Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the November Sleevers?

Today is a new day and I feel refreshed

Getting sleeved on 11-12 in Chicago at Northwestern. Can't wait - my mom at bypass 10 years ago and the only regret she has is she didn't do it earlier! I already drink a lot of Protein as I am very active - weight training, cardio and golf. I find vanilla cream and Vitamin Water Orange is a good easy mix. Premier Protein is pretty cheap at costco or on Amazon. Currently 30 and 6-1 310 and am hoping to settle in around 240.

Anyone else in the Chicago area getting sleeved around then?

I'm not in Chicago- but I am in Indianapolis! Not too far ;-) my surgery is set for 11/11

Going shopping today for my Protein shakes and all my sugar free Popsicles and Jello for the pre op diet.

Nervous about it and prepping my brain for the task at hand!

Good luck gang.

Okay, it's official. Got my lab work date, upper GI date and delivery date for meds. I think I have everything I need. I am a planner. Let's share our lists. Here is mine, tell me if I am missing anything.

Abdominal binder,

B-12 sublingual,

Broths,

Calcuim citrate+D,

GasX Strips,

Heat/cold packs,

Miralax,

Multivitamin,

Pepcid/prilosec/tums,

Protein Shakes,

Tylenol liquid

Your list looks really good. Have you thought about adding sugar free popsicles or Jello?

Going shopping today for my Protein shakes and all my sugar free Popsicles and Jello for the pre op diet.

Nervous about it and prepping my brain for the task at hand!

Good luck gang.

You got this, let's know how it goes.

Several ppl have recommended a sippy cup to help from not drinking too much too fast. Sounds crazy but they swear by it in the beginning stages!

I got my sippy cups, thanks again.

Since we are all preparing for our surgery in November what are your preferred Protein Shakes, please include flavors.

I am also November 4th! I am going to do one week pre-op liquid diet. I have ordered sample packs of Protein Drinks from nectar and injury. I'm gonna try those before I purchase any big containers! I am buying all my Vitamins on pay day next week. Another thing I just decided is that I'm going to do a big day of freezer cooking before surgery for my kids meals. They are all crockpot meals so I can just stick them in in the morning and not have to worry about cooking :0) Soooo excited!

I am also November 4th! I am going to do one week pre-op liquid diet. I have ordered sample packs of Protein drinks from nectar and injury. I'm gonna try those before I purchase any big containers! I am buying all my Vitamins on pay day next week. Another thing I just decided is that I'm going to do a big day of freezer cooking before surgery for my kids meals. They are all crockpot meals so I can just stick them in in the morning and not have to worry about cooking :0) Soooo excited!

I was looking online last night at the different brands and flavors. I think I'm going to get a few flavors of the Isopure and Nectar (samples) to try before I invest in a tub. Lol

I have found these delish Protein Bars that have between 18-21 gr of protein and only 3 gr sugar. They are made by Pure Protein. They are 10 for $10 at Kroger's grocery store right now if anyone has that grocery in your city.

Premier Protein vanilla or chocolate pre-made drinks and vanilla ice cream whey Protein - easy to mix with lots of beverages.

Bars will be tough to eat after surgery we were told by our dietician but are good for now to help build up your protein in take.