Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your favorite Lap-Band approved meal?

Seems I find my self eating a 1/2 c Soup...

maybe a slice of cheese...

a Protein drink...

Vegys are tough to get down unless it's green Beans and meats are few and far between.

Also, what I can eat one day I might have an issue with the next day.

If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears!!! Thanks!

I love salmon; that works well for me. Chili -- there are so many different kinds. I find that if I sauté ground beef or turkey with the garlic and spices, etc., then add in broth or stock and simmer for a while, that process breaks down and softens the meat. Plus I buy grass fed now; what a difference in flavor. I cook chicken thighs in a variety of ways. I also use stock for them -- that method of cooking makes everything saucy and delicious without adding a lot of calories. Brown the thighs on both sides, add veggies, cover with stock. Yum. Try adding in whatever you like best. Trader Joe's makes a green sauce we love. You can add prunes, olives and lemons to make chicken Marabella. You can do coconut milk and Thai spices, or cinnamon chicken. Chicken with mustard is amazing. Peanut sauce. BBQ, etc. You get the idea.......

Let's see, what else. I'd say Greek yogurt is pretty much a staple in our household. Yogurt is a slider for me so I have to chunk it up to give myself something to chew on (which is what activates the brain to give the signal for satiety). So in a Greek yogurt cup I add in chia seeds, a little gluten-free granola, maybe some walnut pieces, etc. -- whatever I fancy. Sometimes it's sunflower seeds. I love my yogurt and have that for "brunch" quite often. I don't eat Breakfast as I'm not hungry and unless I'm going out for lunch or something I just grab my yogurt treat and enjoy that. Good luck finding what works well for you -- I'm sure you'll get a lot of suggestions here!

Grilled shrimp. They are ridiculously low in calories and a great source of Protein. I was never a huge shrimp fan before surgery, at least if they weren't breaded and fried. But they are mighty tasty right now.

Edited by loser2014

i really love reading all you guys. it seems i can eat anything 6 months post op.... no pounds lost yet except the original weight i lost, I can eat whatever but I try not to ..... glad to see its working for most of you

My favorite is fish(tilapia or salmon) with some veggies(broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, or green beans).

For Breakfast I usually just have yogurt with granola or occasionally some high Protein oatmeal.< /p>

Favorite? Lobster. Not often though.

Yogurt is a slider for me so I have to chunk it up to give myself something to chew on (which is what activates the brain to give the signal for satiety).

WOW! This post was worth these sweet words of wisdom! I DID NOT KNOW!!! Thank you!!! Thank you for all the ideas too. Sounds like you are a wonderful cook! YUMMY!

I love salmon; that works well for me. Chili -- there are so many different kinds. I find that if I sauté ground beef or turkey with the garlic and spices, etc., then add in broth or stock and simmer for a while, that process breaks down and softens the meat. Plus I buy grass fed now; what a difference in flavor. I cook chicken thighs in a variety of ways. I also use stock for them -- that method of cooking makes everything saucy and delicious without adding a lot of calories. Brown the thighs on both sides, add veggies, cover with stock. Yum. Try adding in whatever you like best. Trader Joe's makes a green sauce we love. You can add prunes, olives and lemons to make chicken Marabella. You can do coconut milk and Thai spices, or cinnamon chicken. Chicken with mustard is amazing. Peanut sauce. BBQ, etc. You get the idea.......

Let's see, what else. I'd say Greek yogurt is pretty much a staple in our household. Yogurt is a slider for me so I have to chunk it up to give myself something to chew on (which is what activates the brain to give the signal for satiety). So in a Greek yogurt cup I add in chia seeds, a little gluten-free granola, maybe some walnut pieces, etc. -- whatever I fancy. Sometimes it's sunflower seeds. I love my yogurt and have that for "brunch" quite often. I don't eat breakfast as I'm not hungry and unless I'm going out for lunch or something I just grab my yogurt treat and enjoy that. Good luck finding what works well for you -- I'm sure you'll get a lot of suggestions here!

??? Do you not focus on high Protein?
What do you mean ANYTHING??

anything i want to eat :)

My "go to" breakfast is Belvita breakfast biscuts with a piece of turkey jerkey, lunch is usually leftovers , so salmon, chicken thigh , tuna or elk burger with salad or fruit, dinner is some type of the same meats with salad or veggies, maybe a little brown rice or 1/2 a small potato. Snacks are a few wheat thins w/ PB, Swiss Miss made w / hot Water, a cheese stick or a granola bar.

For those liking fish and salmon. How do you fix it? As time goes on and my band gets tighter I've discovered that chicken breast is not going past my band and I thought I was going to be lucky and be able to eat the white meat lol.

I'm no longer on any type of "traditional" diet....

I was Obese because I ate TOO MUCH...Non stop!

Now, I still eat whatever I want, difference is, because of the band, I cannot eat too much...impossible to overeat!!! so what I do eat, knowing it will be very little, I better make the best of it as far as nutrition...always starting with Protein....and not blow it on something that will kill me.

As a small disclaimer, there are foods that are just not band friendly with me, I will probably never eat them again.

But when you look at what I no longer eat., I realize they were foods not good for me in the first place...so it all works out for the best all around.