Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

This was really weird for me. I'm used to being in control, having a lot of strength and endurance. I felt feeble. I'm not sure if it was the surgery or if it is the lack of calories. I'm day 5 post op, and have probably had about 400 - 600 cals each day.

Kathy, I know the feeling. I did too much Monday and had to take some pain med and rest last night and today. We have to remember we are just 5 days post op. Surgery and anesthesia take it out of you no matter how you feel. I will definitely have to try the Soup Jeanie is going about. It sounds wonderful

Jeanie, I won't tell about the Beans but I did wonder. I figured you put them on top. I really made me smile. I love black Beans so it would have been good on top for me too. You obviously cook more than me. I have never been much of a cook and I am going to try doing more. My son is trying to eat healthier and lose weight since I had this surgery. He didn't really approve but he has been very supportive. I think my doing this has inspired him. If so, it is worth it no matter what the weight loss. I worry about him

Marcy, you are the busiest person I know..:) Must be that living in Alaska. I love fresh blueberries. I heard they were easy to grow. Maybe next year I will plant some and try. They cost an arm and a leg at the grocery store. I agree with Jeanie. This time before the first fill is healing time. My doc even lists mashed potatoes as a food when I get to soft/mushie stage. Hang in there. Did you take your measurements? You may be losing inches. I need to do my measurements but I have to go buy a tape measure first. I was in Walmart the other day and one of the things I wanted to buy was the tape measure. I just forgot. My focus has been off since surgery. But it is getting better every day.

Sunny, I know... I keep forgetting that it is only day 5. At least my boss is really supportive. She kept asking me yesterday and today how I was. If she had been in the room when I was setting up the party, she would have told me to stop.

I've read your's and Jeanie's posts about this bean mistake. Now I'm going to have to go read the recipe to understand it. I love Beans, so might make this mistake too.

Thanks a lot for the support.....I slept some this afternoon, got up and walked, walked and more walking due to a slight discomfort in my shoulders, but other than that, I just believe how good I feel. I'm not hungry (everyone else BBQ hamburgers around me) and have yet to use the restroom, but other than that, just sore.

My doctor called to see how I was doing and I thought that was nice, but I was resting at the time and my sister passed along the message that I was doing pretty good.

I just thanked God that I woke up and I knew I could deal with everything that came after.......lol

Going to go and rest some more, I'll let you all know how I'm doing tomorrow. Any word from the other 31st bandsters? Hope everyone is doing well and staying happy.

Celeste

Caolin, you are doing amazing for having surgery today. The rest is so important. I felt good and overdid and paid with a lot of discomfort. Hope you keep doing so well.

Movement, movement, movement is the best thing we can do for ourselves. I was so scared hearing stories from people who said weeks after surgery they still felt gas pains in their body - but I really feel by walking and moving so much it's saved me and it's helped bring my energy level higher.

Its amazing how much more energy I feel with the weight I've already lost. I can't wait to see how much more energy I have when I lose more weight.

Hey everyone!

Marcy, that's okay. I understand how it is, esp. when the computer goes on the fritz. I'm just glad you're doing really well.

Hello Sunny, Jeannie, Kathybad and Wrangler! I'm still sitting here at work, watching the clock. I'm ready to go home. 11pm can't get here fast enough. Last night was a little rough when I got home. I took some pain meds b/c my abdomen was sore from sitting up for 8 hrs straight. I slept very well and feel good today.

Walking for me has been great. I always feel better after I go for a little stroll. Nothing strenuous...just to keep myself moving.

Yes, we still need to remember we're still pretty fresh from surgery, no matter how good we feel. Our bodies will be quick to remind us when we overdo it, you know???

Thanks a lot for the support.....I slept some this afternoon, got up and walked, walked and more walking due to a slight discomfort in my shoulders, but other than that, I just believe how good I feel. I'm not hungry (everyone else BBQ hamburgers around me) and have yet to use the restroom, but other than that, just sore.

Going to go and rest some more, I'll let you all know how I'm doing tomorrow. Any word from the other 31st bandsters? Hope everyone is doing well and staying happy.

Celeste

That soreness gets a little better w/each day. I still have some and still carry my little blanket to brace my stomach, esp. if I laugh, cough, or sneeze. It really helps.

You're doing well.

Just thought I'd pop in and say I was a Lucky 7er. I was banded on July 4th! so it's almost been a month now. I'm doing okay, I had my first fill last week and am on solids now. But I seem to have hit a plato...

Just thought I'd pop in and say I was a Lucky 7er. I was banded on July 4th! so it's almost been a month now. I'm doing okay, I had my first fill last week and am on solids now. But I seem to have hit a plato...

Welcome Brumbie! Congrats on your banding. This is an awesome group. We're glad you popped in. Make yourself comfy. Tell us where you're from and where you had your surgery.

And don't be discouraged about the plateau. I'm sure we will all experience them on this journey. You just haven't found your sweet spot, yet. You'll get there!

Welcome Brumbie. I look forward to hearing how you do after your fill. I just had surgery on the 26th and I am learning from everyone.

Chim, I don't know how you sat up for 8 hrs. 2 1/2 about did me in. Good to know you are doing so well. I have been trying to move more too, nothing strenuous, just moving.

Gnite gang!

It's time for me to head on home for the evening. Yeah, Sunny, 8 hrs is rough on the tummy. I can't wait to get home. My bed (and pain med) is calling my name!!!

Kathy- what beautiful gestures those tatoos are! And yes, prayer works every time. You are so brave for going back to work and doing so much so soon! I have been slower than molasses.

Marcy- the blueberries and salmon sound great. I love picking blueberries, and salmon is my fish of choice along with tuna. My granny used to live on a farm when I was little and I remember the chicken slaughter. Sad but not as bad as pigs or lambs.

Dmjet- I have not tried any recipes yet because I am still on the liquid stage. I am trying to take advange of the fact I am not at all hungry and have been consuming less than 350 calories/day. I ate some SF jell-o for lunch today and felt so full, I couln't eat anything else for hours. But then DH made rice and shrimp for dinner, and it smells so wonderful, all I can think about now is food. Oh, well, my solid stage will come soon enough.

Evening everyone, haven't posted in a couple of days. Wow did I miss a lot. It has taken me forever to read all the pages of posts and I am still not caught up.

Haven't been on as I have been a little down the past couple of days and don't know quite why. I think maybe it is just settling from all the excitment and stuff of the past two weeks with surgery and everything. Just kinda coming back down to earth maybe. Anyone else having these feelings? :)

The weight loss as kind of tapered off and right now I am at a plateau. IT actually started when I began to eat mashed potatoes, so I am not too surprised. Today I was allowed to eat strawberries (YUM) and also eggs (Scrambled or hard boiled) baked potatoe, and canned fruit in lite or sugar free Syrup. So far I had strawberries, boy was that a treat and for dinner I made egg salad with the hard boiled eggs, fat free mayo that is low carb and a drop of mustard. YUMMMMM!!!! I didn't think I'd ever be so happy to eat eggs.

So I go to the doctor tomorrow for my two week post op and he will decided when my first fill will be. He will also hopefully take off the steri-strips as they are peeling and driving me nuts. I am curious as to where my port actually is.

Anyway, I'll check in tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well! July bandsters, we did it! Woo hoo!!! :) :whoo:

trippy_text_07_26_2007_22_09_08_94706.gif

weight.png

Banded July 18, 2007

Dr. Louis Fox, Richardson, TX

6/1/07 350

6/27/07 339

7/18/07 331

7/27/07 321

My doctor called to see how I was doing and I thought that was nice, but I was resting at the time and my sister passed along the message that I was doing pretty good.

I just thanked God that I woke up and I knew I could deal with everything that came after.......lol

Celeste

Caolin-I'm so glad everything is going so smoothly. Your surgery day events sound very much like mine. I was "surgerized" on the 27th and I can't believe how smoothly everything went. I still think I am the poster child for what a perfect surgery is like. I can only wish you the wonderful recovery period that I have had too.

Brumbie-:welcomeB:

:)