Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Please tell me what PHAT really means. I think I might be behind.

Patti C

PHAT = Pretty Hot And Tempting.

~*Ash*~

I had my surgery July 12 (last Thursday). I have been amazed with how well everything has went. You all told me to just walk and walk as soon and as much as I could. I have had the gas pains, but not bad at all and if I just get up and walk a little bit they have immediatly gone away. So if I have any advice for anyone getting ready to be banded, JUST WALK! I have also had the great news this morning that I have lost 7 pounds since my surgery. It is so modifational. That helps with any little pains I do get. Today I got to have applesauce, yogurt, SF pudding, and runny mashed potatoes added to my choices of food. This is suppose to last for 14 days and then I get mushy stuff. Let me tell you that applesauce never tasted so good. But I could only eat less than half a cup before I was full. I guess that is a good thing. My main problem is not drinking Water an hour before and an hour after a meal. Also none with my meal. I have just caught myself doing it absent mindedly. Got to find a way to get that to my attention. Oh well, thanks for listenly and thanks for all of the encouragement, ideas, and experiences you all share so openly and honestly. You are my special friends that I think of and pray for every day.

Patti C

AshRae, I'm glad you weren't thinking I was wanting one now. We're just trying to come up with something for our tees next year. I do agree, it would definitely draw more attention to someone bigger to wear this. Who would of thought they'd even make those in 2x,3x.

Patti C. "PHAT"= Pretty Hot And Tempting. Dini has a friend that will make up some tees for us for our cruise next year. I was joking and said I'd like something like "Hot" or "PHAT" on the tee. Then I came up with the line, "Used to be FAT and now I'm PHAT" to put on them. We're just kidding around.

Danny, glad you feeling full these days. It doesn't take much after you can eat a little substance. My DH will not have to suffer much more. Going to my 1st Dr. visit tomorrow, and if all goes well, I guess I'll have to 'give it up'. Hey, what's this with the "Men have needs and being deprived"!!!! Us women have needs to you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great hearing from you. Keep up the great work. Is is weird seeing a new face in the mirror???

Lynette, I know you have been over this before, but I did not write it down. What info needs to be on the Medic Alert braclets about our surgery? I wanted to get that picked out and ordered. Thanks,

Patti C

AshRae, I'm glad you weren't thinking I was wanting one now. We're just trying to come up with something for our tees next year. I do agree, it would definitely draw more attention to someone bigger to wear this. Who would of thought they'd even make those in 2x,3x.

Patti C. "PHAT"= Pretty Hot And Tempting. Dini has a friend that will make up some tees for us for our cruise next year. I was joking and said I'd like something like "Hot" or "PHAT" on the tee. Then I came up with the line, "Used to be FAT and now I'm PHAT" to put on them. We're just kidding around...

Hey Lynette! We finally caught each other! :clap2: And BTW, I love the phat line (Used to be fat, but now I'm phat!). It makes me think of the Baby Phat clothing line.

Dini, that is so awesome!!! T-shirts. How neat is that???

I had my surgery July 12 (last Thursday). I have been amazed with how well everything has went. You all told me to just walk and walk as soon and as much as I could. I have had the gas pains, but not bad at all and if I just get up and walk a little bit they have immediatly gone away. So if I have any advice for anyone getting ready to be banded, JUST WALK! I have also had the great news this morning that I have lost 7 pounds since my surgery. It is so modifational. That helps with any little pains I do get. Today I got to have applesauce, yogurt, SF pudding, and runny mashed potatoes added to my choices of food. This is suppose to last for 14 days and then I get mushy stuff. Let me tell you that applesauce never tasted so good. But I could only eat less than half a cup before I was full. I guess that is a good thing. My main problem is not drinking Water an hour before and an hour after a meal. Also none with my meal. I have just caught myself doing it absent mindedly. Got to find a way to get that to my attention. Oh well, thanks for listenly and thanks for all of the encouragement, ideas, and experiences you all share so openly and honestly. You are my special friends that I think of and pray for every day.

Patti C

Patti, Glad you are doing so well!!! I can't wait until I join ya'll. I have 9 more days!!! Wooohooo!!!

I know that feeling of "I just cannot wait". But it will be here before you know it. I started planning and scheduling and working with the insurance company in February and July 12th finallly got here. I am so excited for you.

Patti C., my Bracelet reads

Gastric Band w/Abdominal Port

No NG Tube w/o Scope

No NSAIDS/Aspirin/Allergies

Dr. Name and Phone Number

If you have allergies, you can posts these on there. Where are you getting yours?

Hey Chimboree, we're on, together, at last. How are you doing today???

Doing great! I'm so glad this infection is going bye-bye! I have my final appt on Thursday w/my surgeon and then my sleep study on Saturday. Wow. It's only 9 days away!!!! :) I remember counting down and it was 47 days away. Wow. That time flew by.

I really don't know. I just kinda remembered that you all had talked about we needed to have one, so since I am off I thought I needed to look into it and get it ordered.

Chimboree, the next days will fly by with all thr pre op appointments, and your sleep study. Then you'll be on the Loser's Bench with all of us.</p> <p>WooHoo. Glad your at the end of your infection.

Patti C, I got mine at Americanmedical-id.com. They are pretty plain, but I wanted the 10K gold. It also has my nane on the front. They have pretty beaded ones at Laurenshope.com. Chimboree got hers there.

Thanks, I will get that checked out. And yes this time I wrote it down. We go through so many pages on this site that I knew it would be easier to just ask again than to try to look back and find it. And I was right.

I also wanted to ask you about something else. I have a good friend who I have dieted with for years and she has ask me if I could set up some kind of a site to post a daily journal about what I do each day and any changes that occur. I thought it might be good therapy to try to do something like that. What do you think? I don't have any idea how to set it up, but I do have a good friend who would probably help me. Do you think that it might help someone else to read about what the surgery was like and the daily challenges?

Patti C

Thanks, I will get that checked out. And yes this time I wrote it down. We go through so many pages on this site that I knew it would be easier to just ask again than to try to look back and find it. And I was right.

I also wanted to ask you about something else. I have a good friend who I have dieted with for years and she has ask me if I could set up some kind of a site to post a daily journal about what I do each day and any changes that occur. I thought it might be good therapy to try to do something like that. What do you think? I don't have any idea how to set it up, but I do have a good friend who would probably help me. Do you think that it might help someone else to read about what the surgery was like and the daily challenges?

Patti C

Hi PattiC! I know you asked Lynette, but I know there's a journal feature on here that I've started. Just look up on the functions menu...you'll see HOME, USERCP, GALLERY, JOURNALS. Just click there and get started. You can let others view it if you like.

Patti C., that is a great idea. If you scroll all the way up to the top of this page you will see it says Journals. Click in this and you can set up your own. You post on it just like you do here. It shouldn't be too hard to set up, but I'm sure you or your friend can get it up and running.

Good Luck with it.