Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Lynette- I hear you about the exercising. I started back to work yesterday. I did go walking yesterday in the AWFUKL heat and humidity but I tell you it would have been just as easy to set inside. I am fortunate enugh with my job I am able to go to the YMCA or walking. I work with people who are slightly disabled and honestly the 3 that I work with love to go to the YMCA. LUCKY ME!!!!!! Today while I was working we went to the Y and walked on treadmills. Don't feel bad though. You are getting some exercise in. You said you are up and down on a ladder quite often. Once it cools off we will all be more motivated. Besudes you did just start back after 5 weeks so it will take some time to 'adjust' to working life, home life, and band life. Don't worry it will all work out.

Kathy- I know what you are saying. I put one of these in my purse yesterday and when I was at my cousins house I was changing her daughter and my cell phone rang. I told her to answer it and it was in my purse. When I got off the phone she goes 'ok I have to ask. What the hell is that in your purse?' and she busted out laughing. We both laughed and had tears rolling out of our eyes.

Frustrated- I went in my pool yesterday for the first time also. IT WAS MARVELOUS!!! Think I will be using that alot this next couple of weeks.

only4me- your concoction you made up sounds yummy. I might have to try that.

cazulay- congratulations on the weight loss. WOW you are dong fabulous!!! I wish my doc would give me a fill. LOL I have to wait until 6 weeks post op. Just plugging along one day at a time. I do fine during the day it is at night. I know some of that is habit though and I need to get over it

Kristin- I have never done the scrapbooking. My daughter and her aunt really like it though. My DD made me a scrapbook a couple years ago of her and I. I love it!!!!!

Good evening to all,

As far as these Protein shakes.................I am amassing a collection of ones I can’t tolerate..............I got some of the injury Strawberry...adding that to the pile. I couldnt even choke that one down. I

I agree with the strawberry - It was awful - I had added some fresh strawberrys to it - drank about 3 sips and threw it away.

Chocolate isn't bad -not great but with ice and a banana - drinkable.

I have only used my unflavored powder in Soups potatoes etc..

Hi all. sorry I have been MIA. I want to know who started the computer problems virus. That is what it has to be. Lynette, I believe you were first. My cable has been out for a few days and I didn't have internet access. I have scanned the messages but cannot respond to all. Everyone seems to be doing very well.

I had to stop by the doc office today cause I have a little pimple looking place at my port incision. They said is was just a stitch inside dissolving and it cause a mild inflamatory response. Made me feel a lot better.

I was hungry for the first time yesterday. Tonight I was starving. Even after I ate I was not satisfied. I ate 5 sf popcicles trying to keep from eating everything else. My MD said he will not do a fill before at least 4 weeks post op. So I have at least 2 weeks to wait for a fill.

I ask my MD why the liquids, mushies etc. He said that in order to reduced the risk of vomiting or heaving to remove a food, liquids then mushies. You don't want to vomit or heave early on because of the sutures in your tummy that go over the band. He had me on liquids a week, mushies a week then move to solids, adding red meats and such later and one at a time. I believe someone else's doctor had them on the same regimen.

I sure can't wait until I can swim.

HELP!!! What's motivates all of you to get up and go!

Lynette

I HATE exercising so understand how hard it is to get motivated.

I guess what motivates me is the pain and money spent to get this band, the eyes at work (along with the questions "How are you doing")

I know that without exercise my weigh is not going to come off like i want it to.

So like the commercial say "Just Do It" - I go to the gym at 5:15 a.m. and walk on the treadmill for about 40 mins - and if i don't get there in the morning i go right after work. I got in 2 miles this afternoon.

I am lucky though - I have NO excuses not to go.. I don't have any little ones or a DH to worry about, just my 16 yr grandson and he is pretty self suffient..

I just do it and don't think about it cuz if i debate with myself to much then here come the lame a$$ excuses and i won't go..

Don't think just do it....

We need to start an excercise challenge... Alot of us are out long enought to be able to walk at least... I can't do anything that involves stomach muscle unitl i go back 1st of Sept..

Sunny - I went to Wal-Greens a little while ago to get my benefiber. I having problems too. I also bought some Sugar Free Chocolate, after work tomorrow I'll eat a piece and see what it does. It works like ex lax for some people.

I was reading

messages on obesityhelp about stiches that pop out. If they don't dissolve inside they will work out the skin like a pimple, or an ingrown hair.

Chim - My daughter and I also make the scarves. I've made a few. Everytime we wear them someone says where did you get that?

only4me - Thanks for lunch tomorrow! I have ricotta and leftover spaghetti sauce in the fridge.

It took me a such a long time to read thru all of the posts. This thread is poppin! lol

To all who found out that they lost weight....

CONGRATS and KEEP IT UP!!

Keep those recipes coming guys!! I need to try the Italian ricotta cheese Soup.

To those who haven't excercised yet....how about doing 10 minutes of walking in place in front of the TV?

Chim

How does an excercise challenge work? Do we all come up with a plan of what to do and then see if we can stick to it?

Its hard to keep motivated. I had to talk myself into staying on the treadmill today and I felt good when I was done (45 minutes). I hope and pray that I can get to the point where I feel out of place if I don't work out. I'd love to get addicted to it so that I won't have to continue to feel like I'm forcing myself.

Here's a shocker for me....I finished 3 cups of blended steak and potato Soup today within an hour. I felt stuffed when I was done but I wasn't emotionally comfortable about being able to have all that food. I don't know why I was compelled to finish the soup because I could have stopped after the 1st cup. I just didn't. I'm scared that I'll be able to eat around my band. From reading everyone else's posts, I see that I'm not having much trouble tolerating liquids as most folks. There are times when I've jumped to solid foods to feed a craving and I haven't had issues either. I know I haven't had a fill yet but this really does scare me because I'm only 9 days post op and I feel like the only thing that reminds me of being banded are my sore belly from the stitches and my burp parade. I'm not asking to get things stuck, or start sliming and PB-ing but I'm concerned that my band may not work. What a difference fom last week.

I was reading

messages on obesityhelp about stiches that pop out. If they don't dissolve inside they will work out the skin like a pimple, or an ingrown hair.

:omg::omg:

Note to self: don't pop stitches! :paranoid

Hello, Everyone! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing this evening! Sounds like everyone is doing well and "trying" to exercise!!! It is soooo darn hot everywhere, it is hard to do much exercising! But I am like everyone else, if I don't do it now, I know I will have a very difficult time doing it once I go back to work!

The ricotta Soup sounds yummy! Now, where were you ladies when I was on mushies????? LOL

Glad everyone back at work is adjusting so well and feeling pretty good! Nice to see we are able to get right back into our lives!

Busy week for me! Hubby home and he is the planner around here ... run, run, run!!!! YIKES! Next week, I will be beat! We don't do much of anything, but we never stop!!! LOL:omg:

I have a problem with being plugged up. I bought some benefiber but have not started using it you. I don't know which is worse. At least my tush isn't sore :biggrin1:

If you want to use something very soothing for that and other problems, Arbonne has some diaper rash creme that is awesome. All of their products are wonderful. They are all botanically based no artificial smells, additives and great for sensitive skin. I use the anti aging skin care and when I tell people my age I always get told I do not look that old. I then tell them what I use. Have to give credit where it's due.

As far as the question: Who have I told?

Pretty much everyone! I admit sometimes it makes it hard!!! I don't really want to talk about it everywhere I go, I do have a bit more in my life than this "band!," but I do understand people's curiosity and interest! I agree with Chim, there are alot of people out there contemplating having SOMETHING done and it is amazing how many people are thinking about doing this! However, my pet peeve are the people that "have to" tell you what you should be doing and eating!!! For Heaven Sakes, I am a big girl, I do know what I am to do and if I make a mistake, I will pay for it! I don't like having to explain or justify my behavior to anyone! I do not like being put on the spot! Now, when I go back to work, that will be the challenge! There are a handful of co-workers that I have told, but I will be curious how many other ones already or will shortly KNOW!!! To be continued ... lol!!!

Night everyone, check in tomorrow!!!! Sweet dreams!!!:notagree

I've only told my close friends and immediate family (except fot 2 cousins and an aunt). The only person who hounds me about it is my mother. She happens to be obese too. We went for a walk together last week and since then everytime I talk to her she asks me if I've excercised, asks me about my food and she tells me to be careful and blah, blah, blah. So you know what? I give it right back to her! If she's gonna pester me, then I'm gonna pester her. Before banding, anytime I dieted and told her about it she pestered me and after a while it made me overeat, stop exercising, etc. It's like a weird form of reverse psychology. This time, I'm going to have to say something to my mother about her nagging because I can't have her sabotage me. This is my last hope and I'll be dog-goned if this goes wrong because of my mind not being able to handle my mother's mouth.

I've only told my close friends and immediate family (except fot 2 cousins and an aunt). The only person who hounds me about it is my mother. She happens to be obese too. We went for a walk together last week and since then everytime I talk to her she asks me if I've excercised, asks me about my food and she tells me to be careful and blah, blah, blah. So you know what? I give it right back to her! If she's gonna pester me, then I'm gonna pester her. Before banding, anytime I dieted and told her about it she pestered me and after a while it made me overeat, stop exercising, etc. It's like a weird form of reverse psychology. This time, I'm going to have to say something to my mother about her nagging because I can't have her sabotage me. This is my last hope and I'll be dog-goned if this goes wrong because of my mind not being able to handle my mother's mouth.

You had a post earlier about how much you can eat and not feel sick....I feel like I'm constantly testing my band only 8 days out. I hate that about myself, I've upped my Soup intake, but I also ate pickles (love the crunch)....the nurse I saw said not too and yet I do.

So to get to your above post, it isn't my mother (she is no longer here), but my husband, I know he thinks he's being helpful, but all I really want is to be able to vent my frustrations and doubts. So I finally had to talk to him tonight and let him know that I will have bad days and that he doesn't have to "solve" my issues, just be encouraging!!! So I'm will you.....

Caolin

Thanks for posting what you said to your husband. The next time my mother brings up excercise, food, etc. I'm going to say the same thing you did.

Yeah thanks for that Caolin. My problem is somewhat similar except my hubby is really supportive. In doing so, when I have a bad time with pain or hunger or am just irritable for no reason at all, he wants to solve my problems too. Sometimes I don't even know myself what I'm mad at. So I think it's a great idea to tell him that I'll have bad days for no apparent reason at times and that when I go off I'm not expecting him to find a solution, I just want to vent and have him listen. :)