Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shocking clothes shopping

I used to go into thrift or consignment stores to find the biggest thing possible. I went to a consignment shop and everything in plus size and all too big. I ended up looking on a normal rack that just had x large items. They fit! I even got into a jacket that was a 14-16! Unheard of for me. It was tight but I got into it!!! I never wanted to wear more fitted clothes. I was constantly covering up my weight. It feels pretty awesome to wear something that is more form fitting.

Yay you! Congrats! I'm sure it does feel good! I just bought my first ever pair of jeans at Tj Maxx (as opposed to lane bryant) and hopefully I'll be joining you in the non-plus size section before too long!

I wear mostly yoga pants since I work from home. I realized I was wearing clown pants last Saturday. I had only two pair of Lane Bryant yoga pants- a18/20 and a 14/16. The 18/20 was getting a bit saggy, and I was shocked and pleased to find out the 14/16 I had was the smallest they sold. Time to venture out. I chose Kohls because it was close and I had a coupon. I decided to see what might work. Felt strange to not head to the back for the women's sizes. Turned right and right into the "regular" sizes. At first I thought maybe people would see I didn't belong. I edged around, exploring. Wow so many more choices over here! I finally found the cheap yoga pants and grabbed an Xl and decided I better try them on. Hey, they look nice! I went out to get a Xl second pair and thought, I wonder how close am I to the large? Answer- they fit! Hung back the Xl and grabbed two pair of large. I lost 40 pounds since I bought the 18/20 and I've been this weight before, but somehow the weight loss post surgery is different. It seems to be arranged differently. Look forward to getting into jeans, not just yoga pants, in this size.

That is awesome!!

Congrats! love it!

I have become the thrift shopping queen. It's the thrill of the hunt. I no longer have to get plus size clothing. I found an angora sweater size small and it fits...only $7.99. Thanks sleeve!

Yes, it's weird how this surgery has redistributed my weight. I weigh much more than I look. At the weight I am (219) I shouldn't be out of the 2 X's really. I'm consistently in a 18 so stuffing into a 14-16 at 219 was pretty freaking awesome. To the Yoga pants poster. I bought a pair of Levi skinny jeans at Kohl's for $20. They are stretch and make your legs look really small. Try them!

@@Lani789

That is a great feeling huh? Your doing awesome!

I can't wait to be able to say these things. Good job all of you!! Keep yp the good work, and know you inspire those of us still waiting for our dates.