Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Unruhly, I use Any whey from GNC. I don't really care for its flavor, so I haven't been using it much.

Frustrated, congrats on the 12lbs! YAY!!!! Glad you're doing well. I hear ya about the heat. It was 104 here today, and 112 w/the heat index! I can't stand it!

Good evening to all,

It really hard to keep up with everyone now that I have started work. Today was not so bad as it was only a 5-hour shift. I had a really bad night last night, Could not sleep-has a lot of the chest pains from not taking my time with my meals, I am going to bed early tonight!!

I tried something-new tonight......Tonight was pizza night. Very hard night for me in this house. So, I took 1/4 cup ricotta cheese, skim milk to thin it to a liquid consistency and heated it until it was very warm. When it came out I put just a spoon full of Tomato sauce in the center of the bowl and swirled the tomato through the ricotta "soup". Topped it with a little Italian spice........took very little spoonfuls and really enjoyed it. I really felt like I was having something substantial!! and very flavorful!!!!!

As far as these Protein shakes.................I am amassing a collection of ones I can’t tolerate..............I got some of the injury Strawberry...adding that to the pile. I couldnt even choke that one down. I now have the unflavored that I have to try...I am a little skeptical!!! I am switching to slimfast. At least I know that I can get that down.

Im going to say goodnight for the rest of the day. I really have to get to bed early, and I am having mommy/daughter time with my youngest, Lily.

Hi Everybody,

This is my 2nd week post-op, and second day back to work.

I have 2 questions.

1. I have mild chest pain like where the band is. It's not constant, and it's only been 14 days.

Is this normal?

2. Can I add Fiber to my liquids? Like benefiber? I need it!!

My doctor states in the paperwork he give you that this feeling may occur in the second week. I know at that time if I drank too much or too fast I would get that feeling. Now I am on mushy food and find that if I either eat too fast or too big of bites it comes. I just need to slow down. Trying to get too much done in a short amount of time. This Friday I get to eat anything with the exception of bread, red meat, pork, salads, fibrous vegetables and rice. I can eat those at 2 months post surgery but if I eat one I am to eat one and see how my body handles it because if you eat more than one of them at a time it would be hard to know what would be the problem. At the present time I have to skin all vegetables and fruits because the skin is too hard for your body to process and you can't chew it up enough.

Only4Me, sounds like today was a little bit better than yesterday's work day. Get some rest and you'll feel like a new woman in the morning! Have fun w/Lily!

Ribearty, seems like we haven't heard from you in ages! I'm w/you on the mushies. Just had a little french onion Soup and a little sweet potatoe casserole. Yummy.

Chim, I wish I could check in from work, but we don't have internet axcess there. Even if we did, I've ben on the run the past few days trying to play catch up!!! I'd love the chili recipe too, so maybe when you have time, will you put it on the recipe thread, if you haven't already!! Thanks!!

Kathy, I can just hear you know explaining to your DH and family about the Protein bullets when they see one,LOL!!! Your DH will think you brought some toys along!!

Frustrated, congrats on being able to get into the pool. It's a hot one here today also, we reached 100 degrees and with humidity, 110. I've been inside but my son wants to paly in his sandbox. I told him we couldn't, it was too hot out, and he says, no mommy, it ain't hot out.

Kristin07, when I make chili I usually use ground turkey, add in some kidney Beans, stewed tomatoes, Tomato sauce, cut up onion and green pepper, and use a store bought pack of chili mix. Nothing fancy, but it's good.

Aunt Phyl, congrats on the 14.5 loss. Way to go.

OK, after being back to work I'm so exhausted that I haven't done any excercising. How can I get re-motivated to get off this computer and go do something. It is so hot, and I'm so tired, and I just keep telling myself tomorrow I will try, and then tomorrow comes and I don't. I'm beginning to wish I had this done in the fall, when it is nicer out. I used to walk in the winter, rain, snow, whatever was out there. I'd bundle up and go. But I'm not one to strip down and go in the heat.

And yes, I have at home DVD's to do. Don't have to go out of the house to do those, but I haven't done any this week. At least my eating and drinking has been great, but no loss this week still, and I know it's from not excercising. HELP!!! What's motivates all of you to get up and go!

Only4me, I have some ricotta cheese here I've yet to make anything with so I'm glad you posted your idea. What kind of Italian spices did you use?

Lynette, Hunter is so cute...it aint hot out. LOL. That made me smile. I've gotta get the recipe from home. I thought I had it saved here on my work computer, but nooo...As for exercise, I know it's hard. I was s'posed to go this morning, but too hot. I have the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs, but haven't done those, yet, either! What's up w/me???

I will be MAKING myself walk tonight on my lunch, but it will be inside the building.

I guess we just have to tell ourselves is s'thing we have to do. I know for me, I want it to become a part of my everyday life, like brushing my teeth.

Chim, I know how important it is, and I love to walk, but I've just started back to work, and I'm on my feet all day, and have not done this in 5 weeks, it's taking it's toll on me physically. It home and all I want to do is take a nap, but that's not happening. My son is wide awake and ready to play. Maybe next week will be better.

Kristin, I've done scrapbooks for my wedding and honeymoon, and while I was of I planned to work on my sons, but didn't get to. I'm not an addict, but i do enjoy doing it. I don't know what half the things are used for when I go into the store, but I like it.

Lynette, I know I said I was going off for the night, but I just finished a load of laundry and thought let me check my Lucky 7's........I am getting adicted to you all!!!!!!!!!!!

I only added a little dried basil and a pinch of garlic salt, I didnt want it to be to spicy (like oregano) because I was afraid of the chest pains, and burping.......But to tell you the truth, since I ate that meal.....I feel fantastic. Like I needed more that just a full liqiud state (like the shake)- the ricotta had some body to it and I really have handled it well. I couldnt eat the whole thing, which was less than 1/2 total with the ricotta, skim and sauce combind. I left about 1/4 of what it made. Im planning on having it for lunch tomorrow at work.

I am soooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to the dr. today and found out I lost 13 lbs. since surgery. So this put me at a total loss of 24 lbs. I told her I am starving and she wanted to do a fill, but couldn't because I am still on liquids. Was on liquids. She told me to go ahead and progress to mushies/softs for a week and start on solids next Saturday. I have an appointment 2 weeks from today for a fill. Also I found out that my new home scale shows 2 lbs. more than the dr.'s scale- I know that because I weighted just before I left the house.

So I went walking at the rec. center ( 2 miles) , came home and had cheesy mashed potatoes!!! 1/2 cup of it, it was heaven!!!!!!!

Lynette- I am still on vacation, therefore it's easy for me to go and exercise. Let's see how I do once I get back to work. Also, I don't have any kids, so I don't have as much to do at home.

Kristin- I have scrapbooked before but would not call myself an addict. I do it on occasion when I am in the mood.

Congrats to all on their weight losses!!!!

Chim, I know how important it is, and I love to walk, but I've just started back to work, and I'm on my feet all day, and have not done this in 5 weeks, it's taking it's toll on me physically. It home and all I want to do is take a nap, but that's not happening. My son is wide awake and ready to play. Maybe next week will be better.

I know Lynette. It does take time to get acclimated to e'thing. Think about it...all of us just went through major surgery, not to mention all the pre-op stuff (tests, diets, emotional/mental work, etc.). Then, we're all getting used to Band life itself, then trying to get back to life itself. It is a bit much.

Maybe at work, just walk for 10 - 15 mins. It's okay to break it up in bits and pieces.