Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone used herbalife products for their Protein Shakes? Does it meet the requirements?

I was on Herbalife before my surgery. The shakes do not meet my surgeon's guidelines when made with Formula 1 and Protein Powder. There are too many grams of sugar. I have been using the personalized Protein powder in Soups to get my protein up.

oh ok thank you. I havent looked much into shake options. What do you use?

If you already use and like herbalife products, you could take some in and review the label or info sheet with your physician or nutritionist. Many products, like mentioned above, have too many grams of sugar for the Protein or not as much Protein (30gm) as you can get via the better brands.

My favorites are Premier Protein (available at costco, Winco and other places) and the Inspire protein powder lines at bariatriceating.com

Has anyone used herbalife products for their Protein shakes? Does it meet the requirements?

I use herbalife , i add my Protein in with it and the taste is wonderful, usually get the Cookies and cream . Their shakes are only 24 grams of protein, mine is 34 grams so with both i have most of my protein for the day, still eat the high protein foods for the extra though.

I too use Premier Protein. The shakes are 11 ounces (which currently takes me 2.5 hours to consume lol), 160 calories, 1 gram of fat, 30 grams of Protein, and only 1 gram of sugar. They come in chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. I buy mine at costco, but they do sell them by the four pack if at Meijer if you live in the Midwest.

I was getting a Herbalife shake in the morning and adding my Protein to it. I thought I was doing good and getting in 60 grams of Protein. Then my NUT told me that your body can only absorb 25 grams of protein at one time. I needed to spread my protein out more through the day. I also was on a long stall.....checked the Herbalife (I was getting a Chunky Monkey).....according to My Fitness Pal it had 50 grams of carbs!!!!! I just use GENEPRO to get most of my protein in now.

Thanks everyone. I've only tried one powder mix, body fortress, it's not great. Very foamy and thick. I don't have a surgery date yet, hoping for early December. But I wanted to get on the shake band wagon ahead of time. I'll look up premier!

I was getting a Herbalife shake in the morning and adding my Protein to it. I thought I was doing good and getting in 60 grams of Protein. Then my NUT told me that your body can only absorb 25 grams of protein at one time. I needed to spread my protein out more through the day. I also was on a long stall.....checked the Herbalife (I was getting a Chunky Monkey).....according to My Fitness Pal it had 50 grams of carbs!!!!! I just use GENEPRO to get most of my protein in now.

I loved chunky monkey!!!! It was my favorite shake, and I swear I had two a day for months lol

I use herbalife , i add my Protein in with it and the taste is wonderful, usually get the Cookies and cream . Their shakes are only 24 grams of Protein, mine is 34 grams so with both i have most of my protein for the day, still eat the high protein foods for the extra though this is a total of 24 carbs. my protein only has 2 grams of carbs.

I use herbalife , i add my Protein in with it and the taste is wonderful, usually get the Cookies and cream . Their shakes are only 24 grams of Protein, mine is 34 grams so with both i have most of my protein for the day, still eat the high protein foods for the extra though this is a total of 24 carbs. my protein only has 2 grams of carbs. I usually get the Cookies and cream or the pumpkin , different things for different ppl. :-)

Those are good too; my husband is a pumpkin fan all the way. I swear, we bought at least 5 canisters of pumpkin formula 1 last fall. I didn't drink a single pumpkin shake either lol.

You should also try the Unjury brand. You can get a sampler kit for $25.00 and it includes a shaker bottle as well as multiple flavors to try. No sugar high quality Protein and great taste. You can only order it online but it is worth it. Good luck :)

Anyone ever try core power? They are ready to drink shakes. They are pretty good too.