Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Laurends back, yeah!!! We're so glad you're back. That first step out of bed is a doosy isn't it. Hope you get better day by day.

ChickB13, welcome back to you. I remember seeing you post. You just couldn't stay away could ya.

JDKsbGirl, welcome to the Lucky 7's.

ronik26, love your commentary post on 'the easy way out'.:heh: Everyone here must give this as an example next time someone says it's the easy way out. I just can't wait to see their face when you're done talking!!!!

That was great.:):)

OK, how much gas do you think they put into you for this surgery:confused: I figured I'm 3 days out, been burping some (but afraid if I push to much I'll get sick or PB) and I've been walking outside 2 to 3 times a day, anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes each time. Tonight, I have had the worst gas pain in my shoulder area,:eek: I actually took a pain pill for it and had my DH massage it. Wasn't expecting it after all the walking I've done. Really strange. Hope it's the end of it.:phanvan I'm ready to be off the pain meds. Maybe then I can drive somewhere.:)

I think I'm heading to bed since the pain pill has kicked in, just in case I don't sleep well. At least I can get a head start.

Night all.:notagree

P.S. Did you all see they have an icon that represents me. :ranger:

Yes, that's Lynette sitting in front of her computer all day, writing to the Lucky 7's. Just think, everyday there will be more of us on line because all the new banders will be off work too, and you can't drive with the pain meds you're on, and you all will be so bored you'll have to come on and keep me company!!!

Oh BTW, I'm drinking Soup in that icon!! Don't do coffee unless it is half sugar, and half creamer!!

physller- Two weeks seem so close and yet so far away. I just found out today that is my date and asked my husband if he thought it was a lucky day. We agreed that it was! I live in the middle of Kansas, but am going to Kansas City for surgery (3 hours away). I have no pre op diet (thank goodness, not sure I could survive it) but do need to lose five pounds before surgery (so will have to make up my own). Age doen't matter it is only on the inside that counts.:high5:

Go July 20!!!:whoo:

Cherea - Thanks, I figured that, but I think that's for high doses. I specifically asked about Ibuprophin and he said that there wouldn't be a problem with that at all. I guess it all depends of the patient and what they need pain/anti-inflamitories for too. It's good to have it on the Bracelet anyway for extra precautions.

Ahhhhh, it's quiet! Husband took his parents AND the kids out! YEAH! But I only have a half hour left and I'm supposed to be packed when they get back! Hahaha!

I appreciate your kind words, and I could definitely use some support right now...

I have my operation on the 19th. I have just completed one week of a three week Optifast shakes-only diet. It is very miserable. I am trying so hard to keep motivated, but this diet makes me miss food SO MUCH. I am wondering if I can handle the lap band diet. I remind myself that once I have surgery, I won't feel hungry the way I do now, not in the least satisfied by these Meal Replacement shakes.

I do appreciate the support!

One week is fantastic! You will get into a zone and be fine. The more you semi-fast, the easier it is, truly, truly. By week 3 you'll be coasting. Not that this isn't hard. It is, and you're doing great. Keep us posted. And it's fine to complain...

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm back. It was four hours total from arriving at the surigical center to discharge. The surgery itself was probably an hour. I'm feeling great. I've had some chicken broth and popsicle. I've taken one short nap and been up walking as much as possible. Doctor wants me to have four ten minute sessions of walking. Tomorrow is supposed to be the harder day but I'm loving how good I feel today. I realize though that "head hunger" is going to be a problem. I came home and instant thought "oh my gosh, I can't EAT". I kinda freaked out at that and wondered if I had made a terrible mistake. I feel better now after some veggie broth and watching Project Runway (lol). But I'm going to have to deal with the head hunger issue. Thanks everyone for the good wishes! I'll let you know how tomorrow goes.

Hey, I was just thinking. There's been some comments on this being the "easy way out". I actually think of this as the most selfish thing I will ever do. Sure, I can see how the surgery will benefit others too, but THIS has been the big hurdle for me. I don't care if people think it's the easy way out...sometimes I even have that thought. SO WHAT?! It's a way out, and isn't that what we all want? We don't want to be obese, sick, tired, depressed, embarrassed, etc. anymore and if this is the way we choose to do it, then ROCK ON SISTERS (and BROTHERS)! It's taking OUR lives in our own hands and trying to make something better of it. If we end up at our goal weights does it really matter how we get there?

Just a little philosophy for the day....I need to go pack now!

Hi everyone!!

I am so excited!! Got my surgery date:D It will be July 19!!!

Boy there sure seems to be alot of July bansters!!:clap2:

Quoted post from marcyinak :

Hey, I was just thinking. There have been some comments on this being the "easy way out". I actually think of this as the most selfish thing I will ever do. Sure, I can see how the surgery will benefit others too, but THIS has been the big hurdle for me. I don't care if people think it's the easy way out...sometimes I even have that thought. SO WHAT?! It's a way out, and isn't that what we all want? We don't want to be obese, sick, tired, depressed, embarrassed, etc. anymore and if this is the way we choose to do it, then ROCK ON SISTERS (and BROTHERS)! It's taking OUR lives in our own hands and trying to make something better of it. If we end up at our goal weights does it really matter how we get there?

Marcy- I know that I have read about this being the "easy way out" and have received some criticism from people in my personal life stating the same. It really bugs me!!!

You know what I think this if far from the "easy way out" I could just bury my head in the sand and keep doing what I’m doing and that would be the real easy way out of living my life. I am trying to educate people in my life by letting them know that this is a "tool" to help me know how much to eat. At this point there is no feeling satisfied, I don’t know when to stop......You said it great when you said "Its taking our lives in our own hands"---Finally I am choosing to help myself to Live!!!

Chimboree, Please add me to the list too! I'm being banded on July 24!

This is a very busy group. I've been readin for what feels like hours now! Good luck to everyone!

What's up with this swollen looking PG stomach thing? How long is that going to last? And what can I do to get rid of all the gas?

Thanks everyone who replied about the pre-op diet... I'd call you by name but I'd have to go back soooo many pages to find you! I'm thinking I need to do the 12 day plan with one soild meal. The way I have been eating I should have no trouble losing 10 lbs. I am so ready to get this done. I need a tool that will help me to not binge. I slept right through the 4th on a self induced carb binge. Not good for my blood sugar.

as for the question in an earlier post... yes I've been ashamed and embarrased by being overweight. My DH can just throw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and look great while I change clothes a dozen times trying to find something decent to where that doesn't make me feel like a cow. He say it doesn't matter to him but it does to me. I know I will feel better and look better 70lbs down from now!

Take care everybody.

Renee

cherrybomb, Wonderful to hear how well you are doing!!! Keep us posted on any interesting tidbits!

Lynette, sorry you were uncomfortable this evening! I am sure it will get better each day and by the time I go in, you will be feeling great and ready to dispense advice and expertise!!!!! Hang in there! I am sure I will NEED you!!!!