Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Puree/soft diet...I hate so many things in this category...need ideas

I need ideas for what to eat during the purée / soft food stage besides the following:

eggs of any kind

tuna

Mayonnaise

Canned chicken

Cottage cheese

Ricotta cheese

I cannot stand to even look at any of these things! Thank you for any ideas!

Thank you both! I like all of those things.

got this list from http://www.upmc.com/Services/bariatrics/approach/post-surgery/diet/Pages/soft.aspx

Post Bariatric Surgery - Suggested Foods for Adaptive or Soft Diet Protein Sources
  • All varieties of fish and shellfish
  • Turkey breast or chicken breast (chopped, white meat)
  • Low fat deli lunchmeats
  • Sliced or grated low fat cheese (5 grams of fat or less)
  • Hard boiled or poached eggs
  • Soups (dilute with skim milk or add finely minced meats)
Grains/starches
  • Hot cereals
  • Unsweetened cereals softened in skim milk
  • Baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, or yams
  • Boiled Pasta, noodles, or white rice
Fruits/vegetables
  • Canned fruit (in own juices or Water packed)
  • Soft, fresh fruit without skins (apples, pears, peaches)
  • Bananas
  • Cooked or canned vegetables
  • Avoid raw, fibrous vegetables like broccoli and Brussels sprouts. Avoid skins and seeds.

It never ceases to amaze me that total strangers go out of their way to take the time to offer their support, advice, and kind words to people they've never met before. Thank you all so much!

The folks above had some awesome suggestions. I will also look at http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/03/plan-for-success.html

This is very beneficial site that a RNYer blogged about her WL journey. She also has some good recipes too for each stage.

Later Loser!

Hey. I just posted a free cookbook created by Bariatric Buddies. The recipies are by puree stage. www.chicoweightloss.com/cookbook

I am also a very picky eater but I am going to treat my smaller stomach like a new baby and try to have an open mind about ALL foods and try whatever at least once. I am hoping that with all the taste changes after surgery that I will like many new things that I try. I hope you find plenty of things that you like too.

Summer

Before my surgery I spoke to the Nutritionist and went over the different stages of the diet. When we talked about puree food, she said I could eat anything I could stand in puree form. So I said 'So if I puree spagetti, I can have it?" Totally expecting her to say no. But she said yes. So I can't wait for that. I've made up my mind to stay away from a lot of the foods that got me into this mess though. So I would say be careful, but don't feel like you have to live in a box with only a few options. =)

Baby shrimp (you can find them in cans as well), mozzarella string cheese, cream Soups.< /p>

@@kim7777 we are all in the same boat and we want everyone to be a success story! Nobody wants to go back to the old weight! Power in numbers! ????????????????????????

Edited by lildawtee