Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Chim, that's great the Dr. recognized you, and new your date was coming up. That's reassuring that you're not just another number to him!!

Brandy, welcome back. Sounds like you're heading in the right direction.

Welcome to Bandland.

Dmtjet, I love that name, Haydan. You'll have to get some pics up of him soon!!

Tinkerball, 5 days before bowels moved for me. You figure liquids in, liquids out so give it a few more days.

lindaa, sorry your experience wasn't everything you had expected it to be. I know it's a hard choice when you're self pay, because the price is so much more affordable. I'm just glad you are a nurse and could help them out with your own care when needed. Did you find someone local to do your fills?

Phyl, I'm going to look for that Syrup when I go to Krogers. What foods did you find it next too, or in what area?

hi there just noticed you are from the uk. i am due to get my band on Tues. absolutely panicing as the people i am going through have not given me much support they seem to be very layed back or maybe its just me. any advice welcomed

sheelagh

I'm a reality show junkie too. I love Survivor, in fact, I'm friends with one of the past contestents...Rafe from Guatemala. I knew him before he went on Survivor and the show didn't change him at all. He's still one of the sweetest guys around.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. I have to be at the hospital at 6AM for blood work. I'll be staying over night at the hospital so I'll check in on Thursday after i get back. Thanks to everyone for the prayers and well wishes.

I love Survivor. I;ve watched every season since Season 2. We saw season 1 in reruns. Every Thursday night when its on is our date night to watch Survivor. We used to tape it, put the kids to bed and sit in the bedroom eating sushi, drinking sake and watching Survivor. Now, we'll just have to switch to sashimi !!!

I remember Rafe. He was my favourite to win. He seems like a really nice man.

I also like Pirate Master, Amazing Race, Apprentice and 24. Those are my favourite shows.

Chim, Thanks, he is something! Just sooo sweet!!!! I have 10 nephews and 1 niece. So not really my first, but there hasn't been a baby in our family for 5 years, so this is just soooo cool!!!! Plus, this brother lives close by, so I get to see his kids more than the other ones.

Hello Everyone,

I'm back from my pre-op appointment. I met the anestheiologist at the surgical center. He was nice and the place was very clean and nice looking. Then I had an appointment with my surgeon. He was really running behind on appointments. Like 2hrs. So this morning thing took all day long. However, after today I am much calmer about everything.

About the DaVinci syrups if ya'll have "World Market" in your area they

have a large selection.

I asked my surgeon if the lapband he uses has two sizes, cause I wanted to know how he decides the size. He said he uses a new one that only comes in one size. He said he has been using it for 6mths.

I saw this new band when I was searching the web Tues. I saw it on a Dr.s website that was on Obesityhelp.com. On his site he said he was the only Dr. using it. I guess he ain't. Anybody know about this new band, anybody have it?

Well, I had my two-week post-op check up yesterday. The surgeon said everything looked good and that I was cleared to go swimming and to take sit-down baths, so that was great to hear. Lots of driving, though. My mom and I drove to Memphis on Tuesday, and drove back on Wednesday (about 6 hours one-way). I made the 3 1/2 hour drive up to my apartment in Kentucky today, since I hadn't been there in about 4 weeks, so that's where I'm at now. Tomorrow, I get to drive back, just in time to go on the family vacation.

laurend, congrats on the good report! Nice to hear from you!!!! Vacation sounds wonderful!!!! Always nice to get away for awhile! Can you believe this surgery stuff is all over and we are on with our lives? I can hardly phathom that!!!!!!! Hard to believe!!!

Mango, it's AP band. The only diffeence is that the tube inside that gets inflated is I believe 360 degrees, instead of the others that do not inflate around where the band is closed together.

I believe Dr. Curry in Cincinnati has ben using it. He was my second choice for surgery in my area. I think the tubing has ridgesin ti too, instead of being smooth.

There are some threads on here that show the difference. You may want to use the Search up on top of this page and see what you can find there. Good Luck.

dmtjet, that didn't take long to get a pic up there at all. He's precious.

Thanks, Lynette, I am a little biased!!!! My brother and his wife are so open to people being around and all and you just feel like he is your own! He is a special little guy!!!! He looks much bigger on that picture than he really is! He is a little thing!!! Nice size for a baby, 6 pounds 13 ounces, and 18 3/4 inches long, but nonetheless, little for me!!!!!

It really is hard to believe that I'm banded. I had been trying and trying (without much success) to get the surgery approved since October, and it wound up happening so fast. I'm about ready to scream at my dad, though. He keeps asking if I should eat certain foods, telling me that I've had enough, etc. All the while, of course, he has a plate or glass of fattening, greasy, high calorie food in front of him. It's really starting to piss me off.

Yeah, Laurend, I have had a few people do that already too! I don't like it much and have told them that I am following my doctor's orders. It seems to refocus them! I don't know why people always think you need their two cents! We didn't ask for it!!! I know most people mean well, but I don't tell them what to eat or how to eat it! I am a big girl and I really think I can handle it on my own. Besides, when someone tells me what to do, I tend to the exact opposite!!!! I do have a stubborn streak!

Laurend, So I don't forget ... 253 for me this week! I doubt I will go any further by tomorrow, lol!:faint:

Lynette - Thanks!

Chim - About the rude GNC dude. If he ask you why you have to have this and you can't use that, Look him straight in the eye, expressionless and say,

"Because it makes me invisible."