Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Rainer, I was having the same problem with feeling really tired. I've started my chewable vitamins and it seems to help a bit. I also switched to a more substantial Soup today (creamy tomato). I eat less of it, but it is soooo much more fullfilling! They had told me Clear Liquids only for the first week, but I just can't take it anymore!!!

Dmtjet, I'm so glad to know I'm not alone with this whole chest pain thing. Are you having trouble catching your breath sometimes? It's getting better, but far from gone.

Dieka, Where are you in Nor Cal? I'm San Jose. Nice to have another local on the board! :o

Ash, good luck at work tomorrow!

Thanks to all for the continued encouragement and support. I'm trying to keep up!!! Gotta go rest up for my first day back in the office. Hoping for a quiet day (yeah, like that'll happen!).

Good luck to everyone on deck for tomorrow! :clap2:

Sorry I've been so out of touch. I was on vacation and then my computer crashed - completely. So I'm here in Monterrey Mexico just with a Blackberry, which makes it very hard to read the threads. I hope everyone who had surgery last week is doing well. It is so frustrating not reading your accounts, you have no idea! I'm having my pre-op testing this morning with Dr. Rumbaut and then an appointment with him this afternoon to review the surgery tomorrow. I have to fast this morning until the tests are done and then liquids until the surgery. This should be easy since I've treated the past 3 weeks like the Last Supper! I'm nervous but excited and know I've made the right decision for me. The only tension right now is the Hamptons Inn where I've been put up. It's in a strip mall shopping center and the surrounding area is a highway where you wouldn't want to take a walk. The hotel is somewhat grimy, the staff at the front desk don't speak English that well, there's really no lobby, no restaurant. Not at all like a Hamptons Inn in the States. The mattress and pillows are terrible and it's impossible to keep the bottom sheet tucked in, although I keep trying. So I did not sleep well last night. I had hoped there would be a park to walk in but it's all a commercial busy highway. Lynette, how are you doing? Yours is the only name I can remember, this is so frustrating! Again, I hope all went well and is going well with the July bandsters!

Ash, good luck at work tomorrow!

Thanks to all for the continued encouragement and support. I'm trying to keep up!!! Gotta go rest up for my first day back in the office. Hoping for a quiet day (yeah, like that'll happen!).

Good luck to everyone on deck for tomorrow! :clap2:

Thanks! Same to you! I'm here now, and so far so good. Just tired!!!

~*Ash*~

reconciler, I'm doing great this morning, unlike how you sound. I'm so sorry it's not wht you've expected it to be, but give it a chance, and just think, tomorrow you'll be in Bandland like the rest of us. Good Luck on you pre op testing and try to relax today, maybe do a little shopping in the strip mall.

All will be well, you'll see, and you'llbe home before you know it.

Kathybad, your guys are beautiful, and I can't wait to see the new family with all 4 of your after the adoption of your daughter is completed. I love the old kitchen, so you'll have to post one of the new one when you're done. That stinks about the flooring guys. Why the no show?? Have they even tried to contact you?? Hope today goes better for you.

Chimboree, I knew as soon as I signed off you would be the next post. I was so tires, but it sounds like you were too. Maybe we'll get to catch up tonight. Have a good one today.

Sorry Ashrae, I was thinking you were getting the band today!!! My bad, you're back to work today. Take it easy, and maybe you can get a little cat nap in when you get home!!! Sorry for my mix up!!

Reconciler, good luck with everything! :whoo: I can't imagine being away from home and in a strange place! I would definitely have a panic attack!!!! :nervous YIKES!!! Do you have someone with you? I hope so, that will help you out a lot! Let us know how it all goes!!!!:D I am sure all will go well and it is soooo worth it! I feel better than I have in years and it is only a week today!!!! :whoo:

:)bms, don't worry! Really it isn't that bad! There are some situations that aren't the most comfortable, but I really can't say I had a lot of "pain", more like inconveniences!! ... and a little "uncomfortable"!!! Otherwise, nothing to fret about!!! Let us know how it goes!!! Good luck with it all! It will be over before you know it!

:sickjackie, hope you are not getting a cold! I agree with Lynette and Dini, I would keep after my doctor and see if they can give you something! That is what they are there for!!!! It is especially important with your facing surgery that you feel well going into it! I have had luck with Nightime NyQuil, Coricidin HBP, and Vicks Head and Chest. But I am also taking allergy meds regularly. Hope you are feeling better very soon!:eek:

Chimboree, you better slow down, Girl!!!! You're wearing US out!!!!! :faint:We can't catch you on much and you seem to be the busiest girl!!!! Nah, actually, I hope you are having fun!!!! I can't wait to start going out and doing some things. It is nice being home and just taking short trips out and about, but I am ready for some excitement, lol!

Kathy, your men are beautiful!!!! :embarassed: Your "man" isn't bad either, lol!

Your son looks so much like your hubby!;) You will have to post your little girl's pic when she is officially yours!;) Where is she from?

Your kitchen will be soooo worth the mess, but I am sure this timing is making it a little stressful for you! I know I wanted everything done and ready before I went in for my surgery and I would've been stressed had the house been torn up with construction. Hey, and I can't wait to see pics of your new kitchen!!! The old one doesn't look to shabby either!!!! ;) Keep us posted!

:)icybreeze, I know what you mean about cream soups!!! They do make such a difference! Keep you full much longer and much more satisfying overall! My chest gets that heavy feeling after I "eat", and sometimes after I drink! Depends on how much! Hope you had a good day back at work! I am sooo glad I am not going back yet! I don't think any of my clothes would go around my stomach! I am soooo bloated! LOL:eek:

:embarassed:Dini and Lynette, Hey, not doing what you are eluding to! No, don't think that would be possible. Sore and puffy! Probably couldn't even get close enough, lol! Just cuddly and sweet stuff! Actually, the stuff I like and he would rather move past, lol! But nice to be able to slow him down for awhile, lol!!!!! :P

:)Dini, I will happily be your online Mom! I am sure your mom loves you to death! Some people have a hard time showing their feelings, unfortunately, I have trouble NOT showing my feelings!!!! I am sooo an open book, lol!!!!! :o

:embarassed:Lynette, Chimboree, and Sunny, I need sisters!!!!! I have 3 younger brothers, which I love dearly, but I would love to have a sister! My mom is wonderful and fills in as a sister sometimes, lol! ... Still ... I could certainly use some online sisters, lol!!!! Are you all up to it, lol?????

Well, I think I have caught up on all I missed!!!!! Should get going on my day! Need to pay some bills and straighten up a little. Did some laundry and need to hang it on the line! I will check back in a little while!!!!! Enjoy your day!!!!!:)

dmtjet, I wasn't thinking IT was going on, just meant that if I got too cuddly, then my DH might take that as a sign that I was ready for IT, and I don't want to be sending any mixed signals to him, that was all I meant by that.

But I am curious as to whether anyones Dr. gave them a time limit as to how long you should wait? I know mine just said whenever I was ready, but you can be mentally ready, but not physically, so it's hard to tell.

Have a great day, as I'm heading to Walmart to get some flavored water packs. They have this Cherry Limeaide that is really good!!

Thanks guys!!! I do have to mention that I got on the scales here at work today (I work in a medical clinic), and I've lost 13 lbs!!!! So that definitely makes it worthwhile!

~*Ash*~

dmtjet, I almost forgot, I'd love to be your cyber sis. It's funny, but I consider everyone here family already. I've talked about this surgery more with all of you than I have my own sister and mother. It's going to be interesting to see how my sister reacts to this. She has never talked to me about it, she did call me the day after surgery to see how I was feeling, and that was it. She is overweight too, heavier than I, and maybe if she sees how it's going to change my life, she'll look into it for herself too. She's 3 years older than me, and she's tried everything too to lose the weight.

I think she's just giving up at this point. We're not real close, but hopefully she'll watch me get it together and try it for herself. I'd love to be a role model for her. She followed in my footsteps when it came to Lasic eye surgery, now maybe she'll follow again. Just don't want to push it on her, but hope she comes to me for advice on it some day.

Ashrae, WOW, 13 lbs is great!!! Way to go. I'm down 14, but hope to lose 1 more before I go to Dr. tomorrow. I didn't weigh this morning, so hopefully it will be there tomorrow!!!