Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@ -- oh my word, I'll bet you're exhausted! I heard that at weeks 3-5 your body actually kinds tries to hibernate, but that it gets much, much better after that. I love that you aren't weighing in this month. Maybe I won't either. ;)

I definitely feel a hibernation coming on! I saw SO many posts about people freaking out about the "dreaded 3 week stall" so I figured I would save myself the insanity and just skip it all together. I'm guaranteed a loss Dec 1 and I won't know how long my stall has been. :-) I'm trying not to be a slave to the scale, @@Becca R.

Revgirl checking in! Didn't mean to worry anyone. Just concentrating on laying low! One week and 3 days after surgery with Garcia at florence. The best surgery experience I've ever had. Professional, efficient, caring staff and very organized. Things that I found very valuable was bring my own fan, gas x, spray bottle and wash clothes. Have to tell the funny story of how I made my husband order certain foods to eat so I could smell it! Yes, smell it before he could eat it! Aroma therapy was my saving grace! Week two into the diet, I find myself always eating or drinking so I'm very rarely hungry. I feel best on days I walk. Soon I'll post some fantastic sites, products and recipes I've found on line. Glad to hear everyone's experiences and for anyone anticipating, peace in the thought that their are alot of great people there to go through the process with you!

Wanted to share one strange but good effect from the surgery. Before surgery I was a hot natured person. Since surgery I've been cold natured. I researched and found out this can be an effect of the surgery. I actually like it!

@@wantingabetterlife - you made me feel so much better! I think it is just those last week jitters. I am excited about this new chance but those little doubts manage to creep their way in somehow. So so glad to hear you are doing so good!

Hello everyone...well we are leaving for Tijuana on Friday and we have some questions:

Should we take cash or can we use credit cards or travelers checks?

Should I bring some powdered drinks or broth for the way home?

Is it safe to venture out? oh and do they have American tv stations....my fiancé needs to watch the Cowboys on Sunday :)

Thanks!

@@Tootie Smiles -- if you want to use credit cards, just make sure you let the companies know you will be in Mexico or they'll block them.

I brought Propel packets, but my doctor prefers Vitamin Water "Restore". I got it here at a convenience store.

Our TV at the hotel has ESPN in Spanish. :)

@tootiesmiles-- my husband has been all over, eating from yummy food trucks and exploring the markets. :)

Susie MN, going into this I knew how hot natured I was and that Mexico would be warmer. The spray bottle was for my husband to spray my face nd arms when I got to hot and then with the fan in me would have a nice cooling effect. After surgery though I'm now cold natured and find myself bundled up these days. Curious how everyone is doing with their weight loss. Do you include the weight you lost before surgery? I do. So far 24 pounds total, 18 pds. before surgery and 6 pds. since surgery. I plan to weigh at the end of each week.

Wanted to share one strange but good effect from the surgery. Before surgery I was a hot natured person. Since surgery I've been cold natured. I researched and found out this can be an effect of the surgery. I actually like it!

This is me exactly. I've been absolutely freezing at times since surgery and it's not even really cold outside - in the 70s - I'm kinda glad because being hot all the time was a pain, but yowza! I slept in flannels and socks last night for the first time in years. ????

Also, my husband was able to watch American football in our room and on the big screens in the lobby lounge area.

Edited by sprocket

Heading home today!! Soooooo excited to see my littles. But I am definitely going to miss this sunshine and 70 degrees...

Fly out on Thursday but woke up w sore throat. ... No cough, fever or any other symptoms.. Waiting on call back from DR... Want should I do?

What should I do? -

@@MS Bling It is going to depend on your individual doctor. Several of us were kind of congested just from the flight. It wasn't a problem. I would think as long as you aren't "sick" (running a fever and severely congested) they will go ahead with surgery.

@@MS Bling -- I went with a bit of a sore throat. It really wasn't a thing. I think the only "cold symptom" contraindication that would stop you from having surgery is a fever over 101 degrees. I ended up having a U.T.I. (had no idea) and they just gave me antibiotics. Did your doctor call you back yet?

@@wantingabetterlife How are you feeling today??