Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tall girl rant!

I was so excited to be able to fit into a size 6 pant, I figured shopping would be so much easier. The kicker is that I'm 6 feet tall and I could not find a single store that stocks dress pants in long lengths. I reckon I'll still be shopping online :(

Any recommendations as to a good place to find pants with at least a 34 inch inseam?

Susan

Try Eddie Bauer or Lands End they usually have tall or 34" pant inseams. Congrats ! I wish I was a 6 !!! Someday...having my surgery Nov. 12th.

Try Eddie Bauer or Lands End they usually have tall or 34" pant inseams. Congrats ! I wish I was a 6 !!! Someday...having my surgery Nov. 12th.

I walked right by Eddie Bauer. I thought they only did tall online.

Maybe I can give them a try tomorrow. I have ordered from lands end online, I just don't know where a store is locally.

Good luck with your surgery. Just listen to your doctor and trust the process. You'll get there!

Susan

Lands end you can find inside any Sears store now. They own the brand

New York & Company has some talls in the stores. The Limited carries talls but I don't know if they carry them in the store or not since I do not have the statuesque frame you do.

Maurice's online has tall pants/jeans that are really cute and affordable. My sister-in-law is 6 ft tall as well.

Old Navy carries tall in the store....probably not dress pants but they have nice khakis and great jeans

@@Forsythia

I like New York & Co, just wish there were one in my city.

Susan

@

I had forgotten about Maurice's. Thanks for the reminder.

Susan

Old Navy carries tall in the store....probably not dress pants but they have nice khakis and great jeans

I get my jeans there. My favorite shopping tip about Old Navy is to check their clearance area. I can usually find online returns in that section for 50% off. If a customer purchases from the tall section online and returns it to the store, Rather than ship it back to the online warehouse, they mark it 50% off and place it in the clearance section. That's how I discovered I could wear a size 6. Last time I went, that was the only tall size on the rack, and I figured, "what the heck". I tried it in and they FIT!

Susan

@@Forsythia

I like New York & Co, just wish there were one in my city.

Susan

Oh, that's a bummer. There isn't one in Chicago proper either, but I live near enough to suburbia to take a bus to Lincolnwood and hit the store there.

You could have the four inches I have to have cut off and re- hemmed! Lol!

Ann Taylor and Loft both carry a large selection of tall clothing. While they have a petite section in store, I think the tall may only be online- not totally certain though.

Opposite problem. When I was heavy, I couldn't wear petites... guess having a big belly and butt sticking out takes up some length. But I had to roll sleeves up.

Now, instead of shopping in the plus section, I'm having to shop in the little tiny part of the store for petites. Still better than plus, but a pain!

HappygoSusan,

So happy for you to fit in a size 6!! WOW. :)

I feel your pain in trying to find pants long enough. I am 6 feet tall and usually always end up ordering my pants on line. Once in a while I score a pair of pants and Goodwill or another thrift store. REALLY love it when I do.

Blessings,

Kathleen