Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Words cannot describe what the last year of my life has been like, nor could I have fathomed just how drastically different my life would be. I knew things would be different, but nothing like this. I knew I would be healthy, but not this healthy. One year ago today at the exact time I am typing this, I was being wheeled back into an operating room for a surgery that would change my life forever.

TODAY IS MY SURGIVERSARY!!!

Today is the one year anniversary of the day I decided to take the leap, place a bet on me, and take my life back. My only regret in the last year is that I hadn't done it sooner. So what is different in 365 days?

1. My blood preassure went from 150/110 to 119/77. I'm no longer hypertensive!

2. I went from pre-diabetic with a blood sugar or 110 to free and clear with a blood sugar of 82. Perfect!

3. I went from 513 lbs. to 308 lbs. ABSOLUTLEY INCREDIBLE!!!

All this in just a short year. On top of that I have gone from a sedentary mass who would eat Cookies all day and could barely make it up a flight of stairs to:

1. 1.Biking 28 miles for the Twisted Pretzel Ride in Germantown, Ohio

2. Swimming 3/4 of a mile in 16:52 and finishing 6th in my age group for the Great Ohio River Swim in Cincinnati, Ohio

3. Getting ready to run my first 5K!

4. Finishing my first semester of college with a 4.0. I am set to finish my Bachelors degree in a year!

The sky is the limit and so much more is planned. This last year has been absolutely amazing. Words cannot even describe the changes and how I currently feel. I used to finish up my first night shift of the week and be crawling into my front door crying in the morning. Now I finish seven nights in a row while still holding a part time job; still having energy for a 3 hour workout in the end.

Words cannot express that gratitude that I have for those that have joined me on my journey thus far. I know many of them begged, pleaded, threatened, and cried about my weight and I am hoping that today they are all singing a different tune. The best thing someone said to me was, "I feel like I have my best friend back!"

I know this last year has been amazing, but now is no time to slack off. I still have a ton to accomplish as you all know. I hope everyone out there will continue to show the amazing love and support that they have as I continue on in this journey. It is because of you, that I am able to push through on those days when I am just not feeling it.

THANK YOU ALL and HAPPY SURGIVERSARY TO ME!!!!!!!!

Jonathan, I've been following your forum replies and seen your web site and you truly are an inspiration. Congratulations on your progress so far and thanks for your contributions to BariatricPal.

Jonathan blue same here truly inspiring I can relate to the pain etc etc I too hope to be where u are soon I have read all your posts I've come across u have really worked hard and have gained so much back for your hard work kudos to u and thanks for sharing

Congrats on your continues success of weight lost, I am very happy and proud of you, thanks for sharing because it is very encouraging , I am almost 6 months out and I too and loving life again, staying focus and reading statements like yours and others has really help me stay focus and on track. Their is no limit what one can do when they put their mind to something and have the support of others.

Happy Surgiversary!!!!! You are an inspiration to us all!

congrats there!!!! B) :D

I need some help from my surgical pals! We need to represent and support each other. Please help me out below.

They just posted an article on the FitBit website about my journey. I am trying to get as many people as I can to comment on the article. Right now the story with the most comments only has 40 and it been a year. I want to set the lofty goal of having 100 comments in two weeks. Would you be able to help me out with this? Please share it around and get as many people involved as you can!

http://blog.fitbit.com/fitbit-success-stories-jonathan-b/?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=success%20stories%20jonathan%20b

@Jonathan Blue What a great story! I know people say the surgeon only operates on your stomach and not your brain (when referring to emotional eating) but I SWEAR my surgeon flipped some switch in my brain, too! I feel so much happier and in control of my life. Like you I started doing some heavy duty exercising and I've 2 5k's now in a little less than 5 months after surgery. Running on the treadmill in the mornings, lifting weights and in general just being MUCH more active. It's like I got a blank slate to start rewriting my life into an active healthy lifestyle! No more sleep apnea or GERD...

Life is SO good! Keep up the great work you've been doing so far!

Thank you all for the love and support. It means the world to me!

@@Jonathan Blue

Congrats on your Surgiversary!!! I've enjoyed reading your story - truly inspiring!!!

Congratulations that is an amazing accomplishment for 1 year, and just keep doing what your doing and things will only get better!!!

@@Jonathan Blue

Congrats on your Surgiversary!!! I've enjoyed reading your story - truly inspiring!!!

I need some help from my surgical pals! We need to represent and support each other. Please help me out below.

They just posted an article on the FitBit website about my journey. I am trying to get as many people as I can to comment on the article. Right now the story with the most comments only has 40 and it been a year. I want to set the lofty goal of having 100 comments in two weeks. Would you be able to help me out with this? Please share it around and get as many people involved as you can!

http://blog.fitbit.com/fitbit-success-stories-jonathan-b/?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=success%20stories%20jonathan%20b

Jonathan I placed a comment. Thanks for sharing your testimony.

Wow jonathanblue, I am inspired by you! I'm just 12 days post op but can't wait to start seeing some significant results and getting more active. I am already weighing less than I have in 10 years and I'm just getting started! I'm so excited! Thank you Jonathan blue and all my bariatric pals!