Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Dates Anyone? Let's Connect!

Night time was always the time that I ate the most. I am still feeling the desire to eat at night, but I wouldn't necessarily say it was a physical hunger. I always have had a difficult time differentiating between the two.

When trying something new..would U get sick right away? I had one cocktail shrimp and feel guilty but I tried to slow and did fine and feel fine but not sure if I would react right away?

When trying something new..would U get sick right away? I had one cocktail shrimp and feel guilty but I tried to slow and did fine and feel fine but not sure if I would react right away?

Night time was always the time that I ate the most. I am still feeling the desire to eat at night, but I wouldn't necessarily say it was a physical hunger. I always have had a difficult time differentiating between the two.

I think most of us that have eating issues have tended to do our worst eating and snacking at night. It's too easy to park the butt on the couch, turn on the TV and sit there and munch. If you're like me, it didn't matter what or how much you ate, you still weren't satisfied, so you just ate something else. I would end up feeling sick, but it didn't stop me.

i've been fixing myself a cup of hot herb tea at night when I feel like I need something. I sweeten it with a little stevia and so far it seems to help.

WHY, why, why did I do that! It is Christmas time and when you have kids an parties to attend you bake Cookies, and a lot of them. Molasses ginger ones, Peanut Butter Nutella ones, sugar cookie ones, chocolate chip ones.

UUUGH, I sit home all day and heard them calling my name every time I went into the kitchen. AND I HAD ONE, BUT NOT JUST ONE! I don't know how many I ate each time I went in.

When i pack my kids their lunch, I stead of putting one cookie in I put 3 or 4 and tell them to share with their friends because I need them out of my house NOW.

I'm a self sabotager. every time I get close to passing 190 I do something to stop it. why am I afraid of being in the 180's?

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

Hope everyone is doing well. @@carriekos - this is a hard time of year with lots of temptations everywhere! I've done pretty well so far, but I imagine I will give in to a few along the way. Don't beat yourself up. Just keep moving forward!

I've been really frustrated lately. The first few weeks went well for me. Other than having a hard time finding things I could tolerate okay, I was losing weight fast so I didn't mind at all! Now I have a lot better tolerance for a wider variety of food which is good, but I am SO stalled!!! It's really messing with my head. I keep thinking, "why the heck (or other four letter words) did I go through all this if I am not going to lose weight?" I've lost absolutely nothing this week and less than 5 lbs in the past month! I am eating well, following the guidelines I was given, getting in my 60 gms of Protein and usually getting in all my fluids. Not eating a bunch of junk. Getting more exercise than I used to. So why am I not losing???? I thought it would be pretty impossible for me NOT to lose. Part of why I went with the bypass instead of other options was I thought the malabsorption would also help speed things along. I just don't understand why it isn't working. I am still wearing the same clothes I was so not seeing it in inches really either.

Anyone else struggling like this to see results?

I'm

Back in the hospital! Had surgery nov 18..haven't been feeling right can't hold liquid or food in lots and lots of pain! So of course I was dehydrated and hopefully will go home tomorrow hope I get back to normal I was doing amazing ! Out of all weeks too Christmas tomorrow my favorite holiday and I throw the party so depressed, loosing another work day it's just so stressful

@@carriekos I agree with Ready2b. We fall down and then we get back up. One advantage you have over me is that after surgery you realize your vulnerability. I am still under the illusion that after surgery I am pretty invincible. So your slip up will now be a big help to you moving forward.

@Ready2b. I haven't stalled yet, but I'm noticing that I have to work harder in the gyn to lose than a few weeks ago, and my body is getting to sore to maintain this workout pace. I only do it because I don't won't to stall, but soon I'll need to slow down. I'm trying to prepare myself mentally for the stall. Stalls will occur, but we must adhere to our plan and see this through to a healthier lifestyle!!! :-) :-)

@@Jessica its got to be very tough for you right now. I'll be praying for you. Our trials make us stronger and prepare us for the trials in the future.

@@jessica2014 I'm so sad to hear that you had to go to the hospital. Try not to get too down about tomorrow being Christmas. I know that's a hard thing to ask, but think about next Christmas and how you will be the "belle of the ball" when you throw the party. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

@@ready2B I was in a terrible stall until this past several days. I had been doing really well, just like you, then all of a sudden nothing....... I kept eating the way I was supposed to, got my fluids in and tried to get in a little more exercise. All of a sudden the scale started to move again, and now in this past week I've dropped 6lb. already. Hang in there.

@@carriekos Arent' we all our own worst enemies. I think that as we get a little closer to our goal we may find it to be a little easier to "cheat the system" so to speak. Try to keep in mind that the only one that being cheated is ourselves. Don't beat yourself up though. Just try to visualize the scale going down below that 190 mark and how good you'll feel about it. Don't give up now....you're too close to the big prize!!

Before everything gets hectic here at my house with prepping for the family to land on top of us this evening I thought I'd take a minute to wish everyone the very happiest of holidays.

No matter how everyone celebrates, I hope your time is filled with joy and the love of those around you. This holiday we've given ourselves a great gift, one that will last us the rest of our lifetime if we take care of it. Enjoy every minute and savor every hug. Life can be way too short, often we find ourselves missing someone we loved very much, and sometimes we get caught up in the material things that make the holiday. Keep it simple, keep it true, and Celebrate with your heart.

Love to all my new friends.

Deb

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my November buddies. I got the gift of hope for a healthier lifestyle on November 4th. I'm so grateful for the Gastric Bypass surgery and my November buddies :-) :-)

Hi everyone! Quick question....did anyone have a lot of saliva after surgery? I have the worst "saliva mouth" since pregnancy!

@@mzjaejeffery - The only saliva issue I have had so far is when I have eaten something that didn't sit well and I am very nauseous. That's usually a big hint for me that I will be sick soon. Hasn't happened often at all. Other than those few times, I had dry mouth right after surgery from anesthesia, but totally normal since. Have you had increased acid reflux or gassy stomach since surgery? That might make you salivate more.

@@ready2B no I haven't had very many side effects at all. I guess I should be thanking my luck stars that this is the only one. Its just like I have about twice as much saliva as before. I'm a month out and it just started a few days ago.

Edited by mzjaejeffery