Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Jeanie, I think doing the liquids yesterday did me good and I'm feeling much better. Move me down 3 more lbs. I also only did 2 shakes, 1 Soup, and at dinner I had a 1/4 cup of beefaroni,1/4 cup mashed potatoes (homemade with just a tad of butter) so not many caloires, and I walked last night for 25 minutes. Must of help out with the loss today.

See, now that is the first I heard of the Isolate, as opposed to concentrate. I will have to investigate that one. Is it on the label? My doc was at Walter Reid Hospital prior to coming here and did these there for years. It is new in our area! I am patient number 40, since last January (07)!

Lynette, how awesome on the loss!!!! Supper sounds good too! Are you finding yourself feeling full all the time? I usually am and if not if I have a glass of V8 or some drink, it usually subsides. So not bad!

I don't have much restriction either, maybe that's another reason why I got into so much trouble the other night, even though I tried to portion out things on my plate to what looked to be the right amount. Who knows, I'm passed it and ready to move on today.

Heading to clean up my sons room now, it's such a mess and I've waited far too long to do this because of that reason. It will probably take a while, but I'll check back in a little bit when I sit him down for lunch.< /p>

Hope you're having a great day!!

Do you have any signs of your troubles yesterday? Sore or uncomfortable at all? I haven't had any of that happen to me yet, but like my husband said when I told him about everyone having things going on ~ he says my day is coming! Which I have no doubt that is true! It is only a matter of time, til you see exactly how much power the band has! Nonetheless, not really looking forward to it! Sounds awful!!!

Hi Everyone!

Just want to check in and let you know that I am back. I am exhausted--more from the trip and not eating than the suregey itself I think. I will post later with advice for people going to Tijuana, but for now just know that your encouragement and advice made all the difference for me! As they were wheeling me into surgery I just kept thinking of all of you that went befoe me. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Yes, the powder I have says Jay Robbs Unflavored whey Protein Isolate Powder. In the ingredients are 100% Whey Protein Isolate and Lecithin.

That's it. Supposedly the body absords this protein better, it's the purest you can get out there.

Lynette, Yes, you have a good day too!

I got a brand new little nephew yesterday! He is absolutely beautiful ... 6 lbs. 13 ozs. and 18 3/4 inches long ... Haydan! He is such a sweetie!!!!! I'm going to visit him in a little bit again today!

Don't overdo it today!!!! ... quit beating yourself up over yesterday too! We will all do it! Hey, I am sure most of this will be just that ... trial and error! Plus, it seems that what works for one, doesn't for another! I don't see how you can possibly really know!!!! Enjoy your day and give Hunter a hug from his Aunt Jeanie, lol!!!!!!:)

Way to go lindaa, and thinking of all of us and you went in. You're sweet. Have a quick recovery, and check in later!!

Jeanie, no signs today that anything happened on Tuesday evening, but I do think the light day of liquids helped yesteday. I feel like I did before I ever went to IHOP.

Hope no one ever has a day like that. I don't wish the pain, the agony of doing harm to the band, or the worring about another possible surgery on anyone!!!

hello all july bandsters, especially those banded on july 17th. I haven´t been able to post for quite a while. My computer at home needs to be fixed and while I have a Blackberry, I cant access this whole site nor can I reply to it.

Finally Im in a hotel where I can access the boards but since its a Mexican keyboard I cant find certain things, like apostrophes. So please excuse.

Ive been able to skim quickly the last 2 boards (people are waiting to use this machine), and everyone sounds real up. Lynette I couldnr find the orginal source of your discomfort. You ate a pancake by mistake and it backed up on you? Were you very ill from that? Sorry, Im sure you explained already but I couldnt find it.

I was banded in Monterrey Mexico by Dr. Rumbaut on Tuesday. Everything has gone very, very well so far. 24 hours after surgery I walked through a huge mall. Today Im going to a museum and an antique center. If I get too tired I will come back to the hotel.

I think that Dr. Rumbaut and his team are very strong. All the docs and the dietician are expert, professional and warm. It seems to me their overall program is very good. My only criticism is that the nurses in the hospital (which, btw is beautiful, much nicer thanhere) dont speak English and one has to keep getting someone to translate. The hospital plans to remedy the situation by putting all the international patients on the same floor and keeping a translator on the floor. The nurses are already getting English lessons. So that was frustrating, especially since Im here by myself.

It seems that many if not most U.S. hospitals do the procedure out patient. I have to say Im glad I was in the hospital overnight. Theres a lot going on, you are in discomfort but everytime the doctor comes by you learn something more and youre being watched carefully and tended to. So I valued that and would have wanted it even if I had someone with me. Then 2 more nights at the hotel and home the next day.

So far Im drinking liquids and thats okay. I still could eat, meaning I do have an appetite, but I wont. Im committed to making this work and through the followup support from Dr. Rumbaut (who also had the lapband) and all of you guys, I know I will.

I would love to stay on and really message back and forth but Im using the hotels computer and have to get off. I will try to get back in later today.

Its interesting I wasnt the least bit nervous about the surgery and those of you who have the surgery coming up - go in confidently. This is really an important thing we re doing for ourselves and our families.

Chimboree, Good for you!!! I wouldn't want to deal with those GNC people either, but unfortunately most of what we need is from there or somewhere similar!!!! I did find another alternative ... Vitamin World. I love the vanilla Protein Drink from there, didn't care for strawberry and didn't try the chocolate ... was buy one, get one too! Whey Protein Powder, 2 lb. container, 1 scoop is 18 g. Protein.< /div>

I tried something different this morning and put a shot of DaVinci sugar free Raspberry flavoring in my protein drink. The kind that is designed for coffee drinks... lattes, etc. It was yummy!!

Kristin, good luck!!!!!

Chim, just went to Fit Day, oh how cool is that. I started my journal and my food for the day. Love to log it in there, instead of on a sheet at home. Hope it will be ok with the dietician, but I love to be able to customize the food I'm eating to add up the calories. Awesome. Going to be on there today getting all my favorite foods logged in so they are set up. It will go quicker later on. and I put in my weight today, 215, and told them I wanted to weigh 132 by my birthday next year, 6/17/08, and it figured I have to lose 1.74 lbs a week to reach my goal by my birthday. I can do this!!!

I LOVE FitDay, too, Lynette. I've been using it for several years, so a couple of years ago I decided to just buy the software so I didn't necessarily have to be online to use it. Of course, I've always used it in spurts.... the up & down yo yo thing! This time I'll be sticking with it for the long haul!!

So glad to hear you are feeling better this morning!

Yes, the powder I have says Jay Robbs Unflavored Whey Protein Isolate Powder. In the ingredients are 100% Whey Protein Isolate and Lecithin.

That's it. Supposedly the body absords this protein better, it's the purest you can get out there.

Did you say you get that Jay robb protein at Walmart? ? I forgot & I'm sure its about a million pages back!