Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this a good protein powder?

Well I have done a little research on it. Two things worry me. The first is that itrequire two scoops per 8 ounces, it also has lots of weird extras in it like phenyalanine, and tryptophan, togther this has a laxative effect. So be careful. I guess that's why their add says it eliminates bad foods. The second and most problematic for me, is it says you can only take this once a day. Evidently the additives that worried me are too strong to take more then once , probably would make the laxative effect a bit strong shall we say. Here is the guidelines I have from my nutritionist and surgeron, Protein powders and rinks shouls have more than 15 grams of Protein per 8 ounces and less then 4 carbs, no caffeine, no laxatives either. I tast test several commonly available ones on my blog if you would like to see the videos.

AT http://cuttingthefatwithaknife@blogspot.com

good luck,

you can do this!

and ask anything anytime this is a helpful place.

One, why did you choose this one? Are there any special dietary needs you have other than weight?

Two, what is the calorie, Protein, fat, carb, etc. content of this? I couldn't find it.

Second that it has whey Protein isolates is one thing but why cane sugar, and what are the spices for? Xantham Gum should be a binder, as stevia is a sugar as in cane sugar.

I've seen protein items I think had better quality Proteins and the like in them.

Thank you so much for giving me all this information! You guys are super nice to have taken your time by researching on it! I actually didnt choose this one. My sister had it and she is not taking it anymore so i just wanted to know if it would work for me but i guess not! I would have to go to GNC and ask for a good Protein powder.

I have 5 month with out drinking Proteins (SUPER BAD I KNOW) but i didnt think it was that important , since my doctor back home was never really on top of me and the Proteins but now in this app i see that every body is talking about proteins proteins proteins. I would like to know how many times do you guys take proteins and what quantity? Having in mind i exercise high intensive interval training 3 times a week.

Thank you for your time!

We actually didn't research anything. :) We were hoping you would tell us what is on the back of bag there. Its hard to tell without seeing the nutrition breakdown.

You can go anywhere to find Protein stuff. Visit several Vitamin stores, Walmart, BJ's or whatever. Read those labels.

What are you getting in, in terms of Protein, veggies, fats, etc.? I'm a big believer in eat the food and then figure out what you need to supplement from there. How much protein do you need extra? If you only need an extra 10-15 grams, what about a couple of eggs? Cheaper and you can do more things with them than a Protein shake.

Beans are good too and that's Fiber.

Well basically at first i would eat anything but "nothing" with 4/5 bites i was done. I eat tilapia on lunch and dinner. Only the tilapia. When hungry two turkey slices with cheese. If i am craving chocolate im not gonna lie, i take a small dark chocolate and eat it. If i go out ill eat a delicious plate but ofcourse i eat a 30% of the plate. Always trying to prioritize Proteins but i do eat carbs once in a while. Some times i'll have a turkey and cheese sandwich b But im starting to get scare that i might not be loosing as much as i should so im being more strict. I eat milk and Cereal as Breakfast or turkey ham. Or a granola bar. Or k bar. I snack fruits for lunch my tilapia and veggies and for dinner hummus or anything that i find in my fridge. Hummus cottage chesse string cheese sometimes tilapia again. (Im a college student so its hard to keep track)

First thing:

you gotta track this stuff. What kind of veggies do you eat? Its not that Protein isn't important, but cereal and milk aren't going to give you what you need as much as a piece of ham and broccoli is. Cucumbers, tomatoes, even an apple. A small apple. The granola bar has a lot of calories. So would the K bar. Lots of Protein Bars have tons of sugar in them.

There are other fishes besides tilapia. Salmon, flounder, white fish, and you don't mention chicken or turkey or any red meat. Just wondering.

Yes i know i am not eating how im supposed to. Thats why im asking for help :( milk i heard is good. Cereal not so good. What do you tipically eat for breakfast? How about oatmeal? I try to stick with sea food only, is healthier and is less fat than chicken and meat. Went Pescaterian the first months.

You can do this! I'm not trying to belittle wht you are doing or asking for help. I apologize if that sounds like it is.

Milk is good but what kind? Fat free? That's good but what about changing it for Peanut Butter or a piece of chicken? Sausage or bacon? That's a lot of fat but you can use turkey bacon. How about eggs? 2 eggs is 14 grams of Protein. With some milk, there is lots of Protein and good Vit D and Calcium.

I'm a big salad eater with chicken and eggs. Peas, Beans, etc.

What about a turkey wrap?

The fish is great but try different types of fish. Are you maybe bored with the diet? How about tuna? You like that?