Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Laurend- Have a great vacation.

Lynette- Another 3 lbs gone forever. Rock on!

Chim- I wish I had seen the cinnamon vita-band. Cinnamon is a favorite flavor of mine. I will look for them next bottle. Your day is coming so soon now. Yeah!

Jeanie- What a beautiful new nephew. Congratulations. I just love new babies.

Lindaa-I'm sorry about the flaws in your experience and poor DH.

To all who are loving fit day. Also check out SparkPeople.com. It's a very supportive interactive site with a similar journal. exercise and weight loss graph. I think you'll like it.

Back to packing the trailer and a trip to costco. food is going to be a bear for me this camping trip. My appetite is coming back very well day by day. Are toasted marshmallows a mushy....lol?!

AppleBlossom- Thanks for the kind remarks! He is cute! Now, about that marshmallow ... I won't tell, if you won't tell, lol!

Hello All:

I didn't get out of the hospital til today at 3:00pm, so I'm glad to be back with all my bandster friends.

I'm back and had surgery, but unfortunately NO BAND.

Heres what happened: at 5:30am on Monday the hospital called and asked if I could come in asap to be the first surgery at 7:30. Got to the hospital at 6:30, into the OR at 7:30am.

I don't remember what time I awoke in the Recovery Room, with my surgeon standing over me to tell me, she'd gone in and was unable to put in the band because of other problems that needed work. I was half out of it.

The next day she explained what happened. When she went in with the instrument to go around - she accidently perforated my esophagus and liver. She was unable to do the band, because she needed to do the repair work.

...And, from all indications, I think because of the scar tissue in that area, I am not a good candidate for the band.

But, otherwise - I'm in pretty good spirits - glad to be alive - and uh, well - there's always plan b. Though I haven't quite figured out what that is yet.

Even though I'm not an official bandster anymore, I still plan on staying along for the journey with my friends. Is that okay?

AppleBlossom, I was on Sparkpeople for a while last year after leaving the Biggest Loser club. A lot from that web site went to sparkpeople because it was free. It is a nice place, but I never did any journaling.

MsPris, That is soooo sad! You had to be bummed, but it isn't worth sacrificing your life for!!! I would most definitely like you to stick around here with us!!!!! We can at least support and lend some advice/ideas for each other!!!! What is your Plan B????? I feel so bad for you! You mean when they cut you, they did all that damage???? Did you have those type of problems before? Has to be frustrating to go through all of this and come home empty handed! Keep us posted and don't give up!

MsPris, I'm so sorry to hear about your surgery. My condolences to you, but you must stay and chat with us, along as your ok with it, we'll be happy to have you here anytime. So is there no hope later? Maybe you just need to heal for a while. I can't imagine what your feeling, but we're sure glad you are ok after everything you went through.

Linda, Tink and Appleblossom, glad things are going so well and that surgery went well.

Lynette, I am so glad to hear you are doing better. We can all learn from you experiences. I have been reading yours and dmtjet's conversation about Protein and have learn a great deal. My surgery is in a week, can you believe it, and I need to start stocking up.

Hi dmtjet.

I went for my pre-op today... chest xray, 6 tubes blood, ekg and final md visit before surgery. I asked him why some people are on strict pre-op and post-op and other aren't. He mentioned about shrinking the liver, but the liver never has presented a problem to him. He figures he is just used to it. He said he is more realistic. Most people are not going to adhere to a strict diet post op. If they could do that they wouldn't need the surgery. He recommend normal diet, just smaller amounts, limiting those things you shouldn't have such as sweets, ice cream, junk food, fast food. Listen to your stomach, stop when you feel full, not stuffed. Proteins and veggies first, then fruit and then, if you have room, a little bit of starch. Just drink 64 oz Fluid a day and 60 gm Protein. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Betty, welcome to the Lucky 7's.

We're in a bit of a shock right now due to some sad news from one of our Bandsters, but we are a very suppotive group to be around. We're excited you found us.

Sunshine, my only Sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are gray. You'll never know dear, how much we love you, Please don't take our Sunshine away. Hi SUNNY!! I hate doing it in Yellow as it never shows up.

Jeanie & Lynette:

I am a little bummed out, but surprisingly in good spirits. Yes, my surgeon was very honest and told me it was her fault. I think that because of all the repair work around the esophagus, and the ensuing scar tissue will be where the band usually goes...I guess she doesn't think it's a viable option. She said, just get better and we can discuss our other options for the future.

I was initially bummed out, but I'm a big believer in the motto, "everything happens for a reason." A mistake happened, I can't change it, so I'm trying not to stress about it.

But I do plan on sticking around here. You guys are like family.