.....you are doing great!!

I've got the AP band, but I have to do two weeks of liquids, then pureed food for weeks 3 thru 6, then softs for weeks 6 thru 16,and then a regular diet at five months!

I've got the AP band, but I have to do two weeks of liquids, then pureed food for weeks 3 thru 6, then softs for weeks 6 thru 16,and then a regular diet at five months!

Brandy, your post-op diet is the most restrictive and longest I have seen on any thread. Did your doc. explain why its so long? When do you get filled? How are you coping?

All this talk about being "force fed" at dinner time growing up....I just saw the most hillarious commercial!! Baskin Robin's: Mom sitting at table eating with son, Dad says to son, "Eat all your peas or we're not going to Baskin Robin's for a treat." Dad turns around and mom grabs the plate and devours the peas!

quote]

Maryinak-I just saw that comercial this evening, I almost wet my pants!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well..............It was bound to happen to me. I have to say, My body has adjusted to mushy foods way better than liquids. Today for the first time, I was hungry, and I felt as though I could have just kept eating at every meal. I stopped myself by portioning out everything, but I could have eaten alot more I think. I no longer have those crushing esophogus spasms. I really think those were brought on my hunger, I just didnt feel like it was hunger, also, I am able to burp.....I think I was so swollen on the inside, that I could not do it. I feel so much better since I can burp!!!!!!!

Some of you have mentioned the bad eating habits you've noticed in your partners, family and friends. For me, it's been more of a realisation of my own shortfalls. My husband is a picky eater and hardly ever binges on junk food. I was the unhealthy one and it becomes more and more apparent to me just how bad I was.

I deliberately cooked more than necessary and kidded myself it was in case hubby or son wanted another helping. Truth be told, they rarely do. The amount of leftovers now is HUGE and I know it's because I'm not eating what I would normally have eaten. The cold reality of it has been both embarrassing and enlightening. I HONESTLY didn't know how bad I was. :embarassed:

But I've made a new start now. :blush: There are no longer junk Snacks in the pantry like family sized bags of potato chips and packs of Cookies. I spend less on food when I go grocery shopping in spite of the fact that the healthier stuff is more expensive. I no longer think of where and how much I can eat each time I'm out in public. I don't always remember to bring my water bottle along with me, but the cost of a new one is considerably less than what I would pay for a soda or shake and the meal to go with it while out.

Good morning Jeanie.......sounds like you are gearing back up for school!!! Nope, haven't had the Water retention, but then again, I'm only 14 days out, but feeling pretty good!!

Have a great day!

Celeste

Caolin, Yeah, trying to get back into the swing of things, but not very successfully at the moment, lol!!! Just don't feel like doing it, but I better get my butt in gear soon or I am in trouble, lol!!!! :blush:

Jackie, I love my job! ... but in all honesty, getting everything ready to go back and starting all over is rough, especially with my kiddos ... they are only 4!!!! The first few days, they cry (and God love them, I don't blame them!!!), and I would like to sit right down beside them and shed a few tears too, lol!!! :help:

Kathy, Yes, we do keep missing each other! Been busy, sounds like you have been too!!! Golfing has never been my strong suit!!! It is awesome that the two of you are doing so many things together this week! Now, don't forget to allow some time for romance!!!! :biggrin1: Oh, and the ride, is my hubby's mistress!!! LOL ... Sometimes I feel a little jealous, has lessened some since I have been feeling better and started going with him, but prior to that, .... :rolleyes Oh, and the story about the pee pee is too funny!!! ... out of the mouths of babes!!! ... then Hunter's "wingdinger!!!" ... I love it!!! LOL:D

Lynette, I know bikes can be quite dangerous, but I am enjoying riding right now. Took a great deal out of me to get on it and go with him, actually I am having a fun time and rather enjoying it all! Don't enjoy turns much though or ....... very steep hills to go down!!!! YIKES!!!:)

So glad Hunter is feeling better!!!!! :D

Sounds like everyone is doing well and we have once again a similar upbringing with the "finish your plate syndrome!!!!" But I agree with whoever said (too lazy to look, lol) our parents did what they "knew" to do and money was tight and groceries were scarce in some instances! They just tried to make the most of what they had at the time!:hungry:

Dini, Sooooooo proud of you, Girl!!! Wow, way to go!!! You'll have to send me some losing tips!! Haven't been moving those scales lately, lol! Hoping after my fill next Friday, things might start taking off again!!! Although, went to the gynecologist today (the dreaded annual event!) and I am down 30 pounds from last year at this time! So was excited about that!!!!:whoo:

Marcy, have a blast at the fair and keep us posted as to how it goes! You should definitely be getting tons of exercise!!!! Enjoy!!!:blush:

Some of you have mentioned the bad eating habits you've noticed in your partners, family and friends. For me, it's been more of a realisation of my own shortfalls. My husband is a picky eater and hardly ever binges on junk food. I was the unhealthy one and it becomes more and more apparent to me just how bad I was.

I deliberately cooked more than necessary and kidded myself it was in case hubby or son wanted another helping. Truth be told, they rarely do. The amount of leftovers now is HUGE and I know it's because I'm not eating what I would normally have eaten. The cold reality of it has been both embarrassing and enlightening. I HONESTLY didn't know how bad I was. :embarassed:

But I've made a new start now. :blush: There are no longer junk Snacks in the pantry like family sized bags of potato chips and packs of Cookies. I spend less on food when I go grocery shopping in spite of the fact that the healthier stuff is more expensive. I no longer think of where and how much I can eat each time I'm out in public. I don't always remember to bring my Water bottle along with me, but the cost of a new one is considerably less than what I would pay for a soda or shake and the meal to go with it while out.

Ruby, I know what you are saying, I did exactly the same thing ... my husband would always say, "Why are you making soooo much?" Truth be known, it was more for me to pick at after we all were done!!! Oh, how sad to admit that!!!:help:

Brandy, your post-op diet is the most restrictive and longest I have seen on any thread. Did your doc. explain why its so long? When do you get filled? How are you coping?

Kathy, I get filled on 8/30. He's got a reputation for being strict on the diet, but I expect good results because of it....hopefully!

Kathy, And actually been coping extremely well, but have only eaten 548 calories today, and now, I'm a little bit hungry, but don't won't to eat and go to bed as I haven't lost anything this week at all.... I know that will change soon, however. Been averaging pretty well per week.

I may call and try to move my fill date, because I'm going to Vegas the next day and based on what I'm hearing here, I might have to go all liquid for a day or two. Hadn't heard that before, so I may call and ask tomorrow.

Good night!

Wow, Brandy! Kudos to you for doing so well on your post-op diet! That does sound really strict but I'll bet you'll have great results! I was so excited to have regular food this past Monday even broccoli tasted like heaven! Hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks everyone for your "kudo's" for getting to my first goal....it' means a lot!!! I've done it before, gotten under the 300 mark, but this time it felt like the first time I would really REMAIN under that weight!! lol.....I even went to get a few new pieces of clothes for our upcoming vacation and was able to get the next size down......that was a true NSV!!!

Brandy - Wow, that is one strict regiment for the AP band!!! The notification I received from the place I got my surgery was just passing along the requirements from the maker of the band. Go figure!! But either way, with those restrictions, you will definitely lose the weight and fast!!! Good luck!!