Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Dates Anyone? Let's Connect!

I had some egg whites today!! Wow!! Lol so far so good so happy to be at stage 4!! It all pays off and truly does get better!! Feeling amazing started this journey at 298 and today I'm 270.7

Attempting finals week along with the 3rd week post op, it's tough to say the least. I fear im puking up blood, and I can barely concentrate on anything! I can only get down 1oz of anything at a time, which scared me a bit. Because at this rate I know I'm not getting enough protine and it's impossible to get all my fluids in.

I feel like my doc is ignoring me, every time I try and mention my worries he searches for the worst, and when he doesn't find it he sends me home telling me I'm fine. Which may be the case, but let's actively find a way for me to be more comfortable!!! Anyway, I have been doing an oz of Fluid every 15 mins, with a half hour break every hour. This seems to be my sweet spot... At least for now.

Ok just kidding about the 15 min liquid thing. I'm back to square one, ice chips.

I am 3 weeks out. My surgery was November 10th. I am wondering what other people are eating who are at the same stage as me.

Aaaah, I just took two sinus medicine pills, forgetting we can't take them anymore. Crap what do I do?

Not sure Carrie- I've got a horrendous cold too- let me know if you figure out how to feel better. As you can see, it's keeping me up at night.

Well, glad to say, I didn't get sick on the pills last night. Still feel aweful though.

For those looking fort purée fod, I found a great website bariatriceating.com. There are a lot of great tips on this page also.

I'm so glad to hear from all you guys.

Newjeffery.... You are a great inspiration. I've had a little pureed turkey and some mashed, baked sweet potato. It went down ok and sure tasted great. I've been having a little non fat cottage cheese with diced pears(packed in juice) that I smashed with a fork. Who ever knew cottage cheese could taste so good.

ready2B....I'm glad you're feeling better. I can't each but just a little bit at a time either. I feel better today than I have in the last couple days. I was so tired, and it seemed like I was actually hungry, but I realized that more than anything I was experiencing a lot of emotion and stress, and that's what was causing me to feel that way.

I have been waiting for news about my husband's father. He passed away last night. I'm worried about my husband being up there by himself, but he tells me he's handling things ok.

I've lost about 31 lbs so far. I guess if I really think about it, that's pretty good, considering that it's only been 3 weeks since my surgery, and only 2 weeks more than that since I started the liquid pre diet.

I wish I could walk as much as some people do. I've gotten out to walk, and have managed to go about a 1/2 mile. That's about all I can do right now, but I keep trying to add a little more each time I walk.

Keep up your good work....

@@jessica2014 The morning's are the worst for me. I am very naseous and very tired. This morning my body tried to throw up, which is a first for me. More, I have this horrible taste in my mouth and throat that goes away when I brush but comes back later in the day. I actually hate having to get up in the morning because it is so rough. :-(

Same here the taste in the mouth is getting better..do u feel like when u swallow there's something stuck in the back of your throat?? Lol my husband make fun of me but it's strange the feeling

Absolutely I feel like there is something coating my throat. I have brushed my teeth 3 times today! How long had it been going on for you? For me, about 2 weeks.

Same I woke up this morning the feeling went away but it comes back..I never thought of telling them I haven't read anything on it either..the taste does get better but the throat feeling has been since I got home from hospital had surgery nov 18

@@Dabliss111114 - I am so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Recovering from surgery is stressful enough without all you have gone through lately. Hugs to you and your family.

I've been doing better the past couple of days - finally! It was a rough 4 days there, but thankfully that was short. TMI alert: I finally blench a BIG air bubble up as I was throwing up and I think that was the cause of my 4 day puking spree. My nausea went away after that. Since then I've been forcing small burps throughout the day to keep that from happening again. So far, so good. I got out today and did a lot of walking in Target. :-) I really do need to get out more. I had more energy since I can keep food down better. I was also dragging emotionally - it was frustrating nor being able to eat, not feeling like doing things, missing some of my favorite foods and probably having a minor pity party. Not full-blown really because I am extremely grateful that everything has gone so well, so more like a pout!