Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi Jeanie, I am busy trying to de-junk my house. My cousin is coming to stay a couple of days with me after surgery. She had the surgery in May. Just trying to super clean before then. I check in and out now and then.

Good Luck for all of you being banded tomorrow Lainy, DarLaur, SunshineSonya, SweetJephy, Lindaa, RRKeithsGirl, HollySue, Coltonwade, and Ms. Pris.

Hi Lynette. Sounds like you had fun fishing. I love to fish but I hate to catch catfish. I don't eat them and I don't want to catch them. I live on a river and every time I tried to fish off the dock I would catch these ugly, slimy, evil looking eels. Gross!!! Have to troll up and down the shore in a boat or go to the lake to catch anything.

nurse76, sounds like getting out the house is just what the Dr. ordered for you. Glad you had an easy night at work.:D

mango, I was allowed to stairs the first day after surgery. I think it helps with the gas too. It wasn't bad at all.

dieka, glad you're feeling better:), but you actually had 2 surgeries, so you got a double dose of gas. This is probably why you're swelling so much.:cry

Sunny, we never keep what we catch when we fish. I don't know anything about fileting and cooking fish, so I only eat fish out, like at Red Lobster. Well, I've made a few items at home like Salmon, but that's about it.

Good Luck again to tomorrow bandsters, and any on Tuesday that may be leaving today.:clap2:

I just woke up from a 3 hour nap :omg:with my son, now that's what I call lazy. I don't think I would of got out of bed if it wasn't for the fact that I've only had 3 meals/snacks today and have 3 more to get in and it's already 7:30 PM.:o

BobbertsMom, I am sooooo glad I don't have your doctor!!!! Yikes!!! What a rude man!!!! I am not sure how to deal with that one!!! Probably as little as possible!

Kathy, it is soooo awesome that you are adopting this little girl!!!! Your family will be soooo greatly blessed! It sounds like you are enjoying each and every one of them!!!

unruhlyhd, wrangler, ribearty, I know what you mean about panic attacks ... it was so bad after my surgery that I felt like I was going to run out of my room and right out the door (actually, I told them right before to put me out or I'd be outta there ... the one nurse, said that's your choice ... I said not at this point ... let's just do it!)! I get like that, I have an overactive vagal nerve and tend to "feel" everything more intense than the average person! Not fun, but I can tell you that actually now looking back, I have no idea why I felt that way, because it really wasn't even a little bit as bad as I expected!!!! Hang in there, go through with it, you will be glad you did!!! I know, I am!

jackie506, lol!!! You dream what we all think every day!!!! LOL, what a hoot!!!!

Christy, glad you found a Protein Drink that works for you! Quite important when that is all you are getting, how 'bout it???? Lynette is always good for advice and tips!!!!!

mango, I forgot about Ann Wilson!!! Yeah, and Sharon Osbourne had hers removed. Not sure what that was all about!!! You have panic attacks too? Aren't they awful???? Actually, I think I may have some of it contributed to anesthesia, because after my thyroid surgery I reacted the same!!!! Not sure, but honestly wasn't too bad!!!!

Oh and I hate when "little" people go on and on about how "fat" they are!!!! Almost feels like an insult to those around that aren't small! And today, I ordered a cup of chili at a restaurant ... the waitress asked me if I had gastric bypass. I said no, lapband!!! But she said it so everyone in the restaurant could hear her, I felt like bopping her alongside the head!!!!! It might be fun to say, I may be fat, but you are just ugly ... and rude!!!!!!

icybreeze, yeah, I have the gas and the chest pains too. Not so much chest pains as pressure and pinges when I drink and eat. They kind of travel!!!! I hate the shoulder pains!!! They are awful!!! Still, luckily, less and less each day!

dieka - yes, my stomach seems to go down over night and starts swelling back up throughout the day!!!! I almost look pregnant, lol! Not sure what that is all about! Glad I don't have to return to work ... I know I have lost, but not sure how my clothes would fit around my waist!!!!

Finally, good luck to everyone that goes tomorrow!!!!! We can't wait to hear how things go!!!!

Sunny, when you are through de-junking your house, come to mine, lol!!! Nice that your cousin is coming!!! Has she done well? I am sure she will have a few tips and pointers to pass our way!!!!!

Hi Lynette. Sounds like you had fun fishing. I love to fish but I hate to catch catfish. I don't eat them and I don't want to catch them. I live on a river and every time I tried to fish off the dock I would catch these ugly, slimy, evil looking eels. Gross!!! Have to troll up and down the shore in a boat or go to the lake to catch anything.

When I was young I ALWAYS caught catfish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never liked that much!!!!! I was the catfish queen!!!!!!!!!!! I'd always yell for my dad to take it off for me!!!! There was no way I was doing it!!!

:confused:Lynette, you eat 3 - 4 oz. meals and 3 Snacks a day????? Maybe that is the difference!!!! My doc only said 3 - 4 oz. meals, no wonder I NEVER get to any of the GOOD stuff!!!! Cripes!!!! Well, this just won't due, I just may have to question him about this, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:faint:

dmtjet, when you went out for your chili, did you order a Water with it???? I went out the other night and when the waitress came to get our drink order, she asks "What can I get you to drink?", and I reply "nothing, thank you", and she started to write on her pad, and looked back at me and replied 'NOTHING", and I repeated, "nothing" and she says, not even water, and I reply, "NO, but thank you" and told her I'd take a french onion Soup.< /p>

WOW, if it's going to be that hard to not order a drink when I go out, I'd rather waste a glass of water then to go through that again.

dmtjet, if you're only eating 3 meals, how far apart are your meals each day???? No wonder you're hungry. I have not been hungry until about 10 minutes before I get to eat again, so that's nothing to deal with. I'm having hunger pains as I'm making my meal/snack, and I know it's only a short time until I get the meal fixed and can eat.

Can I tell you all how much I love my DR!!!!!!!!!!!!(sorry BobbetsMom, I'm not trying to rub anything in after your posts today) No really, he is the only Board Certified Surgeon in my Tri-State area that has had a 1 year fellowship in Boston in which he did nothing but studied Bariatric Surgeries and I truly believe I have the best. This experience has been over all better than I could of ever expected. It's amazing how the Dr. do things diferently, but this is definitely workin for me.

Hello Everyone ! I'm home !!!

I had my surgery on July 12 and everything went as planned - things happened so fast that morning and now i'm recovering at home - back in B.C. - the gas pain has almost disipated and my abdomin doesn't hurt so much anymore - tonight I will try sleeping on my side in my own bed. Tuesday I go back to work so that gives me 1 more day of rest - I can't beleive that I don't feel hungry ! I hope this feeling lasts for a long time. I Will check in on Thursday with my weekly weigh in - All the best for those up and coming Bandsters ! - Corinna

Question - I have a 2 story house with my bed upstairs. How long do you think it will be before I can make it up the stairs after surgery?

I live in a bi-level and had to go up stairs just to get into my house...I think you'll be fine to get upstairs as soon as you are done!

Best of luck!

Rain

hi everyone , just back from work thank god!! its great to see so many on board.

ok so DITTO to everything Lynette & dmtjet said. Hi you guys by the way!

dmtjet hope you did that tendingyou were talking about!!!

Wrangler054, you were talkinga bout drinking wine with your meal. did your doctor not tell you that you were not to drink while eating? i was told nothing for half and hour b4 and 30-60 minutes later??

ReneeMarie, I only wish i could tidy the apt. i'm so tired all the time!

Bobberts_Mom. I feel so bad for you not liking your Doctor. My doc is French and thats a little bit of a problem cos he only speaks enought english to get him by althought he understand us when we speak (i hope)

i'm the type of person that talks to everyone and i get on will all thats why i probably get on with my doc cos lots of the other patience that he has really do not like him at all. Even our nurse that looks after us. most people i talk to dislike her but i think she's lovely mind you i do see where there comming from . sorry to go on!

Sunshine are you on this evening? also Chimboree i havn't seen her post for a little buit hope your well.

finally BREADLADY i hope your well. missing you around here.

oh no this is finally, someone ask me a question a while back and i can't find it so if anyone asked me something and i didn't reply can you ask again thanks.

Hi ladies,

I'm 5 days post op and I am feeling pretty good, but my temper is through the roof!!!

I have three little ones, as you know, and I am sooo pissy I am afraid I am going to pop. Generally I eat if I get upset...so not only am I not able to eat...I am super grumpy because I am not eating..

So, any help???

Also, I am so tired...here's my food intake for the day...can anyone help me?

Incidently, I can't add anything to the shakes or blend my Soups so they are smooth....the Drs. office said not to do that.

breakfast--yogurt

snack--chocolate Protein Shake (8oz of skim)

lunch--chicken broth

snack--2 ice pops

another chocolate shake because I was so tired...not hungry though

dinner--broth from new england clam chowder (fat free)

drank 1 class of sugar free apple juice and 1 diet snapple and one glass of Water in addition to my liquid meals.

Geez, looking at it it looks like I haven't stopped eating all day.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Rain