Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

when did you poop for the first time

I just had my first bm since my surgery. I thought I was going to die. I vomited it was so much work and pain. I was exhausted. Did any one go through this? Will it be like this the next time also?

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT I AM ABOUT TO ELABORATE MY POOPING EXPERIENCE SINCE SURGERY. I am sorry if this is too detailed. You may want to skip this post and read something else.

I had my surgery 10/7 and have gone three times. The first time was four days after surgery and quite normal. The last two have worried me. They were runny, slightly painful, and rust colored. My doctor said that it could be internal blood from the surgery. I have not gone in the past six days even though I take Docusate Sodium (100 mg) twice a day. I am guilty of not eating enough soft foods. I've done great getting all my Water and Protein in but need to do better getting in more stage 3 food.

I'm always game for a round of TMI:) I was sleeved on 10/22 and started off having liquid bm right off the bat but had my first semi-solid today and I gotta say it didn't feel great, but it wasn't intolerable. I had no narcotics except for the 1st 24 hrs of recovery which may be a factor for me. Also, I'm on Clear Liquids only; which does not include the Protein Shakes which is another factor.

I think 4 days after with the help of magnesium.

Edited by Kindle

This is information that my Dr did not do well at telling me what to expect. The Constipation was excruciating! I think this occurred about 4 days after surgery. Thank God for meds. I just went to CVS and got the normal stuff, magnesium, but also got Fiber Well gummies. It goes back to normal, but you have to stay on top of it. Do not worry about the color in the first couple of movements. This color will go away. All is good now, so hang in there.

I went 10 days after my surgery with only one drink of Metamucil, three days prior. No problems, albeit it was slightly larger than normal and i did strain a little. Im regular every three days and i had started semisolid foods three days prior to this first BM.