Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid diet cheaters?

Today is day one of my pre op diet..

My boyfriend had a chicken cheese steak and it took every part of my to not even have a bite so basically day one is a success. On saturday (day 3) we might go see a movie and I looooveeee popcorn. I want it so bad but I heard after day 3 it'll be easier. To cheat or not to cheat is the question!!??!!!

How long is your pre-op diet and is it only liquids? ?

Ok, that's similar to my pre-op diet but I've had to do it 4 weeks. I'm on my last week. I cheated slightly and by that I mean I had some cheese or pork. I didn't cheat by eating carbs. If you only have to do it for a week stick it out. You can do it!! When I'm tempted (like by the 6 Desserts in the breakroom today) I say, "Eat to live, not live to eat". Then I ask if eating something will help me get closer to my goal or further from my goal. :-) You've got this.

@@Aribay1 Don't do it! I'm on day 4 of 14 and I can only have broth, 4 Protein drinks, sugar free Jello and sugar free Popsicles. It's really hasn't been bad at all just get yourself some of the Swanson broths if you can have them they have all kinds of really need flavors, Mexican Tortilla, Thai ginger, hot n sour.....they are all broth and if you can have them it may help. Your lucky to get so much stuff! Just fill up on a nice salad before you go and take some chicken with you to snack on hang in there! I know it's not all fun my daughter has a desert theater this week at school. I was suppose to bake deserts for her and go but I'm having a friend of mine do it all with her so I can stay away from all that.

@@Aribay1 Don't do it! I'm on day 4 of 14 and I can only have broth, 4 Protein drinks, sugar free Jello and sugar free Popsicles. It's really hasn't been bad at all just get yourself some of the Swanson broths if you can have them they have all kinds of really need flavors, Mexican Tortilla, Thai ginger, hot n sour.....they are all broth and if you can have them it may help. Your lucky to get so much stuff! Just fill up on a nice salad before you go and take some chicken with you to snack on hang in there! I know it's not all fun my daughter has a desert theater this week at school. I was suppose to bake deserts for her and go but I'm having a friend of mine do it all with her so I can stay away from all that.

I LOVE the Thai Ginger!!

I would highly suggest not cheating. Each time you cheat, it becomes harder to not cheat the next time. And each time you choose not to cheat you become that much stronger. Your WLS journey is a lifetime commitment to making good choices, you might as well start now.

I never cheated the entire 2 months of my my pre or post op diet regimen. And this was all through 3 Christmas parties, New Years Eve celebration, two birthdays parties, a funeral, and a baby shower. Ended up being 34 days of liquids, then purée, then soft food. It's really just a tiny period of time in the big scheme of things and I was determined to be completely committed to this process. My reward was reaching goal in under 7 months and easily maintaining more than 10 pounds under goal. Not cheating during the hardest part of the process gave me mental strength to kick ass through the rest of it.

Edited by Kindle

I mean I'm a baker and I made special halloween Cookies today and was suprised that I didn't eat a thing at work today! Day one successful but ugh I'm scared it'll be harder!

The fear gets the best of me sometimes!

you can do this! And you're doing great so far!!

I mean I'm a baker and I made special halloween Cookies today and was suprised that I didn't eat a thing at work today! Day one successful but ugh I'm scared it'll be harder!

The fear gets the best of me sometimes!

It WILL be harder but take that fear and turn it into determination. Find the strength within yourself to be successful. :-)

I loooovvveee popcorn too! However I just didn't go to the movies. Hahaha. I don't know that I could be that strong, I swear they pump that smell into theaters! You do what's best for you but I wouldn't suggest cheating. This is going to be your new life. Know that in time you will be able to have a little popcorn. I am 9 weeks post op and had to bake my dad a birthday cake last night I usually will eat some of the batter from the bowl. Once I dumped the batter in the pan, I immediately ran Water in the bowl and put it down the disposer. Took about 2 seconds for me to do that to avoid temptation. Today we are having pizza for his birthday I will not be eating that either. I will just make sure I eat before we go.

“Cheater” I think is a harsh word! Lol…I have been cheating, but not too bad I guess! I have my three Protein shakes a day with a really decent meal, and I exercise 3 to 4 times a week / one hour or 3 miles, and I will begin my pure Fluid diet on Sunday. I have heard so many different stories of what to and not to do, some are VERY strict and others well, sound like mine. I will say it’s based on the individual, of course, I had my last pre-op this past Wednesday, and the one thing that surprised me was the inattentive discussion with my diet, it was only if I’m doing a liquid diet. I guess I look it at this way, regardless of your diet, after your surgery….YOU WILL DIET and NOT EAT whether you are hungry or not! LOL

I will focus on making sure I heal, follow the Post-Op diet to a “T” as to not hurt myself, but I think in the pre-op stage, just doing your best should be good enough. Think about, you may have never concentrated on your diets before until now…you are now that much better for it!

Age; 40

HT: 5.5

SW: 249

CW: 238

GW: 175

14 Days until Surgery

US Army Retired 2012, Where I was

Iraq 2005, Who I was

On day 3 of my pre-op diet. Allowed up to 4 Protein shakes a day and recommended 64 oz of Clear liquids per day minimum, including broth and sugar-free popsicles. On the pre-op diet until 4 November surgery (gastric sleeve). Had my final pre-op visit with my surgeon yesterday along with the lab work. The fasting the minimum 6-hrs before hand, after being on Protein Shakes and liquids was even harder. Excited about the upcoming surgery, and so happy I chose the KC Bariatric Center as my surgeons/clinic. They are so nice and so supportive.

Finally, for a good chuckle, I took a good friend of mine with me to my appointment yesterday. The nurse called me back for my appointment, and of course the pre-appt weigh-in and blood pressure check. I knew I had lost weight, but when I stepped on the scale, it was showing I had GAINED over 25 lbs at first, and it almost sent me into tears before the scale settled back in to 235 (showing 11 lbs lost!). Come to find out my friend was pressing her toes onto my scale, and the nurse was playing along for a little bit. WE all got a good laugh after the nurse found out that I didn't know my friend had stepped on the scale behind me. :rolleyes: Surprisingly, my blood pressure which is usually high, was very good (and within normal limits) despite the initial shock on the scale. :D

On day 3 of my pre-op diet. Allowed up to 4 Protein shakes a day and recommended 64 oz of Clear Liquids per day minimum, including broth and sugar-free popsicles. On the pre-op diet until 4 November surgery (gastric sleeve). Had my final pre-op visit with my surgeon yesterday along with the lab work. The fasting the minimum 6-hrs before hand, after being on Protein Shakes and liquids was even harder. Excited about the upcoming surgery, and so happy I chose the KC Bariatric Center as my surgeons/clinic. They are so nice and so supportive.

Finally, for a good chuckle, I took a good friend of mine with me to my appointment yesterday. The nurse called me back for my appointment, and of course the pre-appt weigh-in and blood pressure check. I knew I had lost weight, but when I stepped on the scale, it was showing I had GAINED over 25 lbs at first, and it almost sent me into tears before the scale settled back in to 235 (showing 11 lbs lost!). Come to find out my friend was pressing her toes onto my scale, and the nurse was playing along for a little bit. WE all got a good laugh after the nurse found out that I didn't know my friend had stepped on the scale behind me. :rolleyes: Surprisingly, my blood pressure which is usually high, was very good (and within normal limits) despite the initial shock on the scale. :D

LOL that is totally something I would do. I love to play pranks!! You have a fun friend.