Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic surgeon in Mexico arrested for Cocaine...

I have been trying to find a good "trusted" doctor for a little plastic surgery. I would prefer to have it done in the US but its so expensive. I have been reading about surgeons in Mexico and came across two names that keep coming up as "great" doctors. So I went online to try and find out more. I saw great reviews until I came across this article "Dr Sauceda arrested for Cocaine possession and drug paraphanelia!!" The article was in 2012, but the posts are recent and state that he continues to use. Anyone know anything about this? Is there a good doctor anywhere that sincerely cares for their patients, doesn't charge an outrageous amount, and does a good job!?

It's not the same Dr. Sauceda. That one is in Texas, not Monterrey MX.

How do you know it's not the same doctor? It's the same name, same profession, and Texas borders Mexico; very easy to just cross over.

I dunno. My Dr Sauceda, who changed my life in such a good way...Is a mellow caring man. I have a hard time seeing him as a coke head. His wife is also very...reputable. can you provide a link to this article ...at least we can check if first and middle names match?

The one arrested is Fransisco Basil Sauceda and specializes in family medicine in San Antonio, TX. The plastic surgeon in Monterrey, MX is Fransisco Gerardo Sauceda Mireles.

Thank you for the clarification Kindle. I really could not believe it since I am a member of his patient forums I am quite sure it would have been discussed there at length if it were the wonderful Plastic Surgeon Dr S...

Shew....great! He is one of the two I was considering. But I must say, I am very skeptical about Mexico. There has just been so much negativity about it.

I was terrified of plastics (well all surgeries!). Here are some things i did - I read the plastic surgery forums here and on obesity help. Dr S has a private forum on OH that he does not read nor contribute to. It is a truly patient driven forum and you hear the good, bad and whatever. It is also full of practical details...how it all works.

In addition, I found a couple of nice people who were former patients, willing to talk to me on the phone and give me their insights.

For other surgeons, i think they don't have quite the organized following of former patients who do this, but i would really talk to people who have similiar situation (ie starting size/weight/procedures done) and pick their brains.

One thing that i only figured out after months of research and going to various consults that all surgeons have slightly different approaches and opinions, there are tradeoffs, plusses and minuses. At first it was frustrating (like shouldn't there be ONE right answer!?!) but then I realized that it gave me some hard choices to make. I am absolutely thrilled with the choice i made, love my results and love that I got it all over with at once - not for everyone though!

Thank you so much for the information!! I will definitely do my homework, lol.

Communicate often with the plastic surgeon and any of his past patients. Dr Victor Gutierrez is a wonderful caring physician/plastic surgeon as well. I can not express with words the level of care and compassion that I received. My every need was cared for over 100%. I can not imagine going to any other plastic surgeon. His education is also impressive, because he specializes in micro surgery, which means minimum scaring. All incisions are internal and scars heal beautiful. He will be there for you before and well after your surgery.

(On a side note) Just out of curiosity, I Googled "doctors arrested for drugs." Now that scared me. There seemed to be a story reported almost daily of doctors over here in the US being arrested. Doctors even have their own drug rehab facilities that they go to. It is amazing! It is good to be cautious about any doctor, no matter the country.

Edited by Sweet Pee

Just saying: Most Mexicans say they wouldn't have a drug problem if AMERICANS stopped using.

That said, I'm still very cautious about 'surgical tourism'. I keep seeing a lot of botched up surgeries from Mexico on that show BOTCHED. Scary. Really scary. One woman, whose Va-JJ ended up way up on her belly said the anesthesia used was a block of ice- that's it. I would FREAK!

Is the savings really worth the risk once you factor in air & ground travel expenses & rehab lodging?

I'm not judging. Just asking because I really don't know what the International costs are compared to costs of doing it here in America.

And I'm researching WL plastics now, for when I reach goal-weight or pref. under and have maintained it for awhile. I would HATE to go in too soon & have to do any of this, twice.

How do you know it's not the same doctor? It's the same name, same profession, and Texas borders Mexico; very easy to just cross over.

ROFLMAO!

New life that is why you spend months researching and don't just pick a website off the Internet.

Thank you all so much for the posts and information. After reading everything I am considering going to Dr. V and even have my daughter considering it, lol. I have seen a lot about his cosmetic surgery for loose skin after weight loss but not much in regards to face lifts. I want my neck area done and possibly eye lid lift. Anyone out there have any comments in this area? Also, about what does he charge? Are his prices much cheaper than in the US?

Ops. I meant Dr. S