Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any December Sleevers

@@scstxrn thank you for your advice. Today marks the first day I'm able to constantly sip without feeling intense gas pain. So that's a win today! Although I fear I'm a bit dehydrated because (tmi) urine is very dark. So I'm really going to give liquids my best shot today.

Hello,

I have been reading this forum for awhile. I am going to be sleeved Monday, December 22.

My name is Cheryl, and I thank you all for your wonderful advice and support.

I started this time at 249 and I am 5 foot 2 inches tall. The heaviest I have ever been was 300 and that was about 11 years ago.

Edited by Jeff'sGirl

HI all, I had my surgery Dec 15th - band to sleeve. So far I have not struggled too much. I was up and walking in the PACU. Water is my greatest issue- I hope its just because my stomach is still tender but its almost like i can feel the water just hanging out in my stomach then gurgling down :/ hope that changes soon. Good luck to everyone who just started their journey and those still waiting!!!!

HI all, I had my surgery Dec 15th - band to sleeve. So far I have not struggled too much. I was up and walking in the PACU. Water is my greatest issue- I hope its just because my stomach is still tender but its almost like i can feel the water just hanging out in my stomach then gurgling down :/ hope that changes soon. Good luck to everyone who just started their journey and those still waiting!!!!

I had surgery the 11th and I have the same issue with feeling gurgling in my stomach. Mine does it with anything I drink :/ weird! But I can do water I just like it cold!

Ibe had no issues so far. My liquids are a small issues but, hopefully I will have that mastered in a couple of weeks. Has pains were intense the 1st 2 days but, not so much anymore. Im super excited about how much weight I'll lose this 1st week ????

@@HairMogul Welcome to the post op side. Glad to hear things are going well for you so far.

The BIG day comes tomorrow, I am so scared and nervous. I hear good stories and then I hear the bad stories and I have not hardly slept in 2 nights ???? I can see today at work will probably crawl and tonight will probably be sleepless. I am all packed and ready to go, no backing out at this point and I don't think my fiancé would let my fear get the best of me anyway - he is amazing support.

Fuzzyangelbear good luck tomorrow

I just had mine done on Thursday and it's not that bad . It just takes getting used to. Having support is really gonna be key

My VSG is tomorrow! I started thinking about the surgery about 7 years ago but decided to wait till after having my first child... My daughter is now 5 y/o and a month ago I finally made my mind up to go through with the surgery. I'm a bit nervous but excited none the less... I can't wait for tomorrow! Thanks to all the people that have posted their experiences, they have been of great help.

Stats:

HW: 260

CW: 254

H: 5' 7"

Edited by mlcampbell24